“Good Hotel”

Ranked #529 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

A newly renovated and monderised building with the usual mod cons for a Best Western hotel (TV, hairdryer, tea-making equipment etc. Most importantly the rooms are quiet and clean, have comfortable beds and warm powerful showers. The continental breakfast includes cold meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs, as well as cereal, yoghurt, toast etc. Its a five minute stroll to the Finsbury Park tube station, which is on the Victoria Line only two stops (8mins) from Euston station in the heart of Victorian London. Across the road is Finsbury Park, perfect for guests who fancy an evening or morning jog. For football fans, the Arsenal shop is at Finsbury Park tube station, and Highbury is short journey away. Also the 279 bus stops a few metres away from the hotel on the Seven Sisters Road and travels direct to White Hart Lane. The only downside for me was that it happened to be a very warm night and rooms are not air conditioned. Not a frequent occurence in London in late September!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Dorrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed here to watch Shrewsbury Town play at the Emirates. Just a short journey from Euston and a 10 minute walk from Manor House tube. Very efficient check in and received an upgrade from a single to a twin. Helpful staff on reception, plenty of info and booked taxi for me. Spotless, well appointed room with LCD TV. Coudn't fault in any way. Comfy leather seats in reception/bar. Continental breakfast very good with ample choice in quality breakfast room. Good addition to the Best Western chain. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank charlieismedarlin
newcastle-under-lyme
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I booked this hotel on price. I have stayed at The Royal Horseguards and The Towrer but this was a weekend away to take my daughter to see a West End show and I knew we wouldnt be spending much time in the room so location and value for money were more of a priority.

As usual I did read reviews and knew it had undergone recent renovations and I knew about the double suicide which occured here in May 2009! The negative reviews of this hotel are purely based on pre renovations. We arrived earlier than the designated check in and I was prepared to be told to come back later, which wouldnt have been a problem as we had matinee tickets for The Wizard Of Oz. However when I enquired I was given an upgrade to a flat. This was great as my dad had tagged along and a room with just two double beds wouldnt have given anyone much privacy (I booked a family room as it would have cost my dad £95 for a room and I had the family room for £145) The friendly guy from reception showed us to the flat, which is adjacent to the main hotel building accessed through a separate door. The flat was very clean and had a double room with a flat screen wall mounted tv, a sitting area with 2 large single beds, another tv and a kitchen area. The bathroom was a good size with a great shower over a huge bath and the whole place seemed to have been modernised very recently. For the price we had paid I was very pleased and found the staff very courteous. The location to the underground was fantastic, two stations within a few minutes walk (Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters). We left the car at the hotel car park which either down to a change in policy or an error was free!

Breakfast I thought was quite early 7.30 - 9.30 but being an early riser wasnt a problem, the breakfast room, like the rest of the hotel had obviously been renovated and was very pleasant, two wall mounted tvs had bbc news on and there was a good selection of hot and cold drinks, cereals and cold meets and cheeses along with hard boiled eggs, croissants, yoghurts, muffins and bread. The staff cleared tables efficiently and food was constantly being replaced so there was always a good choice. I have seen reviews moaning as there is only a continental breakfast so if you cant go without a fry up then go somewhere else :)

Overall I thought it was really excellent value for money and I would use this hotel again. Its now a Best Western and its had a name change to I think London Highbury, this did confuse me initially. Apparantly the name change will be complete in about three weeks . Book it, you wont regret it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family