Astoria Hotel
$298
$215
$179
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$277
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$128
$121
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$220
$1,064
$843
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull english breakfastnear paddington stationa ground floor roomlondon eyetubekettle
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here, reasonably simple and budget accomodation with the exception of the BED BUGS! Very quickly my partner and I were covered in huge welts, bites and caught several bugs crawling around in the bed.

We told management, who did offer some reimbursment, albeit very reluctantly and inadequete to cover the cost of the money lost for having to find new accomodation, the time and money spent washing and drying all of our belongings. I am sure that from other trip advisor reviews and the reaction of management that this is an ongoing problem, and they seem frankly quite disinterested in rectifying it.

I recommend spending more pounds, and saving yourself the hassle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 392Anon
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here three times in the run in the Christmas whilst working at St Mary's nearby. Great value hotel considering it includes full English breakfast and wireless broadband (stayed in the nearby Marriot later in my stay - 5x the price and wireless a "bargain" at GBP15 pd... If you set your expectations correctly (it isn't going to be the Ritz: expect clean but a little worn and a small, prefabbed en suite unit) you can't go far wrong. Staff were excellent too, letting me leave my smallish suitcase at reception prior to check in. I sometimes wonder what people expect from a hotel when they are paying lower quartile provincial hotel rates for a room five minutes walk from Tony Blair's gaff...

Room Tip: No views from the rear rooms, if that's important to you. Upper rooms attract less passing noise but you will have to carry your bags up.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Will E
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed for a night December 2012 with our two small children. Room was quite clean and functional. No lift :-(. Nothing worse than lugging suitcases up 3 flights of stairs. Staff friendly and helpful and held luggage for us which was nice ( & extremely handy). Breakfast good but restaurant very cramped. Quite a lot of noise from street traffic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Onescratchycat
An EasyToBook.com traveler
London
Reviewed January 9, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I could put up with the fact that the Hotel's hallway looked unkempt, with bits that had been painted over in a hurry that should have been tidied up first. We put up with the cold tap giving hot water, and the hot tap giving cold, and also the fact that one of the taps could twist around on the sink. The water damaged ceiling above one of the beds and the mould stains in the bathroom were not attractive, but I could even overlook this, because the family did actually enjoy the breakfast - although having to go next door but one for it was not the best way to start the day. I could put up with all of this if it were not for one thing. My daughter accidentally left her teddy bear in the room, when we left and didn't mention it for a week. When we rung up the Astoria, we were told that they had looked but couldn't find it and that they would probably have thrown it away. What kind of people would do this?
yes , I admit, we should have re-checked, we thought we had! but things do get left in hotel rooms and I would have expected a call , or an email, just to say "would you like your teddy back?"
In my opinion, Avoid this hotel like the plague, this does not seem to be a place that cares about it's guests!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family