I have stayed a lot in Premier Inn in the past but this hotel experience was well below the standard of previous stays (in other branches of Premier Inn).
When I checked in there were two people on the reception desk, one on the phone and one asleep. When I caught the eye of the woman on the phone and indicated the guy asleep next to her she looked over at him and grinned.
My room had a stained and dirty carpet (although bed linen was fresh and clean) and I've just had breakfast where the scrambled egg was stone cold.
Premier Inn simplifies and reduces the price of a hotel stay but it has to get the smaller number of services it does offer right - my previous experience has been that it does - but not here on this stay.
Standards are slipping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Around the corner from the Tower of London and minutes from Canary Wharf, Bank and Liverpool Street ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel London
- London Premier Inn
- Purple Hotel London
- Sleep Inn City London Hotel
- Purple Hotel City London
- Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel England