“unexpected suprise”

Ranked #203 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“unexpected suprise”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had read reviews to get an idea of what to expect, and to make a decision between a few options in the area, but the reviews for premier inn tower hill seemed to be fair and reasonable so I decided to to with this one.
I was amazingly suprised. Dont get me wrong, it's a basic hotel, simple and not much too it. I was just in a standard double room. But it was clean, very spacious (have paid a lot of money before for rooms where the bed, my bag, and myself struggle to be in the room at the same time). I was down for an exam, so required something easy, stress free, clean and comfortable. My demands were met and pleasantly exceeded. Nothing amazing happened, just friendly staff and actually receiving the value I was promised. I was very pleased. Honestly the only complaint I have is that now every shower I use will seem inadequate. The shower was so amazing, hot and loads of water good pressure. It is astonishing how hard it is to find a decent working shower in hotels nowadays and this was a very unexpected but pleasant surprise!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Suzie_Australia90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice hotel : Reception staff very friendly and efficient: we had a family room for 4, which was huge, much appreciated. Breakfast was brilliant, staff were friendly but it does seem to get very busy at weekends- queue to go into dining room, and then they ran out of cutlery, mugs, plus various items off the menu! Fine during the week though. Very close to tube station and easy to find. We would stay here again. Good value.

Hanko, Finland
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here from the 1st of November until the 4th and had a lovely stay.
Service was great. Price was just perfect. Nothing I can complain about. The breakfast was amazing. The location was perfect - found my way around easily - as for being my second time in London.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very well located near London Bridge. Very good value hotel. Spacious room and comfortable beds. All very clean and modern. Very copious breakfast. Do recommend to families.close to the tube circle and district line

Riyadh
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in October. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children.

I wasn't expecting too much, we had only booked the day before and had struggled to find a hotel so we didn't have much choice. Premier Inn wouldn't ordinarily have been my first choice, we usually stay in places that cost more.

What a pleasant surprise, we left bags in left luggage, there is a coffee shop in reception, we ate in the restaurant one night which was adequate and breakfast was good, the kids ate for free at breakfast which made it an absolute bargain. My husband was working for 2 of the days so the kids and I all breakfasted for £8.95.

The hotel was spotlessly clean, a dirty hotel room is one of my major dreads. There were plentiful towels, 4 cups and glasses (something that is often overlooked in a family room) and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The highlight of the hotel however has got to be the staff. The staff that we met (and we met quite a lot over the 3 days) were, without exception, extremely pleasant. They were all helpful and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

Well done Premier Inn, we shall be back!

Skipsea
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a super 3-night stay in lovely large rooms for a family visit to London. Our daughter, husband and two boys had a family room and housekeeping seemed to take extra special care with the little ones' beds. Cuddly toys strategically placed on pillows, etc. A nice touch. Breakfast was excellent and we also enjoyed the 'grab and go' option which was good value for money. We ate dinner in the restaurant a couple of times and no complaints there.
All the staff were pleasant and helpful and we would especially like to mention Beata, in the restaurant, who went even further than the rest. Thank you to her for making our stay even more enjoyable.
A very good location for the Tower, Tower Bridge and river trips plus the bus tours. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again whenever we come back.
Well done, Premier Inn.