“Premier never let you down!!”

Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel
Ranked #210 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this premier in the 2 nights at a 5 star all singing all dancing hotel and I have to say the rooms, the staff in fact everything was much better at Premier Inn and I will always stay here when in London or elsewhere.........................other place had a pool and spa but I didn't get to use it anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
PremierInnTowerHill, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the fantastic review on your stay with us. We really appreciate the great comments and thank you for the 5 star review. We are very pleased to read you found the rooms and team better than anywhere else, and look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn soon!

Louis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business - everything as you would expect from one of the better run Premier Inns - corner room clean and quiet - bed and shower room OK - dining room in the basement a bit quirky but the griddled bacon was really good and much better tasting than more expensive hotels.

Staff helpful including offering to send out for pizza for me as I arrived late after the nearby pubs had stopped serving food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PremierInnTowerHill, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review posted on your recent stay with us, and we are glad to hear you had an enoyable stay with us. Thank you also for the comment about the griddled bacon, this seem to be a winner at breakfast! The team looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It's everything you'd expect from a Premier Inn

Good location on the edge of The City (5 minutes walk from Tower Hill underground station). Price was reasonable for the area (£133 a night). We had a nice quiet room at the back of the hotel on the 5th floor. I'd be wary of having a room in the basement (# 1 - 15, I think) - there may be some noise problems as they are on the way to the restaurant, so you may be disturbed by people going to breakfast from an early hour.

Would certainly stay here again if needing to be in that part of London.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read your comments, and happy to hear you had a good stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Premier Inn Tower Hill is a very nice and well-kept hotel just on the border between London City and the Whitechapel District. Thus it's close to Eastend, which is developing fast, also as a tourist area. Close to The Tower and City, and only 5 minutes walk from Tower Hill Underground. We had a very nice room on the 3rd floor towards Prescott Street, but as there is hardly any traffic at night, that was no problem. The room was spacious. The beds were top standard and there was the usual electric kettle for tea and coffee, but no fridge. -Not that we missed it, as the hotel sports a 24 hour bar/café-service near the reception. Bathroom was adequate with a nice shower (no bathtub, thank God).
Breakfast was served in the basement. It has been a long time, since I have experienced such a friendly and efficient staff, both here and wherever you met them, The Breakfast was extensive, but they might get some better 'tableknives'. Some of them could hardly cut through a toast. When passing through to the basement restaurant, we saw some of the rooms in the basement, and I wouldn't like to stay there, just as I wouldn't want to stay in the rooms facing the railway from Fenchchurch Street Station. We didn't try it, so that's just my personal feeling. The rooms might be OK, noisewise.

Room Tip: My preference will be rooms from 2nd floor upwards toward Prescott Street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
PremierInnTowerHill, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the brilliant review posted on our hotel after your stay with us. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the rooms spacious and top standard. Thank you again for the positive review and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had booked two rooms a week in advance, these were booked directly with the hotel over the phone. We were told the rooms were booked and payment had been taken.
When we arrived we were greeted by a receptionist who couldn't speak English properly and insisted we had no rooms. After much confusion she managed to locate our booking this time telling us we had one room not two.....more confusion....she finds the second room.....more confusion no payment has been taken! After eventually paying for our two rooms we were given room keys and sent on our way. I arrived at my allocated room to find that the room key had already been given to someone else who had settled into my room!!!!!! Excellent. I phoned reception to report this and was told to stay in the room and someone would call me back. Despite this advice I decided it was not best to sit and wait in what was now somebody else's room! I went reception and spoke to the manager who didn't seen to believe me and insisted on going up and checking the room I'd just been in. When he returned I was told that there was a mix up and they had given someone else my room key so they would find me another room. No one seemed to think it a problem that they were just handing out keys to anyone...

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are ridiculously noisy, either get a room at the back or get yourself some earplu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PremierInnTowerHill, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review posted on your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the issues during your check in. This is not the service we pride ourselves with, and the issue will be investigated further with the relevant department. Thank you for making us aware of the issues you had.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Spent the weekend whilst we did some touristy bits round London. Hotel was good. However was not impressed with the cooked breakfast. The food was cold and even when I told a member of staff there was no update!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review posted on your stay with us. Thank you also for your comments, it has been noted and we have addressed the issues with the relevant departments. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived at the Premier Inn Tower Hill to a warm and friendly welcome. The reception staff are very welcoming. One criticism would be the server at the adjacent Costa Coffee bar who looked quite bored and showed a lack of enthusiasm. Apart from that the room was nice and the shower in particular had a bench to sit down on - useful for my daughter. The location is great only 5 mins walk from Aldgate and Tower Hill tube stations. Tower bridge and pier is also a 5 min walk as well as the Original Tour Bus stop - useful for sightseeing. Breakfast was a bit chaotic and busy, but service was good and the female server could not stop smiling. Overall a good stay - would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review posted on your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the stay and the room, especially the shower with the sitting area for your daughter. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!