“I guess sticking with their Iranian dishes is best” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dindin Kitchen
Ranked #8,502 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Holborn
London, United Kingdom
“I guess sticking with their Iranian dishes is best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I work in the area and was looking forward to trying Dindin for lunch.
I'm not too fussy but I'm usually trying to be healthy and not spend too much on lunch. So I didn't go for the skewers (which sounded yum but were more than £6) nor the muffins etc, and looked at the salads and cold wraps on the side.
There is a vague indication of what the wraps and salad contains, but when I asked a waitress what was in the chicken salad (it looked like taboule, but also something quite mushy), she didn't seem to know, pointed at two other things and said "the same thing as in there" (which didn't really help) and quickly said "there is mayo" before quickly leaving. I guess that helped as I decided against the mayo. Hesitated between the labne & rocket wrap and the chicken one (£3.80), and decided for the chicken in order to get more protein...
I paid at the till, and the staff was nice except that they totally lost interest once they got the money and didn't reply to "Thank you, have a good day".
Once I ate the wrap, I realise it was full of mayo as well :( It also had peas, etc and tasted more English than Iranian. It wasn't bad but I found it a bit sickening for my taste and it's not what I expected.

The shop in itself is clean, and everything is very speedy. They're clearly well organised and I liked the atmosphere. Nice Persian music in the background and relaxing environment even if buzzing.

I've heard good things from friends who have been eating the skewers, muffins etc. and the reviews seem unanimous: I guess they're good at Iranian food. My advice is: don't try their other, more European options. I don't think they're as good at it and I was disappointed.

A little bit more staff training and indicating a bit better what's in the wraps and salad would make for a more client-friendly experience. But these are things that will surely come; they've just opened. I'll definitely give it another try and order what they're more famous for.

• Visited June 2014