“You get what you pay for!”
Review of Wardonia Hotel

Wardonia Hotel
Ranked #552 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights. Was looking for reasonable prices and good location both of which I found here. It's in a great place and very central for the tube and trains. The room is small but perfectly adequate and we didn't mind as it's just somewhere to sleep. We were in a double room on the top floor. As it was very warm the room became stiflingly hot so windows open all night! Apart from that was fine, comfy bed, tea and coffee, shower and tv were good and wifi worked perfectly. Staff were friendly and rooms super clean. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sue690
There are newer reviews for Wardonia Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2013

It is very close to Kings Cross (easy to find), and just a short walk from Oxford Street. Excellent location for me!. The room was small; a bed, a shower and a TV. Since my only ambition with a hotel room is to sleep under safe conditions and take a shower in the morning, it is precisely what I want. Need not more. And 20 steps away is an excellent pub serving very good English breakfast that serve you the whole day. Perfect place to stay for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Wardonia hotel for four days in July 2013. I read all the reviews before our trip to London and expected a very small room. We were given a room on the first floor and it was quite ok. The bed was a bit small, but we had no problem with it. The room was quite cosy and clean, and that was all we needed. There were no problems with the tv or the wireless, everything worked perfectly. The location of the hotel is great, and we didn't have any problems with the noise in our room although the hotel was fully booked at the time of our stay. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. All in all, I can say we were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the basement..
1  Thank JennyBee09
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at Wardonia for four days in July 2013.
It is like what you see in the pictures BUT the rooms are tiny. We were both "fun-sized" girls and we had hard time getting around. Also the guy at the front wouldn't check me in an hour early because it wasn't the official time to check-in. That was the first impression of the hotel.

Other than the small size and the unfriendliness of the staff, we loved the location. 5 min walking to St. Pancras station and relatively clean.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have heavy luggage, make sure you ask for ground 0(first floor in America) roo...
1  Thank LE_BE53
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is relatively cheap comparing to all other London prices, but still you get very little for 100$ a night (for a single). I was prepared to have a small room after reading all the reviews but the room was SUPER small. There was only a bed and a tv. That's all, not even a table. The district is also pretty dirty so I was really happy to move to a cleaner and more live district the next day.
What was great about the hotel was staff. I overslept so I moved out 15 min later than the moving-out time (11 am), but they were nice not to say anything. Overall, even though it is cheap, I would still prefer paying a bit more but getting a bigger room and a nicer area.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to St Pancras Station - it is only a 3-5 minute walk. The room was on the lower ground floor and the stairs were narrow and turned half way down; I nearly fell struggling down with the cases. The room was tiny as so was the bed and the toilet/shower room was minute. This hotel has no restaurant.

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel; on the positive side it was clean and by no means expensive - very reasonably priced, in fact. It is also superbly positioned for St Pancras and Kings Cross stations. However, the bed and the room itself would drive me mad in a couple of days - not even space for a chair to sit in at the after a busy day.

I would stay there again if I wanted to be close to the Eurostar for an early start but otherwise the room was far too small to be tolerable for any more than one night at a time.

Room Tip: I only saw the one room but my feeling is that if your priority is a nice comfortable room with some...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Myself and a colleague booked two single rooms. Mine was actually a small double, and they were both on the second floor of this well-appointed hotel. The rooms were small but very clean, with every convenience, including toiletries and they were relatively quiet. The staff were efficient but a little glum.

The area around the hotel was a bit shabby but there was a great little Irish pub next door where we had a lovely home-cooked, inexpensive tea and it opened at 7 am in the morning and we got a full English breakfast for just £5.95. This was perfect as the hotel does not do breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business