“21st Birthday!!!”

Ranked #448 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Kenmare, Ireland
“21st Birthday!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I Stayed with 2 girlfriends over the bank holiday weekend to celebrate my 21st Birthday, the rooms were very luxurious and well equipped, and its very well located within easy access to Central London. The staff were very friendly and helpful giving us directions and recommening good places to eat, overall we had a very pleasant experience and would definetly visit again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ally t
Sanctum_Int, Manager at Sanctum International Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Traveler, first of all Happy Birthday and on your 22nd birthday please let me know so that I could wish you a happy birthday in person and thank you for a very nice review and see you next year.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at Sanctum and what a lovely stay it was. The staff and manager were very welcoming and accommodating. Our apartment was surprisingly spacious and spotlessly clean throughout. Tube station 2 minute walk with the likes of Oxford street and SOHO just a couple tube stops away. We have recently relocated from the States and I would like to thank Sanctum and all their staff for making this process comfortable and stress free. Impeccable service. THANK YOU.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura S
Dear Traveler, It is always nice and encouraging to get reviews such as yours and we will en devour to be better in 2014.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

It says there's a swimming pool available...what they don't tell you is that there's a charge of £24 to use that facility! If you are not bothered about the pool and gym then the apartments are not too bad...bit pricey though...

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank lowbeck
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time and rating us. The good news is next year pool and spa will not be chargeable and in fact there won't be 2 tariffs anymore. But to respond to your review our website specifically states standard packages which do not include any additional services and therefore chargeable. As for prices, for a 4 to 5 star large apartment accommodation fully serviced and equipped , 1 km away from central London, we are below most providers.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed with my family of 6 at this place two years ago and it was wonderful interms of location, size, amenities, WiFi internet signal power and convenience to all other areas of central London.
The only disappointment for me was they charge on my card GBP 200 after my departure claiming that they found one of their bed sheets having a burn even though non of our family members smoke and the sheet cost doesn't reach GBP 200 at all and I objected but they have taken advantage of my departure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Faisal S
Sanctum_Int, Manager at Sanctum International Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Traveler, with thanks you have given us 9 out of 10 and that shows you have really enjoyed yourself and appreciated the quality. As for the burn, it was not a cigarette burn, it was a iron burn that you were charged for. Our incidents are so minimal that I immediately remembered who you are and for us to keep the standard so that you and other travelers would enjoy we would have to enforce that you treat Sanctum like your second home and hence the deduction of your deposit. Thank you for the feedback and I hope I have been clear in my response.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Spacious, clean, quiet, reliable wifi, well-equipped kitchen, convenient location, good overall service ...

Unfortunately, service can appallingly unprofessional (in our case, on a weekend night). While my mother was showering at 9:30pm, a repairman entered the locked apartment and proceeded to enter the bathroom -- when she saw him and screamed, the man left quickly. My mother was horrified -- and did not feel at ease going inside the bathroom for the rest of her stay. The front desk "explained" that they had called the apartment phone and rang the doorbell, and as no one answered they assumed no one was in the apartment -- although the lights and TV were on in the living room, and the shower was running.

How would you feel if a random man entered a locked hotel room and walked into your wife, daughter or mother while she was showering? If you believe a leak on another floor (and which turned out to be unrelated to our bathroom) should take priority over the privacy of guests in a four-star accommodation, then by all means I would highly recommend this apartment/hotel for a comfortable stay.

A few days after the incident, the manager in charge of customer complaints on weekends along with I believe her superior did speak with my parents and offer a sincere apology. If I were the manager imagining my repulsion if my daughter, wife or mother experienced this -- especially in a hotel/apartment purporting to uphold at least average standards (paying 150 pounds/night) -- I would refund their entire stay without delay. Instead, the manager(s) decided -- apparently as a representation of their empathy in consideration of the degree of the seriousness of this situation -- to offer them two free day-passes to the fitness room/pool on their last day in London (we had other plans).

Absent this incident, this rating would be a four or five -- this is one of the few times where I have regretted booking a hotel which has gotten good reviews on TripAdvisor, and by far the most appalling and distressing incident I've head about first-hand at any hotel anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Not the one with the leak in the ceiling, or the one causing the leak.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Shaowei
Sanctum_Int, Public Relations Manager at Sanctum International Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Traveler, thank you for rating us a 4 or a 5 except the incident for entering the apartment. For your reference and peace of mind, our maintenance person only entered the apartment after trying to contact your parents from reception, housekeeping and maintenance. We were fully aware of the incident and have already discussed the matter in person with your parents and they were fully appreciative of our explanation and understood the situation.
The nature of the urgent entry was water leak coming from the 4th floor which we had to find and rectify as per UK HEALTH AND SAFETY LAWS.

We hope the above explanation is acceptable by yourself. Hope to see you at Sanctum soon.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the sanctum apartments for 9 nights in the month of may '12.we were four of us and were pleasantly surprised on our arrival as we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite.the apartment was spic and span and had a large living area with an attached kitchenette.despite being in central London,the rooms were quiet and a short walk away from the supermarket.its a 10 minute walk to kill burn park tube station making the whole of central London easily accessible.the hotel staff were helpful with directions and booking excursions.the entire building is covered by security cameras making one feel very safe and taxis are readily available even in the middle of the night.cant recommend the apartment highly enough as hotel rooms fraction of the size of the apartment,can get very expensive during the summer months.i never felt the need to move to a hotel as there are plenty of bars and diners in the neighborhood.the stay was great and as I keep on visiting London I might have just found a permanent address.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank karan1983
Sanctum_Int, Public Relations Manager at Sanctum International Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you soon again at Sanctum 'A Home away from Home'.
Suffolk, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights to go to see a show. I was a little nervous about the fact the receptionist took a £200 deposit from my credit card as I checked in, but I suppose they are a little careful nowadays. They did cancel this as soon as they checked the room, but nevertheless I felt uneasy till I was sure I got my money back.
The position of this apartment is very good as it is very close to the underground and overground train stations and central London is only a few stops away. The apartment itself was fairly compact and could have done with being a bit larger, but it was comfortable with all 'mod coms' a couple of bits needed refitting like the skirting near the dishwasher.but for a family of 3 it was ideal. Outside was not too much to shout about and was less than salubrious but only a short walk from many shops, ideal if you are self catering. I would recommend this for small families.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family