Belgrave Hotel London
galahotels.com
$288
$279
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoval tube stationoval loungebrixton academybudget hotelcontinental breakfastpowerful showerinstant coffeehotel is locatedlight sleeperbed and pillowsan overnight stayshort stayroad noiselate at nightlong weekendcomfortable roomsleicester square
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The first point is that this “hotel” is not rated by the “Visit England Association” as a hotel but in the much lower standard “guest accommodation” category, so the required standards to gain four stars are well down from the hotel category. I find this confusing when the establishment has hotel in the name.
However, the location of the hotel suited me as I was going to be in the area. The Oval underground station is very close, so quite convenient for getting into London but I am sure there are better options if you are going into town every day.
I was driving and I noted on the web site that there was a car park nearby; it did say that they could arrange it for you but as I was going to be there at the weekend I did not ask. When I got to the hotel they said the car park was full and pointed out on their brochure it said that you had to pre-book. So I had to park around the corner and lug my bags from there.
I booked a double room and I am glad I did, as even then it was fairly small but more than adequate for one person.
The staff were very friendly but were unable to give me change for the parking fee or able to give me any advice as to where was the best place to park as their car park was full; it can only park two or three cars.
I do not think I would return unless there was no other option.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, not on the road to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

An OK hotel, clean enough, but a little shabby in places. Location was convenient for us, but there are better located hotels for central London. Seemed expensive for what it was, but probably the going rate for London. I doubt we will use this hotel again. There are definitely better options.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel is down as 4 star, not sure why. It is a basic clean hotel, in an area that is not great at night. Perfectly adequate bedroom and breakfast adequate. Staff were pleasant and the price was fine. It is very close to the Oval tube station and if you are into cricket, the cricket ground is nearby. I arrived late at night to hear 2 police cars roaring up the road

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was fine for us in London, room and bathroom were clean, tea and coffee making facility. We had a triple room and the size was fine for 3 adults as we didn't intend to spend loads of time in the room. Breakfast was okay, mainly cereals and toast with a few other bits, breakfast room not the best I've been in but not a problem for us. Very handy for Oval tube station (&Oval cricket ground if you so desire) in zone 2 on the Northern Line. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

we were looking for a place to stay after a night out so wanted somewhere clean but was not looking to spend a lot of money.
having read other reviews we chose the Belgrave. This is a budget hotel, but the room was an acceptable size and was very clean. the location of the hotel was quiet at street level but this being London you have to expect airplanes flying overhead and the occasional sirens of the emergency services.

the breakfast area was unattractive but again clean and the selection of croissants, fresh watermelon, boxed cereals, pots of yoghurt and toast was acceptable if unexciting.

the staff were all friendly and welcoming and there were some limited secure parking spaces available at an extra charge.

• Stayed: July 2013