“Good value for money”

Belgrave Hotel London
Ranked #162 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed in the Belgrave Hotel while attending a training in London. The aqarium with fish is the only decoration in this hotel. But if you are looking for a central hotel that is not too pricy this is the choice of many non-profit agencies staff. I had a small room, basically the bed. I preferred to find a cafe to work in rather than sitting in the not so charming room. There were no common areas to sit and work in. This is not a place for vacation, just for sleep. But friendly staff, and anyway good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gudrun B

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this for a brief one night stay as I was doing the London to Brighton bike ride for charity and needed a base close to Clapham Common. This was ideal and was booked some time in advance. The staff and hotel were very accommodating with secure storage for my wordly possessions (namely my bike!) ready for early the following morning.

There were many many riders staying at the hotel on the saturday evening preceeding the bike ride. When I arrived the hotel reception informed me that because there were so many bikers they were putting on extra staff much earlier in the morning so all the riders had breakfast before they left. They were serving breakfast from around 5.00 a.m., on the Sunday morning which was really appreciated.

I checked in with no problems at all. The room was compact but perfectly formed and had all I needed for an overnight stay. Location was good as I said, only a few miles for me to ride the next morning to the start line and it was not difficult, with the sea of bikers, to see which direction I needed to go in.

All in all a positive one night stay and I would definitely stay here again either solo or with the family and definitey for the 2013 bike ride!

From the outside the hotel looks a little poor but once you get inside all is okay. As I said in the title, it does what it says on the tin. Thanks.

Room Tip: try to be at the rear of the hotel so you are not bothered by the busy clapham road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Karen M
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My employer arranged for myself and 3 colleagues to stay here as we were taking part in the London to Brighton bike ride. I've stayed in most of the large chains of budget hotels but this one could teach them a thing or two about service!! Don't be fooled by the exterior, inside this budget hotel is very well fitted out, very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

We were met I think by the owner, who let us check in early, generously offered to accomodate breakfast for our early 5am start for the bike ride and stored our bikes in a secure part of the hotel. He even provided us with some space to carry out maintenance on our bikes!

Would certainly return for either business or a tourist visit back to London.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scott_H1972
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very pleasant stay. The location - near the Oval - was perfect for us but handy for central London as well.
The room was of a reasonable size and well kept. My one negative comment is that the windows and frames are grubby.

Otherwise - recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I chose this hotel purely on location - my customr is nearby, but I've just booked my third week there. No frills, but what they offer works. The rooms at the back are quieter than the front, and the aircraft can be noisey, but then anywhere in that part of london would suffer the same.

The Oval Lounge directly across the road is a nice place to eat, but it's menu doesn;t change often!

Jc

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank john c
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Do not be put off by the outside. We were delighted with the cleanliness and friendly atmosphere inside this budget hotel. Small and basic as to be expected at this price, but with pleasant surprises like the shiny bathroom - and go careful in the shower if you love the skin you're in - serious power shower! Personally I loved it. Breakfast was also better than expected with no shortage of cereals, jams, toast, boiled eggs, and a great help yourself coffee machine. Location is brilliant with the Oval tube just across the road. That allowed us to get a days travel to all of the sights quickly and easily for just £7 each - bargain. No meals other than breakfast in the hotel, but some good bars, pubs, and restaurants all in easy walking distance. Planes overhead make the whole area noisy, but that's not the hotels fault, and earplugs cured it - comfortable bed made for a good nights rest. All in all a good weekend made better by this friendly and convenient, and very reasonably priced, hotel. It's not 5 star of course, but I give 5 stars because it is excellent in this range. We'll be staying again later this year.

Room Tip: Busy main road at front so ask for a double at the back - twins are all at the front. View of an all...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steevo2015
Reviewed February 20, 2012

What I liked about the Belgrave is that it is in a brilliant location just a few
yards from the Oval tube and the staff are so helpful and friendly .We had to leave very early no problem with breakfast they just sorted it for us - rooms although basic were very well finished and very clean etc...
I used the car park - very secure .

Room Tip: Do not expect the Ritz but the room we had - all the basic things you need - a good bathroom - comfo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple