“Miserable Bar Staff”
Review of The Mudlark

The Mudlark
Ranked #276 of 1,283 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will find The Mudlark in London Bridge within a short stroll of London Bridge, Southwark Cathedral and South Bank - however you won't find another like it.Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality.The Mudlark is one of many rare gems in the Nicholson's collection of great British pubs, reputed for their distinctive buildings, intriguing history and vibrant atmosphere.
“Miserable Bar Staff”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went in with a few friends for our trafitional xmas eve drink, turns out the pub was closing shortly after we arrived. The Barman said last orders at 5:15 "great!" I thought we had time for atleast 1 drink (It was 5pm)..The lagers were flat no bubbles (Which they did replace to be fair) and when a late comer came at 5:10 the barman wouldnt serve her, when I mentioned the time (After He ignored us standing there.) He just shrugged his shoulders and said "too late". I appreciate we were late in the day on xmas eve but too be that moody and rude....so much for "the customers always right". I have been here before but due to prices, beer quality, and staff rudeness and indifference, I definately will never come back.

Hadleigh, England, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Food Ok”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice ale, food okay
shame about the tramp coming round begging for money!!!!

Visited July 2012
Gillingham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Very bad service”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Have been going here for lunch on and off for 15 years as work in the area. Usually very nice. This time though we had to wait over half an hour for food, when we complained we were spoken to by a very rude foreign waiter as if we were children. This is cutting a long story short but they seriously need to train there staff in good customer service. Maybe this is how waiters treat their customers in Eastern Europe. We have a lot of choice around London Bridge area and will be giving this pub a miss for quite a while which is a great shame as it used to be good. Not particularly cheap.

Visited July 2012
Royal Tunbridge Wells
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Rude staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have been to this pub 3 times now due to its location (just under London Bridge) and the fact that it has a nice area to sit outside. All three times I have come across a rude barmaid (or manager - not sure which). There are no pleasantries with her. She makes you feel as though you are spoiling her day by walking in the pub. I think she would be happy to have no clients all day. After the first time I thought I was imagining how rude she was. The second time I visited I asked for a spritzer, She asked if I wanted soda or lemonade, I chose soda - she proceeded to put my wine down in front of me, ask for payment without putting any soda in. The pub was empty and so she was not busy. I asked whether I could have some soda and felt this was almost too much for her to do and no apology. The third time I went here was just because it was a lovely day and fancied sitting outside - but got treated just the same way. This time they took a food order and after 15 mins told us they couldn't do one of the meals. I then had to follow back inside when she proceeded to walk away from me and not take my reorder. I then stood looking at her and the barman who were looking at me and saying nothing. I asked whether I could order some more food and she said she was busy! That's it - nice dining area outside or not - I will not step foot back in this pub. If you are thinking about going to this Nicholson pub - I would just keep walking - there are plenty of Nicholson pubs along the Thames and you'll come across many of them that have superb service - you do not need the service in this pub!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JennyBevan
London
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Typical London Pub but nice ambience”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I visited this pub last Friday evening. Always busy. Especially when the weather is good and after 5.30. Easy hop for anyone working in the City and wanting a drink and a chat. Outside area is quite large by City standards. We have visited this pub quite a few times after work and my husband said it has quite a good choice of beers. We have always been used to City drink prices so they never really come as a surprise - you just get used to it I suppose. We haven't tried the food but I am guessing that this pub isn't really trying to be a super gastro restaurant. I suspect it just wants to be able to offer easy and quick as that is what the majority of people going to this sort of pub would want. There are plenty of nice restaurants surrounding the whole of this area in Borough Market and across London Bridge so if you want a good meal I suggest to go elsewhere after you have had a pint and sat looking around the area.

Visited May 2012