“Super.”
Review of The Summerfield

The Summerfield
Ranked #221 of 580 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here a while ago on business. Great price and a great location - plus it's on top of a pub, what's not to like?!

Service was excellent and friendly, the pub was a bit rowdy but there's nothing wrong with that, and I couldn't hear any noise from the pub at all when I was in my room. I travelled in the heatwave of 2013 and was provided with a fan without needing to ask for it. The room was clean, bright and tidy, and the en-suite was of a similarly high standard.

Breakfast the next morning was great too, perhaps not as spectacular as some of the other reviewers are raving about, but a solid full English with proper sausages and good coffee.

I would definitely recommend this B&B and very much hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Totally agree with all the 'Excellents' in the reviews for this pub B&B.
The landlord is a real gent with the patience of a saint and he cooks a better breakfast than my wife (and that is saying something!). In fact better than all the breakfasts I have had in swanky London hotels costing 3 times as much.
'Carly' (spelling?) is the BEST barmaid in London - without a shadow of a doubt!!
In all a fabulous stay and yes Room 4 is very quiet, clean and roomy!
The ONLY drawback is about 5 flights of stairs to get to the rooms so NOT recommended for anyone with a walking disability. But for me...I shall be back!

Room Tip: Room number 4 is grea
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here quite a bit recently and would like to say a big thanks for the care. As you read on the other reviews:
Big rooms
Clean
For being above a pub surprisingly quiet even when they have a disco on (some saturdays)
Bathrooms basic but fine
Flat screen, tea / coffee and water etc.
They have 4 rooms and external access so you don't have to go through the pub and come and go as you please.
Breakfast is traditional B&B type breakfast, and usually will have a paper as well for you to read. Parking is available on street.
This will be a perfect location if you are coming for the olympics or if you are doing the O2 arena. Walking distance to local train station.

Room Tip: Best room is probably room 4, however single beds so if a couple maybe not so preferable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed 1 night at the Summerfield as we were in London to see a concert at the O2 arena. The room was lovely, very comfortable. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottle of water, biscuits in room with kettle. Hairdryer in cupboard, and iron, ironing board and trouser press on landing for use.

We heard no noise from the pub at all.

Breakfast was served in the pub bar, the breakfast was the best we had ever had, lovely thick bacon and lovely sausages. I had a pot of tea to myself and my partner had a coffee with no problem asking for a second.

Very helpful owners and staff.

We got a taxi to the O2 which cost £11, but it is possible to get the train/subway if you know which one to catch.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilacbear
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Arrived after 11pm in the evening. Given a warm welcome by landlord and regulars. Taken up to room which we were very happy with. Found room to be clean, spacious and comfy. En suite bathroom was spot on. Full English breakfast was both generous and delicious, service was excellent.
Pub was delightful. Enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. Not only allowed us to bring "take away" into pub, but provided plates and cutlery which they cleared away for us at the end.

In short, rooms were spot on, breakfast was excellent, hospitality and atmosphere were super, value was outstanding. We will be staying here again the next time we visit London.

Dean and Andrea Brown,

North Wales.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 4
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Rooms were nice, breakfast very good, but totally over shadowed by the the landlord who I can honestly say was the rudest person I have ever met in all the times I have been staying in hotels / B&B's and I can only put this down to the fact that he didn't like who and what he thought we were, he knows what we mean and I wouldn't reccommend this place to anybody, he doesn't deserve the business.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hayling_Islander1
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Accommodation is surprisingly sparse in SE London, and the high prices reflect this. The Summerfield therefore represents good value. The staff are pleasant, but unobtrusive as they are busy running a pub. The rooms are at the top of the building, approached by an outside staircase, which is good when creeping in late at night but less so when it's raining. Our room was palatial in size with a spacious bathroom. It would have been nice if the radiator valves had been turned on to the right setting in advance. Breakfast in the bar was cooked to order using very high quality ingredients. The location is convenient if that's where you need to be for some reason (ours was the Rivoli Ballroom) and the street parking is easy enough. The pub can get very noisy but the rooms are well insulated so this is not a problem. We'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple