“Interesting”
Review of Volupte - CLOSED

Volupte
More attraction details
Owner description: Volupte~ The Most Decadent Little Supper Club In Town ~Volupte is a world of decadence and delight - a place to escape, unwind and be entertained. Sit back, relax and let your server bring you exquisitely muddled cocktails and sumptuous food all whilst watching London's finest burlesque & cabaret performers.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Volupte is a small lounge club come restaurant. There is a nice bar upstairs where you can get drinks and hangout and downstairs is where the shows are performed. We were escorted downstairs and the waiter was there very quickly to see if we needed anything. You can have a full meal or snacks we got some snacks and they were nice.

The decor is nice bits of it can do with being neatened but it doesn't take away the ambiance of the place. The staff are very professional and attentive.

The compare we had was excellent, it was excellen value for money as there were a few comedians all of whom were good and several burlesque performers - all of whom had a very unique act and were different levels of good.

It is an intimate settling so wherever you sit it's a good seat.

I think some of the meal prices were a bit high but from what I saw of what the others tables were receiving, you would enjoy your meal.

Overall a very good night would definitely recommend it.

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real let down!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was so excited about seeing the James Bond Theme show for a friends birthday but to be honest it was a real let down. On arrival it looked great the upstairs bar was nice and the cocktails were good however cut to downstairs and I quickly was ready to leave! The food was OK, just ok though certainly not worth what we were charged but the show was incredibly poor.
Gracie the host actually had a great voice and I felt was a little wasted in the dingy club, it all looked very amateur once you were in the main room. Fabric thrown up anywhere and a make shift stage on the floor..... To add to this the acts were pretty poor. My friend had loved the Hurley burley burlesque show so we thought it would be a great treat or her birthday however the acts were very messy and lacked class, to be honest the whole thing felt like they'd thrown it together at lunchtime to make some cash.... A real shame as we were all really looking forward to the show.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 25fearn
Guildford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not what it says on the tin.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The bar upstairs was lovely, cocktails were delicious. They were running late with taking us downstairs and the food was slow. The starters were not very nice, the main course was lovely and the desserts were ok.
The venue itself was not classy or well maintained. The pianist was fab, and the singer was great but I expected more along those lines. I was not expecting the strip joint shows that came out and I was not pleased. The magic show was inventive and there were lots of things that were good, but unless you really want to watch girls get basically naked there is no point going.
We paid for the vintage ball - there was no band. I was very disappointed in that in particular.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 777Alex777
Surrey, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Loved the cocktails, very sexy show, taster menu was good - would highly recommend”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband & I were treated to the the show by friends. We started the evening with some amazing cocktails (fantastic selection with lots of sweets & puddings as themes - delicious!). The show was very entertaining, all of the beautiful ladies were very talented - amazing figures, very sexy! and we enjoyed every act, the pianist was very talented - we enjoyed his songs & the magician/compare pulled it all together - a great show all in all. The food was very good not the best but I ate and enjoyed all of the courses. We would definitely go again and would highly recommend to others for a thoroughly entertaining and rather different evening out. I would probably dress up a bit more in keeping with the theme next time - so many people had and they looked fab.

Visited October 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Best night out ever!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My friend and I both had a significant birthday this year and so decided to treat ourselves to a night out in London. We could not have chosen better. We arrived and had a cocktail at the upstairs bar (yes they are rather pricey - but expected this in London) and then moved downstairs for our meal and show. The service and food was good and the show was very funny and lighthearted. We had a thoroughly brilliant night and met some lovely people who were also having a great time. I don't know what the other reviewers were expecting to be honest - after all this is cabaret not the theatre!

Visited December 2012