“A fabulous little hotel with great staff”
Review of Kingsland Hotel

Kingsland Hotel
Ranked #648 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Hove, United Kingdom
“A fabulous little hotel with great staff”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been staying at the Kingsland on a regular basis since August and higly recommend the quality, value and friendliness of this hotel - just a short walk from the Jubille Line tube station.

The rooms are comfortable, the continental breakfast buffet offers plenty of good-quality choice and the staff are both highly-professional and create a friendly atmosphere. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for the staff.

On the odd occasion that there's been a problem - a light-bulb needing to be replaced for example - the response has been great. Everywhere has things that go wrong or don't work - the really good places sort them out quickly and quietly!

I can't recommend the Kingsland and its staff highly enough.

Room Tip: I've tried most of the rooms in the 7 months I've stayed there and they're all good. The...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KINGSLANDLONDON, General Manager at Kingsland Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Kingsland. We are pleased to note that you had a pleasant experience.

Pranav Bakshi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at Kingsland hotel for five nights. The rooms where clean, comfortable and well equipped and the staff were brilliant. Only tiny negative comment would be a slightly strong disinfectant smell in the room a couple of nights.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KINGSLANDLONDON, General Manager at Kingsland Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Kingsland. We are pleased to note that you had a pleasant stay.

We apologise for the smell of disinfectant in the room and will ensure that it is checked before a check-in. Cleanliness is a priority for us at the Kingsland and we work towards maintaining a very high standard of operations to ensure guest satisfaction at all levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Uitgeest, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've stayed in the Kingsland hotel for four days in January 2013. We arrived at 10 am and breakfast wasn't included for that day, but we could take something if we liked. That was very nice. The rooms were clean and the beds were made every day. The breakfast was nice, cause you could roast your bread, take some yogurt and there were enough drinks. There's also wifi in the hotel. Within 200 meters from the hotel there were bus stops and a Underground station, with a train straight to the centre of the city. If we go again to London, we know where to sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SjorsNL
KINGSLANDLONDON, General Manager at Kingsland Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
We have recently upgraded all our rooms with double glazed windows which helps eliminate road noise and therefore it makes no difference whether you book at the back or front of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.
Kind Regards, Pranav Bakshi
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed 1 night at the hotel because we were attending a party up the road. The Hotel is very clean and there is extra tea/coffee and biscuits available in reception. check in was easy and the room was large and modern. We were given a family room with a double and two single beds, there was only the two of us. Maybe the hotel was full! The shower room is tiny but has everything you need. shower gel and shampoo are also included which is handy if you forget yours. Bed was very comfortable and even though we had a room over looking the busy roundabout we didn't hear any traffic noise. My only negative would be that there is a lovely big mirror to do you make-up at but no light.... I unplugged one of the bedside lamps and moved it over.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank borisco
KINGSLANDLONDON, General Manager at Kingsland Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your experience at the Kingsland. I will share your kind comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards, Pranav Bakshi
Wijchen, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in the Kingsland Hotel for four days in November 2012. When arriving we where welcomed very friendly. As others have mentioned, the service is very good, free wifi, coffee/tea and free parking space. Also the room, although not huge, was big enough and the bed was very comfortable, with a boxspring bed (Room nr. 5 has a bathroom with bathtub).

It was a bit dissapointing that the hotel staff was unable to retrieve some lugage that we had forgotten to take with us back home and was left in the room. Oh well, better luck next time.

Location was ideal for us, we went by car and were able to stay away from the busy traffic. Free parking ensured our car was parked safely en nearby. Travelling to the center of London took about 30 minutes, which we found very acceptable. In our case we just had to travel the distance twice a day, on the way to the center in the moring and back in the evening.

Overall a nice hotel which offers good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the hotel, I don't think it mathers much with regards to the noise...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Car0lineNL
KINGSLANDLONDON, General Manager at Kingsland Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review about your pleasant stay at the Kingsland.

We are sorry to hear about your forgotten bag in the room. We have a lost and found section where forgotten guest belongings are kept securely. We try and get in touch with the guest if something is left behind but sometimes it is difficult to connect to guest mobile numbers. We would request you to kindly get in touch with us to claim any forgotten belongings.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in July/2012. The staff was very courteous and it was nice to be greeted with a 'we were just waiting for you' at my arrival at the receptionist had everything ready for me to get to my room and crash in bed (I checked in around 10:30pm after a long day in London so all I wanted was a clean and quiet room and that's exactly what I got).
As suggested on this website I requested a room at the back of the hotel as the reviewers said they were quieter. However the room I got was very hot (top floor, on the back). I can't complain as there was a fan in the room but I would just like to warn other people that the rooms on the top floor night get very hot during summer (there was also an electric heater in the wardrobe so I think those rooms also get very cold during winter). The bathroom was very clean as well (as expected). There was plenty of choice of food and drinks for breakfast. All in all a very good experience. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It's a very short walk from the tube station and you get a better hotel than many hotels I stayed before in the centre of London, for a better price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor might get too cold (winter) or too warm (summer). Not a big problem as there...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Hvrijssa
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've stayed here every week since August 2012 and I can't say enough on how good this hotel is. Free car parking, free WiFi, free tea/coffee, free continental breakfast; all the things other hotels charge a fortune for. I've spent large sums on other hotels in the area and this one blows them all out the water. The staff are so courteous and the best I've ever met and I've met quite a few! The rooms are quiet and comfortable and I've never had any problems with noise from other guests or traffic. With the Jubilee Line only 5 mins walk, you can be in Green Park and central London in 30 minutes. You can tell the owners care a lot about their business, with the marble floors in reception, refurbished rooms and double glazing. Forget the anywhere else, just go to the Kingsland Hotel and you'll come back.

Room Tip: I don't think there's any difference between front or back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JustLikeSquiddy
KINGSLANDLONDON, General Manager at Kingsland Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your experience at the Kingsland.
Kind Regards, Pranav Bakshi, General Manager, Kingsland