“Very stylish”

Ranked #113 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Ranica, Italy
“Very stylish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hoxton is a great choice for a stay in london.Its urban style welcomes you when you arrive and enter the
lobby. the hoxton grill is a great restaurant good food fir good value. the hoxton is something different and I certainly would return!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank c62gio
Hox_Team, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Why thank you, we're really happy to be named stylish and great to hear that you enjoyed the food in the grill. If you haven't already try the Pulled Pork Bap, it's MEGA! Hope to see you here again soon...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haderslev, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

You feel at home when staying at the Hoxton Hotel. The staff greets you and make you feel welcome. Great value and excellent atmosphere. I stay at the Hoxton both when I am on business trips and when I go to London with my family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We get you both times do we?! Business and for leisure...Happy to hear that you feel at home here and we look forward to welcoming you again!
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had booked 5 nights, but had to leave unfortunately, for family reasons, after only 2 nights. My stay was pre-paid, but the hotel was EXTREMLY generous: they refunded without discussion or problem, after just 3 minutes of inquiry, the 3 nights which I didn't sleep in. I think this is unusual and rather great!

Room Tip: Rooms, as usual, far from elevators, are much quieter! That is normal.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ssssshhhhh don't tell everyone ;-) Pleased we could be of service and we hope everything worked out OK. Hope to see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to review.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hoxton for a girl's getaway/birthday celebration. We really enjoyed our stay - the beds were very comfortable (probably the best I've experienced in a hotel recently) and the showers were fantastic. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and well maintained. The staff were excellent - truly amazing. They all wanted to go out of their way to help us with whatever we needed. In fact, one staff member in particular stood out - Olivier at the front desk. He provided tea while we waited for our rooms to be ready and when he found out we were there for my friend's birthday he had balloons (elegant not tacky) placed in the room with a birthday message for her. I did not bring my adapter with me and he went out of his way to find one for me. And every day he was there he always made sure to ask us how we were doing. We dined in the restaurant for breakfast and found the food to be quite good as well. As with other comments it is a lively place in the evening which we rather enjoyed (great cocktails). The only constructive offering is that it would have been nice having a section of the lobby available only for guests. I would definitely go back and will recommend the hotel to my friends and family. Olivier - if you are reading this, thank you for ensuring a memorable experience for me and my friend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hox_Team, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback, always nice to hear compliments and we'll be sure to give our Oli a big pat on the back and share your feedback with the team!

Do say a BIG belated happy birthday to your friend and come back around again soon...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great stay, despite being very busy the staff was keen to help and advise me. Also, compared to the ridiculous prices most London hotels charge their guests, The Hoxton's pricing policy is very fair, to say the least. Pretty much the best hotel I've been to!

• Stayed June 2013
WOW! Thank you for the feedback, we are really happy to be named the best hotel you have been to...Do come around again soon, we will be waiting ;-)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've stayed at the Hoxton several times in the last couple of years always through busines (sadly). However I've had a great opportunity to see the hotel in reasonable detail.

The bar area is seamlessly fused with the lobby and is surprisingly popular with "locals" not just guests and there is a fairly trendy, affluent "City" feel. This is Shoreditch and let's be honest you will not find the atmosphere quite as down to earth as you might up the road in Islington (during the week at least). The vibe is about successful, aspiring, stylish youth and you may spot the odd celeb in there too from time to time. And in a way I guess this is the target demograph.

While I accept this hotel has worked hard to cultivate something stylish and is relatively unique with the product it offers I guess the thing for me is when I'm travelling for work I like to have as much space as I can get as the room substitutes for my home. That's where the Hoxton is a bit of a let down for me. I won't dispute the rooms are stylish and adequate for a short stay for someone on vaccation but as someone who frequently has to work in their room during a trip they're a bit on the small side and quite dark. The rooms have dark wood furnishings and a really dark bathroom (I mean ceiling to floor dark tiles - sorry, this has just never been my thing - nor is the complimentary Pears soap for that matter :-).

I also enjoy a good breakfast and the paper bag with a yogurt, banana and juice is a let down. I know they have the bacon sandwiches and the full service (if you have the time). Again the problem for me is that I'm working; I don't have the facility to stop off for take away then eat it at a desk and the service breakfast I am reliably informed is quite slow. Now if I was enjoying a relaxing city break this would probably be fine as I'd head out for the day and take breakfast at leisure somewhere.

The highlights of this hotel however are the staff and the restaurant. The staff are friendly and helpful and there is a casual ambience at reception that is really welcoming. I've eaten in the Grill a number of times, the food is unpretentious and honest and it's really good! The slow cooked beef ribs are the highlight but the slaw is surprisingly good as well!

Overall, the Hoxton is good for for couples or small groups of friends having a short break and looking for a location just a bit less cliched than "Up West". Breakfast isn't great but dinner is super (in a casual way). It's convenient for a lot of businesses operating near Liverpool Street for the business traveller. But I really feel it's better suited to flying business visits than a week long project for example and not great for anyone who has to work from their rooms in the evening. As with most other people, the fresh milk in the fridge in the room and the bottles of water are a great touch. However the Pears soap - noooooo!

By the way, for any romantic men out there, if you want to surprise your wife or girlfriend with a stay in London you could do a lot worse than this hotel - every female colleague I have just raves about the place!

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing onto Great Eastern Street - you can get some traffic noise from about 04.30 onwa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hanoverian27
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Hoxton was an excellent and lively hotel. It seems to be the beating heart of Hoxton/Shoreditch.
Staff were excellent. We ate at the hotel once and the food was very good. I had the pulled pork burger and this was superb.
The room was a little small but adequate. Bathroom with rain shower excellent. One or two stains noted on the chaise longue.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area which is rich with quirky and lively bars, restaurants and clubs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HollyTony
Thank you for taking the time to feedback, we always like to hear that we have another pulled pork bap fan out there. Great that you enjoyed the lively atmosphere and the surrounding area - we'd love to see you back here again.