“Third visit was as great as the first”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #94 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Hoxton has become our second home in London now. Whenever we come down from Scotland we always stay there now. The prices are good but the hotel, and it's staff, are consistently great.

In the heatwave, when it was 30+ C outside, the air-conditioning in our room was quiet and did a great job of keeping us comfortable. The room was always clean and our special request (a higher floor overlooking Willow street) was met without argument. The free breakfasts are a great way to get you started in the morning.

We love the area around the hotle so much (Shoreditch) that we tend not to venture into the city unless we are visiting one of the big galleries - it has everything you'll need! There is even a co-op shop across the street if you just feel like a quiet night in with a glass of wine.

All in all, still a brilliant place to stay and we shall be back ASAP!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Willow street are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gita J, Hoxton Team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi Trevor and Fiona

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

We are proud to deliver great customer service to all our guests and love to hear we have becomes your home away from home..

We look forward to your asap return to The Hox! ;)

Hx

Write a ReviewReviews (4,874)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having little time to go away around work, my partner and I decided on a weekend in London the weekend after our wedding. We wren't disappointed by the Hoxton. Having mentioned it was our honeymoon they put us in the Hoxton Cabin, one of the concept rooms (and thankfully away from the noisy Grill and bar downstairs!). The staff were lovely and the little breakfast was a brilliant extra. The rooms are quite small but beautifully formed, I'd definitely recommend it. it had the added bonus of being on top of Old Street station making it a handy base for going into other parts of town.

Room Tip: If you are hoping to get a quiet nights sleep, avoid the rooms directly over the internal courtyard...

Hi Louhew_13

Thank you for your review - full house of fives for us!

Great to know we made your stay extra special and you and your partner enjoyed minimoon away in London!

Hope to see you soon @ The Hox!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had stayed at The Hoxton before and absolutely loved it. So we decided to stay again for my partner's birthday. They gave us a concept room which was absolutely lovely and they put some balloons in for my partner which made her feel very special.
The decor and ambience of the hotel was very chilled out, modern and stylish. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in and the room was equipped with everything we needed for a short stay. On our previous stay we had reviewed that the only thing better would have been something to plug our iPod into and this time we got just that. So it really was perfect.
The staff were also super friendly. Everyone who visited our room (from room service) knew it was my partner's birthday and all wished her well. The front desk staff were very helpful and had some of the best customer service skills I have ever come across.
The room was very reasonably priced, the only thing I would say is that there were certain items on the room service menu which perhaps could have been a tad cheaper. Not the entire menu I might add. But for example, my girlfriend ordered Eggs Benedict for breakfast and they were fantastic. Well worth the money at £8! However, I ordered a Bacon Bloomer, which I thought for £5 was rather small as it was just a glorified piece of bacon in a bap. However, it was very tasty and I appreciate that there is a premium for having it delivered to our room.
Overall, the experience left us feeling very special and The Hoxton is fast turning into a tradition for us. We will most definitely be back! Thank you :)

Hi SJFeehan

Thanks so much for your review!

It's nice to know we got it right for you this time and visiting The Hoxton is turning into a tradition for you and your partner.

We look forward to your next stay already! ;)

See you soon @ The Hox!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The air-conditioning in this hotel sucks and the repair and staff were happy to confirm this!

However, the food, staff (management) and overall atmosphere is outstanding. The reason for the two stars is because when you stay in a hotel you want the actual hotel room to be great especially for the price you are paying. In this case...it were not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben S, Director of Operations at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi RishiOps,

Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear that your A/C was not working during your stay. Not ideal in these very hot summer evenings.

It would be great to discuss this further with you, please drop me a line at benjamin@thehox.com.

Thanks

Ben

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amazing. Funky. Only criticism was my door card kept failing to work, however staff couldnt be more helpful. They really went above and beyond and i couldnt imagine staying anywhere else after a 26 hour flight! Not to mention they gave me early check in!! Loved it and will go back :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi Zozocash

That's great! All fives from you!

Thanks for sharing and hope to see you soon at the Hox!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hoxton on 12th and 13th July 2013 with my best friend. The hotel is based in Shoreditch and we stayed in a concept room - Hoxton Cabin.

This is one of the loveliest hotels I have stayed in anywhere and would happily stay again. The concept room we had was great, clean, lovely décor, decent size room, great shower and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel itself was contemporary and there was a lovely atmosphere all the time. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times.

There is also a bar and restaurant in the hotel both of which are busy all the time so if you want somewhere quiet and peaceful to hang out this hotel is probably not for you. However we thought the restaurant was very good and the food was tasty and the lounge area was stylish and lively.

The area of Shoreditch is great, lots of places to eat and drink and easy transport links. I have never stayed in this part of London but thoroughly enjoyed it and would stay again and recommend to others.

The only thing to note is that parking is on the side streets and there is a congestion zone applicable so you might need to drive around a little before finding somewhere to park. However I managed to find a spot on Tabanacle street for the whole weekend, which is a short walk from the hotel so parking can be located.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Dippalli N

Thank you for your review!

Loved to read how much you and your friend enjoyed weekend away at the Hox and found the team friendly and helpful at all times!

We hope to see you soon @ The Hoxton!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

After booking a concert at The Olympic Park I needed somewhere to stay in The East part of London. After lots of conversations with friends and advice on the area I still was no nearer to finding the right hotel. Myself and my partner like boutique stylish modern hotels and like "nice" places so the challenge was on. After lots of searching I came across The Hoxton hotel and I am so glad I did. I booked it via their website and found it straight forward and the best price too!. We visited on the Wimbledon final weekend so everywhere was busy or over priced.
On arrival the staff were friendly although clearly very busy but were still happy to help and we were able to leave our luggage as the room wasn't ready which enabled us to continue with our day plans. On check in later that evening the guy on reception was fantastic and has the best customer service manner I have come across friendly, relaxed and just a nice guy. The room I had requested was a feature room as it was for my partners birthday and I was lucky enough to be given one. As it was his birthday the hotel staff had kindly placed some balloons in the room a really lovely touch- Thank you. The room was fantastic small in size but just what we needed. Bathroom was a real great size with everything we needed- large shower etc.
The bar was busy and maybe the only thing that is needed is more seating rather than having to pounce as soon as someone has moved from there seat or staff in the restaurant area asking you to move.
Overall a really cool hotel, great location and value for money- We will be back very soon!

Room Tip: High floored room for those wanting a relaxing / romantic break
1  Thank LittleMiss1014

Hi Rachel G

Thanks very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

We loved to hear you enjoyed your weekend away at The Hoxton and would like to come back!

Great to hear a small tought from us made your partner's Birthday extra special!

We hope to see you soon at the Hox!

Take care