5,204 results
All reviews breakfast bag paper bag old street tube station yogurt fresh milk in the fridge great hotel cool hotel brick lane spitalfields market free wifi northern line great shower little touches rooms are small comfy bed hotel bar quiet room
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Lovely lively vibrant hotel. Rooms small so not worth full price but we had deal at £99 a night for double room. Food was really superb in grill. Reception staff friendly, warm and helpful. Something I have not found at other hotels. My only criticism is noise. We were in London as my young daughter is having ongoing medical treatment at Guys Hospital and we have to travel a long way and stay overnight regularly so I requested a quiet room so we can rest. The hotel obliged and put us in a room at the back of hotel. Outlook terrible but I did not care about that. What I did care about was the noise from 5 a.m onwards of the laundry van and other deliveries etc at the back so we were shattered the next day. Such a shame and all guests must surely on complain about this.

Room tip: Don't sleep in the back of hotel!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in the Hox for one night to go to a gig in Shoreditch... the hotel was buzzing but not noisy, with the bar and grill serving wonderful food! The room was very clean and modern, the bathroom was lovely, complete with Pear's soap! the little breakfast left in the morning was great to set us up for the day. The hotel is close to many cool bars, restaurants and venues, and is about an 8-10 minute walk from Liverpool St Station, so we went from 'Stansted to bed' in under an hour! Great value, lovely staff, and the late check out (max 4pm) was handy if you don't want to carry your luggage around all day. Defo recomend, would go back without a doubt! Also, cheap as chips for almost-central London!

Room tip: Book a few months in advance for cheaper rates, and look out for the £1 room sale they run now and then on their website!! The back of the hotel i would assume is quieter than the front (Great Eastern Street)
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our third stay at the Hoxton. The rooms are chic, modern and very comfortable. Friendly staff! Love the atmosphere and the neighbourhood! We will definitely stay here again, this is our favourite London hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The combination of price, location and cool factor are surely unbeatable not only for in London but anywhere? I will be back when I'm next in London and I actually can't wait to need to come again. So much in the area the cocktail bars are fantastic, the rooms are cooly furnished and the cushions (Rock, Paper, Scissors) are amazing and I might end up buying some online at some point!

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here on a Friday for one night in one of the new rooms, and the whole experience was truly amazing. I checked in on my own (before my boyfriend and me went back after a concert) and my first impressions of the room were that it was very cosy - not too small, and not massive either. As it was a new room the whole design was completely different to all the other rooms which gave it that wow factor for us! The huge bed had a headboard designed like a corner unit and 2 blankets to keep you nice and warm at night!

Aside from the bed, the best part of the room has to be the shower, it had a overhead rainfall shower which was really nice, definitely one of the best features! The breakfast delivered to your door was also a nice touch, however we ordered room service which was a little bit on the pricey side, but not bad.

The noise levels were not bad at all, upon arrival there were lots of people downstairs in the bar area but this did not affect any of the night, once we were in our room I couldn't hear much outdoor noise.

After booking this hotel and seeing a few negative reviews, I was quite apprehensive, but my experience in this hotel was an unforgettable one, the service was great, my only complaints were that the phone in the room allowed us to make calls but not to hear reception when they rang us up to ask what time we were checking out, and it was hard to turn off or raise the temperature on the air-con, but again, this didn't affect the night too much!

I would definitely come back to this hotel and look forward to doing so in the future!

Room tip: Get a room on one of the higher floors