“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of TY Seven Dials

TY Seven Dials
Ranked #56 of 1,101 Coffee & Tea in London
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent coffe, sandwich and salads! We had breakfast, but also perfect for lunch, reading a book, working etc... Wifi available.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is the ideal place to read a book. The room is spacious and welcoming, the coffee is excellent (we had a Chemex - brewed in an unusual glass thing), and the staff are friendly but not intrusive. The food is on the expensive side, but that's no surprise given the location. There are iPads for anyone to use on the counters. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Not much to say other than we were made to feel instantly welcome, the décor is quirky yet homely and the food and drink were absolutely divine.

I had an Americano, a slice of ginger loaf and a ham and cheese (although it was much classier than just ham and cheese) grilled sandwich and my partner had fresh orange juice, a salted caramel brownie and an identical sandwich to myself. All of this was perfect and I could (wanted to) have gone back for more cake...so pleased and happy that we sought this place out.

Will definitely return when we visit London next. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The coffee is great, the cakes generous (even too generous) and lovely, the juice excellent, a jug of water given without asking, super, super friendly and efficient, there is nothing I can say against this place.

1  Thank vvalplage
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stumbled upon this place last night with a friend. We were looking for somewhere warm, with a good selection of non-alcohol drinks. Timberyard didn't disappoint.

Unfortunately we'd just had a big pizza so we had no room for the wonderful looking food so we intend to return. My friend opted for a fresh orange juice and I had the tangerine and ginger tea,

We sat downstairs as there was more room and one of the staff bought our drinks down. On the cute little wooden tray (wish I'd taken a photo) were our drinks, a teapot, timer and - helpfully - a bottle of water and glasses, which is a lovely gesture.

My tea was delicious (never had this combination before) and brewed perfectly, they helpfully bring a timer and explain that they recommend brewing for a specific period (I think it was 3mins), tasting and then if you want a stronger taste, brewing for longer. My friend thought this was a little gimmicky but I thought it was a great idea having drunk far too many strong teas in the past.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, they had no problem answering our questions about the menu, even letting us sample some of the yummy popcorn.

The menu was reasonably priced for the area.

I will definitely return and recommend this if you're looking for somewhere new to meet friends.

The loos were very clean. My only suggestion would be that the downstairs for a little bright for a Saturday night, some floor lights would be good to give it some warmth.