The hotel is a short walk away from Clapham South Underground. There are plenty of supermarkets and eateries nearby. If you are looking for somewhere convenient, this is it.
However, do not stay here if you are a light sleeper. The hotel is on a busy road and near an intersection so you can hear the sound from the passing traffic. We stayed for two nights on the ground floor front facing room and I was woken many times by passing ambulances with sirens blaring, buses and noisy revellers walking by. Outside our front window is an outdoor seating area, and some tourists were sat there at 6.30am chatting. The noise was very audible! Needless to say, my kids slept restlessly and so did we.
If you drive, the hotel charge £10(!!!) to leave your car on their drive. However on weekends, you can park on the side streets for free.
Other than that, the rooms were clean and comfortable. There shower worked a treat and the was a TV and mini fridge in the room. It was easy to get to Central London for here. Would I stay there again though? No. I need my sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “...Peaceful moments by open green space..” Overlooking London’s well-known open woodland green space, the Clapham common, Euro Lodge London Clapham promises a peaceful and relaxed stay, and is a perfect stepping stone to discovering the capital, past and present. As an unhurried alternative to central London but with direct public transport links to Waterloo and Leicester Square close by, a short leisurely stroll through the Park affords relaxing moments to visit the world famous Oval Cricket Ground, Battersea Arts Centre or explore the individual flavour of the local area, with its eclectic mix of Art & Antique galleries, boutiques, restaurants and bars. From the local time in different major world cities being displayed on an array of clocks at reception to comfortably furnished rooms, the guest leisure traveller or businessman is offered a friendly service and true value-for-money hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Euro Lodge Clapham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Euro Lodge Clapham Hotel London
- Euro Lodge Clapham London, England