“Noisy but convenient”

Ranked #495 of 837 Specialty Lodging in London
London
“Noisy but convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel is a short walk away from Clapham South Underground. There are plenty of supermarkets and eateries nearby. If you are looking for somewhere convenient, this is it.

However, do not stay here if you are a light sleeper. The hotel is on a busy road and near an intersection so you can hear the sound from the passing traffic. We stayed for two nights on the ground floor front facing room and I was woken many times by passing ambulances with sirens blaring, buses and noisy revellers walking by. Outside our front window is an outdoor seating area, and some tourists were sat there at 6.30am chatting. The noise was very audible! Needless to say, my kids slept restlessly and so did we.

If you drive, the hotel charge £10(!!!) to leave your car on their drive. However on weekends, you can park on the side streets for free.

Other than that, the rooms were clean and comfortable. There shower worked a treat and the was a TV and mini fridge in the room. It was easy to get to Central London for here. Would I stay there again though? No. I need my sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Euro Lodge Clapham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the space for the luggage, which we have since addressed to our top management ones again thank you for choosing Euro Hotels Group.

Wahiba Belaoane.
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Cheap and cheerful and that is what this hotel is. Well located close to the underground with very helpful staff, the rooms unfortunately are a bit grim. However, for the price paid (47) it was acceptable. Clean but shabby.

Well located for restaurants and bars - a great little Italian close to the hotel is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Arrive late, enjoy a good meal at the Italian nearest to the hotel, sleep and leave early.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Lodge Clapham and thank you for you nice comment I am happy to hear you have enjoy your stay and sorry for the cabinet room we are doing lot of improvement ones again thank you for choosing Euro Hotels Group and welcoming you back soon.

Wahiba Belaouane.
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham .
Burwash, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very uncomfortable with a sloping bed and a hot stuffy room that was next to the luggage room so every morning we were woken up by people talking and banging there cases about and its pricey for what you get. IM never going back.

• Stayed May 2014
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Lodge Clapham and your feed back is very important to us I have made all you note and I will investigate the matter and fix the problem sorry again thank you for choosing Euro Hotels Clapham.

Kind Regards,
Wahiba Belaouane
Manager of Euro HOTELS.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I liked the hotel, it was 2 blocks for a tube station and the staff was really nice. Even though the rooms were small, they were comfortable and the have things for to prepare tea for free. I'd come back here next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you fo choosing Euro Lodge Clapham Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Wahiba.Belaouane
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with a friend. Paid £69 which isn't bad in Clapham. Continental bfast £3.50 and Full English £5.00. Room very basic, clean. Friendly staff. Tesco 5min walking, tube nearby. If you looking for cheap hotel and you're not fussy this hotel will be good for you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Monika W
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Euro Lodge Clapham. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon your feed back are very important to usone again thank you for choosing Euro Lodge Clapham .

Wahiba.Belaouane.
Manager.
St Austell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for one night.it was a clean room but poorly kept.wallpaper coming off and furniture shabby.shower didn't drain away and very tight squeeze to go in and out of bathroom.there was no matteress protector on bed.
We only were left coffee, tea,milk and sugar for one person.when I asked receptionist for some she told me to find somebody for them.
We paid for car parking at rear but unlike the advert it wasn't a car park but their yard with spaces for four cars.gates weren't locked the whole time we were there.we had to wait for someone to move a car to leave in morning.the man didn't seem to know how to drive and hit a plant pot reversing the guest car.
We would not recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Find different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Lodge Clapham and thank you for taking time to writhe your experience I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on email address wahiba@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk just for your acknowledge yes we do have small parking and if the gate padlock wasn't close because in the morning lot of guest will moved they cars but we do have CCTV camera monitoring 24 hour service I have made all the note and I will do my best to improve the services ones again thank you for choosing Euro Hotels Group.

Wahiba.
Manager.
Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed in a triple room. To get there, we had to climb two floors, go to the end of the hall through several fire doors and then up one more stairs. The room was clean and spacious with 3 single beds. The bathroom has a smell that was so musty that we could hardly stand being in there and made sure we kept the door closed. When we asked staff about it, they said that it was good to know so they could have the smell gone for the next guests. We were there for 3 nights. The internet was spotty too and the staff just said that it really didn't work and it was slow anyway. I am on business and the internet is very important.

The next day the musty smell was better and so was the internet. The staff was friendly. We did not try the breakfast as it was a continental (price extra) and an English breakfast was in a hotel next door.

I don't think I would come back here as it was not the best experience. The building is old and well kept and I don't need a modern look and feel but overall, it was just 'Okay.'

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Lodge Clapham, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Lodge Clapham and Thank you for your kind comments and compliments I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry
"Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

WAHIBA.BELAOUANE .
MANAGER OF EURO HOTELS CLAPHAM.

"