“Good Value”
Review of Euro Lodge Clapham

Euro Lodge Clapham
Ranked #523 of 930 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Euro Lodge Clapham is in a very good location, close to two tube stations and bus pass the front door. We did have a little trouble finding it at first because there are 3 buildings on this road with the same name owned by the same people but once we sorted that it was fine. Be prepared for stairs, there are lots of good eating places nearby and great to see some sports and family park activities happening on the common across the road. Staff very helpful, clean but small rooms.
Nice, convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: ground to first floor if you are not fit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights- did get a very good deal for price , location etc (zone 2 on the tube/buses)- only SOME of the staff were helpful- was told on arrival that we had a booking but it wasn't paid, though I had a receipt- girl had to get her manager who then confirmed we were paid up... Thought the deal had breakfast but it didn't,so paid the £3.50 each per day... Most food was ok, but the juice was off. Accidentally left my travel documents in reception on check in and it wasn't till 3 DAYS LATER when we were looking for the folder did reception (same person) advise they had it.... Was disappointed they did not bring it to our room on the first day as it had our ID.... Website also said hairdryer- ours had none... And the room had no window, was next to a makeshift luggage room instead

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked this hotel for its location and cost. We were not there most of the day and always went out for breakfast so can't comment on the continental breakfast which cost £3.50 per person. Booked online and seemed to get a good bargain compared with walk in prices.
The overall impression is of a shabby hotel. At some point someone has tried to tart it up with bed throws and valances to match however these are made of cheap dark burgundy red silk and the valance is stapled to the base of the bed. Curtains 4 inches short on the windows. Beds reasonably comfortable even if the room was a tad snug.
Our shower room was modern and very clean with a quality shampoo provided each day.
I would not recommend this as an hotel if you are spending a few hours a day in it but just for somewhere to rest your head at the end of the day it was ideal.
Booking in - we were attended to by a surly young woman and given a ground floor room under the stairs. Commanded to fill in passport details! Told her I did not have my passport with me having only travelled from Liverpool. Demanded I must put some identification down. Used my driving licences - don't know what you would do it you don't have anything with you as is often the case when I pop to London. Went back to ask for a room above ground level as requested when booking. Again surly young woman now spoke to a pleasant man 'SHE wants a room not on the ground floor. SHE said she put this on the booking.' Young woman slapped our booking on the desk in front of him for him to sort. Resisting the urge to smack this woman and teach her a few manners the man in charge changed our room no problem.
On getting to room there were 3 hangers for 2 of us. Requested more hangers from a maid outside our room. None came. Made same request on leaving the hotel in the evening to go and eat, still none on our return. Requested them again at 10 pm.
Next morning I asked another woman on reception who apologised and we finally got 3 more hangers.
Apart from this one surly and rude person on reception who seemed to begrudge us disturbing her day, all staff were helpful and polite.
Room was quite noisy being on the front of the hotel but was very clean. Towels very small, just one each and barely covered my modesty.
Overall a good price and adequate for us for a short stay just for somewhere to sleep.
It is only a short walk from Clapham South underground and within easy reach of lots of shops pubs bars etc at the other end of the common.
Worth a trip to Brixton market via Stockwell, change to Victoria line to get to Brixton one stop on.
Loads of different places to eat in the evening in Brixton market. We had a meal at The Joint and then crepes afterwards in another place still in the market.

Room Tip: Request a room on upper level and at back of hotel for a decent night sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good location, 250 meters from Clapham South London Underground - zone 2 (to consider the cost of subway to get around, good but expensive!), An area full of coffes.
The structure is bit dated, but clean. The small room, with a bed and a little space around, big shower compared to the bathroom and to all rest!! For those of us who used it only for sleeping and I think almost all traveling to London who spend their days visiting the city, the room and the space is just fine! Only thing about winter, since the bed was under the window, attached to the radiator ... and when it' s turned on?
Average breakfast, staff very informal and friendly, you can eat your meals in the public areas, buy prepared foods in the near market.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank EleVeg
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We paid £89 on a Friday night. Not much I know but it's like some 70's guest house. Room is on the 3rd floor, no lift. Ever stair creaked! Room is excessively basic. Door are stiff (I could not get out of the bathroom). I thought the window was open with the noise from the road but it was actually closed. Finally I lay on my bed to find it was tilted. The floor is uneven! So here I am feeling like I will roll off the bed during the night. Clapham is fun, but this place is just unpleasant. Pick some where else please!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I don't know why this place has such terrible reviews. We booked a triple room at one of the busiest times of the year. When we got there, we were told that the triple rooms were taken, so we were given two doubles. Perfectly fine by me!
The staff was very helpful, the breakfast wasn't fancy, but filling, and the rooms were very neat and clean. It was a 10 min walk to the nearest tube station and only a 30 min ride to King's Cross. As it was very warm, they helped us have the windows open for the breeze and draped them properly.
I would book with them again. People expect grand things at this price but they forget that it's London. Good job guys!

Room Tip: If you can, book rooms that face the front. There's a lovely park just opposite the road. And th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place should be bull dozed, we booked and paid 5 months prior to staying and I think they gave us the worst room they had, Well I hope it wasn't their best. The floor in the room was broken I kept waiting to fall through it. The floor was so sunken that the bed had a lean on it. The toilet was broken, there was wires under all over the place. The fan and tv ran off the same conduit. There were trip hazards everywhere, I saw three people trip over in the first day. The included breakfast is dry toast and cornflakes and the desk staff are rude and can barely speak English.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family