The Sumner Hotel
galahotels.com
$288
$279
1,438 results
All reviewsmarble archoxford streethyde parksmall hotelboutique hotelbreakfast roomquiet streetsitting roombeansinternet accessby london standardsdeluxe roomlounge areathe ground floorcentral locationexcellent locationnice room
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I am a frequent business traveler and was referred to this hotel by my travel agent. I think it was a one of the best experience I have ever had. The hotel is located centrally on Oxford Street. The rooms were very clean and the staff very courteous. I would like to thank Mr. Rohit Gogia (Manager) for maintaining an exceptional standard. Keep it up!!!.

I highly recommend this hotel for business and pleasure stays.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank StevenKites
Reviewed October 21, 2011

If you want to stay close to Oxford street this is a very convenient hotel. Nice and clean. Also offers free internet on a computer near the lobby. Breakfast is good. Value for money - kind of B&B facilities. Will definitely stay again. For first timers, it is quite easy to miss the hotel as you need to ring the bell for them to open the door.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarita2
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Wow "The Sumner " was a lovely Boutique Hotel which is about 5 mins walk from Oxford Street and a pleasure to stay there !!! We were treated like royalty the moment you stepped through the door, the Manager Mr Rohit was very helpful all smiles could not do enough for you and made you feel very special and were also very intuitive to our needs from the first day of our stay. !!! The attention to detail was fantastic. We stayed one night and wish we had booked for longer I did not want to leave, I felt so relaxed the next day and felt like I had been away for longer than one night. The rooms were very comfortable with great beds and pillows and so tastefully decorated and had everthing you could have wished for, nothing was ever too much trouble, and the food was of great quality with so much choice !!
I think this hotel would cover every type of visitor as you could stay even on your own here, the atmosphere was great. How refreshing to stay somewhere where everything was perfect the hotel has to be congratulated a real little gem - will be back !!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CanadaRachael
Reviewed October 17, 2011

As a result of a lot of research from trip advisor, we decided to stay here.
We were three adults in the room.

Brief comments:
Great location, near the Marble Arch station and multiple buses
Clean rooms
Air conditioned
Quiet location
Pleasant staff
Wifi in the lounge (good reception) and in the rooms (spotty, but I figured out which connection worked best for the room)
Elevators exist but there are steps up to the room (not an issue for us, but may be for some travellers)
Breakfast included (eggs, bacon or sausage, cereal, fruit etc.)

If you are looking for a clean, quiet and friendly place to stay with easy access to transit this is place is a keeper.

Would I stay here again? Yes!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My daughter and I spent two nights at the Sumner Hotel during a recent visit to London. Located near the Marble Arch station, this hotel is ideally located for visiting the historic sights in this wonderful city. The hotel is clean and quiet and the staff exceptionally helpful and courteous. The more than ample breakfast was a nice start to a full day of sightseeing. We will definitely book the Sumner Hotel again on our next visit to London.

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family