“Third and final stay here”
Review of Hotel 55

Hotel 55
Ranked #418 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Staffordshire, UK
“Third and final stay here”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel 55 on two previous occasions and enjoyed the experience. The decor is modern, and the Nespresso machines in the rooms are a nice touch. However, during my two-night stay, I had several issues. Firstly, I could not park in the small car park this time. I'm aware that parking is 'on a first-come, first-served basis', however, I did book the room several months ago. A booking system for parking would be useful. The four parking spaces were taken and the receptionist told me to park around the corner at the station car park - but this was FULL! I ended up parking on the street (fortunately it was after 3pm - note that the street parking has a residents only restriction from 10-11am and 2-3pm). Annoyingly, when I returned to the hotel later that night, two further vehicles had been allowed to block in other cars - thus the car park held six vehicles. I hadn't been offered this option. Secondly, on my return to the hotel at 11.55pm, I walked in past the reception and straight upstairs - absolutely no security present. Therefore, anyone can walk, in at any time, guest or not. Night reception staff ignored me completely. Thirdly, on the last day, I was not offered either a cooked breakfast, or even tea or coffee. Lastly, the room had clearly been vacuumed in a rush as there was a hairband, a bracelet, and plenty of dust on the floor. Needless to say, I'll be booking alternative accommodation on my next stay in West London.

Room Tip: Cozy rooms are extremely small. I have previously staying in a much more comfortable garden room.
3 Thank citybreakconnoisseur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is very nice, bit modern, but cosy... I really liked the staff, especially Mike who just did everything for us, thank u very much !! The hotel is bit outside, but very near to the tube station so its absolutely no problem to get in the center.. just next to the hotel is a nice Dürüm place =) With great staff as well =) - we really liked it, and we love London =) - Cheers

Room Tip: We had 107, was perfect
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

At first i was worried about the location but i actually didnt have too many options arriving to my business trip in the middle of Wimbledon finals.... the surprise was great! A great WOW affect immediately as entering followed with a great smile of the receptionist Michel. Quick check in and a personal tour to my room which was more then lovely, clean and fair enough for. Single stay. Though I was a bit a skeptical for the location, it is actually not that far. 3 minutes walking from the hotel to the tube and 20-30 minutes to the center.
Breakfast was great, just perfect fresh and decisions with plenty of options.
Wifi was excellent .
The only minus was during the night, an arrival of a happy couple in 2:00 having...hmmm... Sex all night. The walls are not that great but at least they reminded me I have a good husband back home waiting for me as well...

I am sure to be back whenever I'm in London , just loved it!

P.s an excellent Italian restaurant la Toscana right near the hotel. Don't miss it!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mentorit
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Complimentary toiltries in shower. Tea and coffee making facillites. Fridge with complimentary drinks. Tv iron andd hairdryer. Staff helpful. Continental breakfast but pricey.
Location ideal for wembley staduim. Taxi approx £15 used and prebooked zonecars who collected us over show. Nearest tube station a 2 min walk only takes 24 mins to get into centre of london. Few shops near by and an italian resturaunt. Hotel has a japanese resturaunt but never used, This hotel is ideal for short stay. Free wifi and computer downstairs, also has a 24 hr bar and reception. There is a car park but only room for about 4 cars.

Room Tip: room 104 small but very quiet
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Lovely hotel, within 10 min walk to Ealing Broadway. The hotel has a beautiful bar area which opens into a peaceful and well keep garden, which is a real bonus in busy London, and the drinks from the bar were reasonably priced. Will definitely be back again. xx

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mo B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the week-end and booked a garden view. I have to say although the room was quite small it was very very clean, the shower was heaven (after miles of walking) with lots of clean soft towels. Slept like a log in the lovely comfortable bed. A really good choice of breakfast. All the staff were very polite and attentive especially the gentleman on the front desk nothing was to much trouble. Good old fashioned service.When in london we will always stay here from now on. Thank-you.

Room Tip: Go for the garden view perfect to wake up to.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jay w
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for only the one night however wish it was longer! Originally booked for a garden view room, and arranged an early check in of 1pm. When we arrived at the hotel at around 1:20pm we were informed that our room wasn't quite ready, the staff quickly rectified this by offering us a complementry drink in the bar, which was nice of them. When the room was ready around 15-20 minutes later, the guy who took us to our room, which I believe was the manager, informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite, which was a pleasent surprise!
The room was amazing! separate bedroom and living area, mini barv and even a small kictchenette! The bathroom was equally as nice with a lovely rain shower.

The hotel isn't in the city centre however it is very easy to travel to and from the hotel by the tube, the nearest station (North Ealing) is about a 2 minute walk away, and the piccadilly line takes you right to the heart of the city. Takes around 30 minutes to Knightsbridge, where you can find Harrods, which my partner loved, at my expense!

Travelling to Wembley couldn't be easier, as there is a bus stop just across the road. However we opted for a taxi, which costs £16 one way and took around 30 minutes due to the traffic, as it was an England International game.

Overall our stay at Hotel 55 was excellent and wouldn't hesitate staying here again when i'm next in london.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple