“Nice hotel, nice location”
Review of Hotel 55

Hotel 55
Ranked #467 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last December with my partner. Lovely hotel and room and amenities. But the room made me feel rather enclosed! It was a lovely but a small room. The bed was very comfy and and the deco was nice! I loved the shampoo etc in the bathroom! Also had a sewing kit, very convenient! A minute walk away from the station, and staff were friendly! Only thing I would say is the price was slightly a bit too much for what you get, but over all, nice hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Meri B

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The room was small but well dressed and comfortable. Only a tiny walk from North Ealing Station so it's easy to get around. Breakfast was a bit naff, but I prefer to go out and eat anyway. If your after a place to sleep this is great value

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarveRn
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A truly beautiful and modern hotel run by genuine and caring staff.
I hired the restaurant and bar area for my 21st party and it was truly the greatest party experience ever. Dedicated attention from the hotel manager and two excellent bar staff meant that the whole night went off without a hitch.
Two of my friends booked a room and it was spotless. An extremely comfortable bed, elegant shower and a very cool coffee machine. One of the nicest hotel rooms I have seen.
One of my best hotel experiences ever.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicholas W
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had the suite out in the garden and the experience was great. Secluded from the main hotel, it has a separate living room and kitchenette. The staff are helpful and remember personal wishes from previous visits.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Although I stayed only one night I didn't have to ask for anything. The main characteristics of this hotel are the attention to details and staff's genuine care. They took their time to answer my questions in a unhurried manner. I found that was easier to ask at the front desk the easiest way to the local business area or places of interest, my maps were useless. Check with Reception the tube status. The underground could be challenging if not planned ahead.
The breakfast was good and the coffee divine served in a French press cafetiera.
The lounge is very modern and there is a Mac pc for people to use. Nothing was a trouble. Ask for a Garden view room. Mine was 106.

Room Tip: Garden side
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stoped at this hotel after a three day "tour de force" visit of Oxford and London celebrating our 10th wedding anniversay. We arrived quite early and te room was not yet ready, so we left our luggage with a very chatty and friendly receptionist. When we came back we were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne and a card from the manager congratulating us for the special occassion! The hotel was very well located to the city centre, the rooms were clean, cosy and quiet and the breakfast was excellent - a perfect way to start our ten hours shopping day. We were really impressed by the staff friendliness and helpfuness - they really go out of their way to please. I would definetely stay again!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Easy parking nearby at North Ealing NCP car park (and very cheap to Park).

I took my wife here for her birthday as we wanted to pop in and out of London over a couple of days. Despite it being near Xmas the trip into London was very easy (straight onto the Piccadily Line).

Had a Garden room which was very quiet even though we were on the South Circular. Hotel was brilliant and Staff could not have been more helpful.

As an extra bonus the Japanese MoMo resturant on-site was a real find. Added together this Hotel was a real gem and we will definitely use this Hotel again.