“Excellent”

Ranked #418 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed in this hotel over the weekend and all I can say is, ignore all the negative reviews, its a perfect hotel. I stayed on my own, chose a garden view room and I couldnt have been happier. The room was clean, comfy, private and the service was very professional. The breakfast is as healthy as it gets, really fresh choice of fruit, bread and mini pastries. Sat out in the garden reading the newspaper and felt totally relaxed while I was there. The toiletries were an added bonus, the sewing kit is amazing. Was seriously tempted to stay another night but I'll save that for another time, and I'll definitely go back there again next time I'm in London. Bring a book for the tube journey and you'll be sorted. Delighted to have found this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a Garden View room, that'll keep you away from the front rooms which could possibly be no...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The hotel is situated on the very busy Hanger lane, keep your eyes peeled if you miss it your in for a detour. It is only a short walk from the underground(East Ealing) I think.
The hotel looks like a converted victorian mansion. The hotel is very modern and stylish. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable and although I was on the ground floor facing Hanger Lane the soundproofing was excellent. The room was equiped with very good wet room and power shower and although no kettle, a coffee making machine.
There is a Japanese restaurant attached to the hotel and again I wasn,t disturbed by clients.
The staff were friendly and efficient>

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Shifnal, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights whilst down in London for a weekend break. Unfortunately due to prior commitments we were not able to arrive at the hotel until around 1am. Having known this in advance I emailed the hotel who were prompt to respond, asking if parking could be reserved and would reception still be open. I was notified that unfortunately due to the limited parking (there are only 4 spaces) that if one was not available upon arrival I would have to use a pay car park around the corner, but that checking in at around 1am was not an issue.

Upon arrival (bang on 1am) I was pleased to see that there was a parking space available, which I proceeded to leave my car in all weekend until we left, though we did find out shortly after that the pay and display car park is literally a 2 minute walk around the corner, at North Ealing Tube station, and is also very reasonable priced - around £3.50 for 24 hours if I remember rightly. Sure enough the reception was also open ready for us to check in. My only complaint at this point is that with it being a boutique hotel in what is essentially a converted house, there are rooms right next to reception. I wasn't aware of this and was told quite abrubtly to keep my voice down - I feel signage on the front door may have been useful, or simply a more polite request to keep the noise down.

I have to say the room was very tastefully decorated. Space wasn't exactly in abundance, especially with me being 6ft4, but that said it is a boutique hotel, and it wasn't particularly cramped either. The room was exceptionally clean and the temperature control was very good to ensure a good nights sleep. I do not like hotel beds, but I must say the bed here was very comfortable indeed and I had no issue sleeping. Our room was situated on the back of the hotel - with the front being on a main road I assume there would be some traffic noise, but it was perfectly quiet being at the back for a good nights sleep.

The bathroom was again small, but very nicely fitted out and very clean. Most importantly the shower was powerful and didn't fluctuate in temperature at all which was pleasing. There was even a nice coffee machine in the room with complimentary shots/pouches to use and these were replaced the following day if used.

We didn't use the restaurant or have breakfast as the hotel was simply somewhere to sleep for us, so I can't comment on those aspects. The hotel itself is in a superb location right round the corner from North Ealing tube station which is only a few stops away from the main stations in London on the Piccadilly line - within half an hour maximum we were at Knightsbridge.

I would definitely use this hotel again for a weekend break. It is easy to get to in the car, convenient for parking even if you have to pay and display around the corner, and is reasonably priced in comparison to the competition.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden, as the front of the hotel overlooks a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tappers85
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Upon arrival we realised there are only 4 parking spaces!!! In the hotel information it says there is no need for reservation!
We had to drive round the back of the houses near that area and park outside somebody's house! We do not think that is acceptable! If you are driving up to London this hotel would be no good whatsoever! It disappointed us from the beginning and made our stay less enjoyable. On the plus side the receptionist - a dark haired male was very very helpful and did his best to help us when requiring a taxi to take us to wembley. Overall the stay was "okay" but don't really think that is good enough for a stay in London. This was our first time in London and we was hoping to be impressed! I dont think the prices reflect the hotel i think the prices are too high for the location, the room size and decor and the overall stay there. We wouldn't recommend staying there if u are a driver as more often than not you would not get a parking space. We will not stay there again -if we go to London we will look at our hotel stay more carefully.

• Stayed June 2012
Loughborough
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I had a pleasant stay in this hotel whilst travel on business. The room was comfortable,well equipped and reasonably priced. Small touches like free bottled water and free wifi make the difference. The garden to the rear is very nice for relaxing with a drink. The only downside was having a road side room and being in the room next reception. This was a bit noisy however not enough to bother me too much. If you can, pay the little extra and get a garden side room.

Room Tip: Garden side rooms, road side could be a little noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I came across Hotel 55 here in TripAdvisor and chose it due to a reasonable price and good reviews. The place did not disappoint.

Staff was extremely friendly in the reception as well as the Japanese restaurant that operates in the establishment. A late check-out for the two rooms we had was not an issue, we got plenty of wifi vouchers and our three 20 kg (44 lbs) luggages were carried to the second floor no problem.

The location was brilliant as the closest tube stop North Ealing, a station of the significant Piccadilly Line, was 100 m (500 ft) away. The Central Line was well within a walking distance as were many parks and central Ealing.

We had two garden view rooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. They were both very clean with a fantastic espresso maker, quality flatscreen (although modest in size) and an empty minibar to keep drinks in. They had well functioning air-conditioning which during a heat-spell of +26 degrees was fantastic. The other room was very small though so I suggest asking for a spacious room, whereas the other room had a view of a brick wall which didn't bother as this ensured quiet nights (the street traffic was quite heavy).

The Japanese restaurant operating in the hotel premises Momo was fantastic and had the friendliest staff I encountered during my year in England. I highly recommend having a meal there.

Overall, staying at Hotel 55 was a very pleasant experience and I would not hesitate booking a room there the next time I go to London.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the room as some are so small you would not be able to open a large suitcase w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel was absolutely fine, The room was clean and had all the facilities you would expect from a modern hotel. Free WiFi, tea/coffee machine, fridge and Air Conditioning (came in very useful as the three days we stopped here it was very warm in London). The check in was fine and was offered help with our bag as this hotel has no lifts. Breakfast was the only real let down to speak of as we found mouldy bread for toast and continental isn't really ideal...but each to thier own. We also found some of the staff a little miserable..cheer up guys! Great location in Ealing..the area was safe and the hotel is literally minutes from the Picadilly Line. There is a small block of shops nearby with a nice pub serving meals if you do not fancy the 30 minute tube ride into cenral London.

Room Tip: have a rear room, its on a busy road and it can be noisy at the front.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple