“Fantastic Hotel in Great Location!”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #171 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Carolina
“Fantastic Hotel in Great Location!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is just a few steps from the boardwalk along the Thames River with a grand view of the Tower Bridge. This setting at dusk with the bridge lit makes a beautiful setting for your photos. The Big Bus hop-on bus and the London Bridge tube is only 5 minutes walk from the hotel. We chose to pay the extra for an upgrade to an executive room, which included the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and light meal with drinks at night. These services were outstanding and the food was delicious. The community around this hotel was upbeat and modern, making for a safe environment during the day or night. Service was impeccable from all employees we encountered. For those interested in a shuttle, I did find that the Hotel by Bus does service this hotel. We used their services to and from the airport and felt that we received personal service at a reasonable price. Our room was extremely comfortable and we had a good nights sleep during our 4 night stay here. We would highly recommend this hotel for sightseeing London, as it is a convenient location.

1 Thank Bluebird-Travelers
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Bluebird-Travelers,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! It is wonderful you have enjoyed so much of what our convenient location offers. I am also thrilled to read that you found your upgrade to the Executive Room worthwhile, and that you appreciated the Executive Lounge offering.

It is a delight to know that you would recommend us to others, and I hope that we will still have the opportunity to welcome you here again!

PA to General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Unlike some others, I loved this property and found all the staff to be professional, courteous and friendly - a very special thank you to Meron in the executive lounge.
The location is perfect for exploring London. The hotel is pretty much along the river and within walking distance to many of the iconic attractions - the Tower of London, the Shard, the Globe Theatre, the Tate gallery and the London Eye, and if you get tired you can take either the boat down the river back to the London Bridge stop which is 5 mins from the hotel, or the underground which is also 5 mins from the hotel. The hotel is also surrounded by a wide variety of pubs and restaurants.
As diamond guests we were upgraded to a very nice room, and found the service and snacks in the executive lounge to be among the best in any Hilton anywhere.
The stay was not cheap, but this is London, and we enjoyed it so much we were okay with the price. Have stayed at other Hiltons in London as well as around the UK; this is the only one to which I hope to be able to return.,

1 Thank novascotiakate
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear novascotiakate,

It is a delight to read of your experience during your stay with us. We highly appreciate your comments, especially considering your knowledge of Hilton hotels, being a valued Diamond Hilton Honors guest! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

I am so elated to know you found our service to be friendly, professional and courteous, and our rooms and Executive lounge to be to your liking. I am glad you have also taken note of the convenient location of our hotel. It is a joy to know that Meron had been able to assist you on your visit with us, and I have passed on to her your appreciation.

We would be truly happy to have the chance to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for several nights while staying in the London area visiting sites and family. The room was very clean, modern, and with a great view of the city. The staff were highly professional and always willing to help. The restaurant was great for breakfast with lots of variety. The executive lounge was top notch with a good supply of wine, beer, and appetisers. And the location was perfect for walks along the south side of the river toward the centre of London. The hotel greatly added to our enjoyment of London and we do not hesitate in giving it the highest recommendation.

1 Thank brian790
Dear brian790,

First of all, a big thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at the Hilton London Tower Bridge. It is lovely to read that we were able to add to your enjoyment of the visit in London, it is truly a valued compliment! I am happy that you appreciated the rooms, the service and the offering of both the Executive Lounge and the Restaurant. I am glad you also enjoyed the location; it is indeed especially convenient for leisurely walks and sightseeing.

We are thrilled that you would recommend us to ohers, and hope you will visit us again in the near future!
Regards,

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

First of all, the actual hotel is good. Location, rooms etc. are all okay (if not expensive), My issue is the bar. They charge you 10% of the cost of your drinks for serving you! This, as I was impolitely told is not a gratuity which is optional, its a compulsory service charge that cannot be removed from the bill. I was charged this for standing at the bar and receiving my drinks. I spend over 100 nights every year in hotels and this is the first time ever I have had to pay for the privilege of giving a hotel a lot of money. The drinks are extortionate in price to begin with so the 10% is an insult. I'm glad I didn't dine there! It is safe to say that I will never stay at a Hilton anywhere again. In the last year I spent many nights with this chain....never again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phill T
Dear Phill,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with deep concern that I read your comments regarding your bar experiences with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge. Firstly, let me apologise for not fully meeting your expectations and for any misunderstanding regarding the pricing.

Please let me assure you that the service charge is a discretionary charge that goes to our team members and can be removed from the bill, if requested, and that it is stated as such in our menus. I apologise if this was not made 100% clear to you by the team member or if there has been any misunderstanding in the communication of this information. I have raised your concern with our Food and Beverage Manager, and he has personally conducted retraining for the bar team and supervisors to ensure there are no future misunderstandings.

On a different note, I am however happy to know that apart from this particular experience you did appreciate the rest of the hotel’s offering and the location.

Once again my deepest apologies, and I trust you will not judge us solely on this particular experience and will reconsider, giving us a chance to redeem ourselves.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2014

HHonors member on family vacation. Excellent hotel with very attentive service from the front desk to housekeeping to the executive lounge attendant. Probably the highest-rated Hilton in town. Very clean rooms. Their on-site restaurant serves good food though the service is a bit relaxed. The hotel is maybe a 10-minute walk to the Tower of London. While there are a variety of restaurants and take-out places nearby, the hotel is somewhat distant from everything else. You're looking at a 10-15 minute cab ride to get to Westminster Abbey etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AVGTXN
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Texan5649,

First of all, a big thank you taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us! It was a true pleasure to read your kind words! I am happy to know that you appreciated the service provided from all our staff members across departments, and I will definitely pass on your comments to the team.

I hope you will consider returning to us in the future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We booked this hotel for just one night in order to visit the Shard, Very easy to get to from euston on the tube and the Shard was a few minutes walk away. The hotel room was very nice and comfortable and of a high standard. It was nice that we we could see the Shard from our window, We didnt eat in the hotel as there were lots of bars and cafes in the area. The reception staff were very polite and friendly.

Dear suepc_11,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us! I am glad that you found the travel to our hotel quite easy due to our convenient location, and that you found our rooms to be comfortable and our staff friendly. I am happy to know that you also enjoyed the view of the Shard from the room.

We hope to welcome you back again!

Regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here just for one night and couldn't fault a single detail. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, positively looking for ways to make our stay more agreeable. We had two connecting rooms for the whole family and they were both perfect. Lovely robes and slippers, great bedding and linens and good sized rooms and bathrooms for a central London location. As we were there for a celebration we found lovely chocolates and champagne in the room…a nice attention to detail. A lovely oasis of good quality service and rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Susan,

I would like to thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay with us! It was a joy to read that you enjoyed your visit so much, and especially pointed out the friendliness of our staff – we truly strive to provide the highest comfort and feeling of home to our guests! I am happy that you appreciated the room amenities and that the little surprise for your special occasion added a little something to your day. I hope that your celebration was a success!

Thank you once again for the wonderful comments, and I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back in the near future - and maybe this time for a longer stay!