“Afternoon Tea” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We arrived at the Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel after a short walk from the Shard for our afternoon tea - a birthday present. We were shown to a table, but could not choose which table we wanted to sit at although the restaurant was more or less empty. The service initially was not great, but the afternoon tea when it arrived was superb. We did have to ask for some more sandwiches as the initial platter contain three quarters for each person, ie not even a whole sandwich. The choice of tea was a little limited, but the tea we chose was good. Again, the extra portion of sandwiches were excellent and could not be faulted, as were all the cakes. The restaurant manager, Maykol Falzone was very helpful and did listen to our comments. The food, in terms of quality was comparable with the Ritz, Harrods and Chewton Glen.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as one of our Guests.

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit. I will share your feedback with the Food and Beverage team and I am sure that Maykol will be delighted to read your words.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Hilton London Tower Bridge.

Carla Bento I Hilton London Tower Bridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very close to London Bridge tube - 5 mins walk, welcoming front desk staff and concierge. Rooms lovely, quiet, really comfy bed! Only thing that stops it getting a 5 out of 5 was the length of time it took to (a) get served in the bar, and (b) actually get our drinks (even after chasing) . Shame - if they can improve on this it would definitely be 5 out of 5, that said it is not going to stop us returning because for location (tube and right by the river) it is spot on.

1 Thank Michelle H
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding our bar service,

Please let me assure you that I have personally investigated these matters and from immediate effect I have implemented re training to address the service issues you faced,

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you make your next booking with us,

Kind regards,

Horley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Paid for a seafood platter and presecco voucher scheme threw Amazon local. This was a treat for my mum's birthday, so assumed as it was a Hilton we should get a good meal. Bread was served first with olive oil which was tasteless and seeds with some hard butter which ripped through the bread. Then the big glass dish arrived full of ice with the seafood. This included large king prawns, mussells, smoked salmon and a very samll dish which I think were shrimp, but could not be sure. I have never seen such small mussels in my life and I have eaten them all over the world! The main problem was that it tasted as if the whole seafood platter had come straight out the freezer, as it was so cold of of course served like that, totally tasteless! The positives was that the service was good. the presecco was fantastic and chilled and quite nice surroundings. They did give us a free coffee each to try and make up for the bad food. Would I purchase this "deal" again. No way!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank travellingJulie13
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your dining experience with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation.

Please also let me thank you for the kind words you have given regarding the service and the wine.

Let me assure you that I have personally investigated these matters with the Head Chef and he will review and investigate with his team as to why the seafood was considered tasteless and the bread was hard. We have five varieties of continental breads we bake in-house available and these are served with oil and toasted seeds. The seafood is delivered fresh daily and we do not freeze it so we will also review the quality with suppliers.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience especially as this is by far the most popular dishes served in our restaurant and we normally receive very positive feedback.

Kind regards,

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

When I checked out the receptionist asked, "I hope your stay was good?" and I said, "Well, it wasn't great to be honest," to which she replied, "Fantastic, here is your invoice." As I'd already failed to find a feedback form, I'm afraid they get a review instead.

I booked for business. I have minimum requirements that weren't met in the cost of my room:

(1) Painful sleep - I woke up every few hours with backache, and one when I got up. It's a long time since I've had backache, but then its a long time since I slept on a mattress that encouraged one.
(2) No free wifi - it's a long time since I stayed in a hotel without free wifi; even the cofffee shops have free wifi. As a business hotel, charging £15 a day for wifi what I expect from a good hotel
(3) Alarm clock set to wrong time - ok, so it was only 10 minutes out, and my iphone was fine, but this is a business hotel - get radio controlled clocks or check they are set correctly.

I won't choose to stay in a Hilton again (even though this is closes to a regular work destination) because it just wasn't ok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your comments following your recent stay at The Hilton London Tower Bridge. It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests I am only sorry for your disappointment.

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times. We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests and I was sorry to learn of your concerns. I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards and I would like to offer my honest and sincere apologies about the issues you have raised.

I have shared your feedback with Head Housekeeper that will monitor the clocks in the rooms thoroughly in order to avoid these incidents to reoccur.

With regards to your comment about Internet, unfortunately at the moment all Hilton Hotels based in Europe are still charging this service in the bedrooms, however we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi access as well as free to use computer station in our lobby for all residents.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you make you next booking with us.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice hotel. Close to London / Tower bridges and water taxi, which is very easy to get around without the traffic (e.g. to the Eye, Big Ben, etc). Really good restaurants, all within walking distance. Only minus is there is no attached garage so you have to walk about 8 minutes to the parking garage. There is a small driveway to drop off your stuff and then go park. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit and that our close proximity to restaurants and sightseeing enhanced your stay.

Carla Bento I Hilton London Tower Bridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

hotel is next to the bus , tube and rail stations , it is close to the tower bridge and London bridge, few minutes walk you will reach the Thames river , there are so many place you can just sit and relax , staff in the hotel was extremely helpful and attentive,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Charles M
Anna140579, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times. I am delighted to know that we met all your expectations during your visit with us and I would like to thank you for such a warm comments about our employees.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future, when I will be pleased to enhance your stay further.

ENGLAND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The lady at the front desk at the restaurant was so rude ..she did not even make eye contact with us she was more interested with other customers leaving a tip..as for the tea ..well what can i say ? they came to our table once the whole time we were there ..dont waste your money , pay a bit extra and go to the Ritz..could'nt fault them but this hotel will not be getting my money ever again..

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BABYLONS
Anna140579, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your Afternoon tea experience with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation.

James Ross