A very posh hotel in the business area - this Hilton is both an excellent base for business and leisure. 2 mins walk to the London Bridge tube station gives one access to many other parts of London; 5 mins walk in the same direction of London Bridge will set one at the Southwark Cathedral - good place to visit. 15 mins walk across Tower Bridge to enjoy the Tower of London attraction with a drop by to enjoy the Tower Bridge exhibition. Location-wise, this Hilton is perfect for exploring especially the east side of London itself. The hotel is also some 1 min walk from Mark and Spencer, and another supermarket (Tesco I think).
Check-in was a breeze as with all Hiltons - especially if one is a HH member. On this occasion there was only 1 person in front of me (checking in also) and so wasn't too fussed about waiting. Upon showing my HH Diamond, we were upgraded to an Executive Room on the 11th floor which was great. However as informed by reception, none of their rooms faced Thames river and so our room's view was facing the London Bridge station instead. Carolina checked us in swiftly and was very friendly and conversational - also gave us insights about where to visit, dine, etc. She made us feel "at home".
Minutes later upon arriving at our room, we had a knock on our door, and a staff member delivered a petite-four box of truffles - which we felt was a pleasant surprise!
Although we didn't have a view of the Thames or the London/Tower bridges as desired, we still had a relative good view from the 11th floor, overlooking London Bridge station and beyond. We could open a window to let fresh air in - which was nice. The window had a limited opening, which was a safety feature. Room was well sized, beds comfy as per usual Hilton standard, housekeeping was quick to respond (as in within a 10-min window) when asked for additional toiletries. Though there was one occasion during our stay where housekeeping forgot to top up the complimentary tea/coffee.
Re the bar fridge, the items within are automated sensor-itemised, meaning that it one lifts up an item, the price of that item will be automatically added to your room charges. We thought thi was efficient - but that meant that we couldn't store our own incidentals in the bar fridge.
Breakfast in the restaurant on the ground floor was wonderful - can't fault the staff as they were pleasant, friendly, smiling and conversational too. Of notably mention is Cristina who served with friendliness and took time to check with us if everything was ok. On our last day for breakfast, we ordered eggs benedict and it was poorly made. Eggs were overcooked (i.e. hardened egg yolk overcooked and dry) and the sauce was burnt (see photos attached). Cristina then explained that the hotel unfortunately had a gas issue and the kitchen was cooking without gas (assumingly electricity). Breakfast-spread wise - it was ok, though still couldn't beat the Hilton Tokyo's breakfast spread and variety.
The exec lounge was well designed, good seats and well sized, manned by a staff member during buffet service. During buffet service for afternoon tea and evening canapes, empty plates and cups were cleared quickly indicating a high level of efficiency. Afternoon tea and dinner canapes were different every day - which was a pleasure! The lounge was open till 10 pm at night and when not manned by a staff member, one could still relax in there and have (non-alcoholic) drinks. The staff members manning the exec lounge were friendly and accommodating. One even helped print our boarding passes because the macs in the lounge were not sending our docs to print (IT issue there). Another staff member remembered and addressed me by name - which I felt was truly professional and personalised!
As Hilton Diamond, we were granted extended checkout till 5 pm which we appreciated - no words to express our gratitude - as our departing flight was 10 pm at night. We could relax in the exec lounge until our airport pickup arrived - which we appreciated (so much) of this Hilton!
Service and staff attitude-wise - top-notch; exec room - well-sized; location - prime; definitely a hotel to stay at again when in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of one of the capital's most renowned historical landmarks, Hilton London Tower Bridge is on the doorstep of the city's financial and shopping districts. We're located in a prime sightseeing location, near to many of London's top tourist attractions. This, combined with fantastic dining, stylish rooms and first-class business and leisure facilities, means we have everything you need for an unforgettable stay in London. A choice of elegant rooms and suites await your arrival at Hilton London Tower Bridge. Select a spacious Suite with a separate living room and upgraded amenities. Upgrade to an Executive room to benefit from free breakfast each morning, refreshments through the day, and spectacular London views from the terrace. We offer a fantastic sightseeing location, within walking distance of the Shard, Shakespeare's Globe, trendy Borough Market, Tate Modern, HMS Belfast and the Tower of London. London Bridge Station is a 3-minute walk away, giving easy access via the Northern and Jubilee Lines to London attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster, the West End, Canary Wharf and the O2. Sip cocktails with family and friends in the lively atmosphere of the stylish TwoRuba Bar. Book a table for afternoon tea or simply relax with a newspaper and a fresh coffee. Feeling peckish? Sample mouth-watering snacks from the lunch and dinner menus. Drawing inspiration from the Italian way of life, Jamie's Italian is all about relaxing, sharing great food and enjoying each other's company. With its laid-back atmosphere, Jamie's Italian is the perfect spot to unwind with family and friends, while tucking into fresh pasta, beautiful antipasti, and delicious desserts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Hilton London Hotel Bridge
- London Hilton
- Hilton Tower Bridge
- Hilton London Tower Bridge England