“Very cool hotel in a fantastic location”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #162 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for two nights last weekend for his 30th birthday. I mentioned this when I booked and when we got to our room there was a plate of cakes with 'Happy Birthday' written in icing! Very sweet. After being greeted by a super friendly receptionist we were given a room on the 6th floor which was spacious and cool. Very smart and modern with a great shower and air con (vital as it was 30 degrees plus during our stay).

The area around the hotel is very nice. The tube is about a 3 min walk away with lots of nice bars, pubs and restaurants around. If you walk up the side of the hotel towards London Bridge you come out onto a lovely plaza with a few restaurants with a great view over the river of HMS Belfast, The Tower of London and Tower Bridge.

We had a few drinks in the bar and whilst not cheap (£10!) I can recommend the frozen cocktails! Surprisingly potent!

I'm sure we will be returning as this is a fantastic place. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I am glad that we were able to make the 30th birthday celebrations more memorable. It was nice to hear that you loved the hotel location, the physical product as well as the service provided by my team.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are currently staying at this hotel and love everything about it. I researched a lot of Hilton properties prior to choosing this one, based on both reviews and price. Although it is not cheap, nothing in central London is, especially in high season.

Upon arrival, we were informed that we had been upgraded to an executive room on the 11th floor b/c of our Diamond status...a nice touch and particularly welcome at this busy property. The room is quite spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. Our window is floor to ceiling and makes the room seem bigger than it is. Staff have been uniformly pleasant and helpful.

What makes this hotel special is its location and the great Executive lounge. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the London Bridge tube stop and is located near to the Tower Bridge, London City Hall a lovely riverside walkway. Across the road is a Marks and Spencer "Simply Food" and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs within the immediate area.

The lounge is fantastic! Located on the 9th floor, there is a terrace with 6 tables and you can enjoy a drink overlooking the Shard, which is also minutes from the hotel. Food is not only never ending in the lounge (breakfast, lovely afternoon tea and light evening 'snacks') but it is delicious.

I love this hotel and even though it is pricey, if you get an executive room, there are plenty of extras that make it worthwhile. I think Hilton has found their stride with this property in the centre of London. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Splurge on an executive room and ask for one with a view of the Shard, if available
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate the time taken to post comments about your stay in our hotel.

It was fantastic to read how much you are enjoying yourselves, our location as well as our newly refurbished Executive lounge.

We hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay with us and that we get to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed on Saturday 13th July as we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. I really couldn't find anything to criticise during my stay. We stayed in an executive room on the 12th floor. On reservation I had mentioned that it was our anniversary and I asked for a room with a good view if at all possible. The room we were given had an excellent view - the shard and St Paul's being the highlights. The room was good the bed was very comfy and the air conditioning was good - properly adjustable and very quiet. The temperature throughout the hotel was just right which was a welcome relief from the very hot weather outside. The food provided in the executive lounge was lovely and the city terrace was a great spot for enjoying an alfresco breakfast and taking in the view. The location of the hotel is excellent there is so much to see and do close by and it was easy to walk there from London Bridge station. I think the thing that really made it a memorable stay was the service which was consistently friendly and helpful. We left feeling really relaxed and I would definitely like to stay there again.

Room Tip: Floors 9 - 12 have the better views. Room 1208 had a fabulous view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

It is always great to read a review entitled Fantastic Stay.

I am glad that we were able to make your 10th wedding anniversary more memorable.
It was also great to see your positive feedback about our executive rooms and lounge.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton tower bridge for one night with my girlfriend. It was a great experience it's very close to the obvious London bridge bit also in the area are great pubs and awesome restaurants and a very Victorian atmosphere it's also close to the borough market which was awesome. The hotels has great rooms close to the underground and has a good Japanese restaurant and a good bar in it. The breakfast I also good all in all a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for the great review.

I was happy to see that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay.

It was really nice to hear that you loved our food from breakfast to sushi and got the opportunity to experience Borough market. Our hotel is the perfect spot for a foodie experience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Have often considered stopping at this hotel but the picture of the outside of the building is awful. However took a chance because of a business meeting and was surprised how lovely, modern and upscale the building looked. Would have used this hotel much more often if I had known. Right next to river in a lovely square with bar, M&S, cafes. 2 min walk to underground which connects to west end in 10 mins. 1 min walk to river where you can see all the sights Credit to Hilton, far superior to the Hilton Metropole in London

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am so glad that you decided to try out our hotel. We are indeed a modern and contemporary hotel with a bit of an edgy yet professional and comfortable interior.

Our location is perfect for sight seeing, corporate as well as tourist visit. We are perfectly located for a foodie experience, shopping or taking in a theatre show.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Don't get me wrong, on balance, I enjoyed the experience of staying at the Hilton London Tower Bridge. I usually stay on the other side of the river and this hotel is in a much less touristy and much more interesting part of London, in my opinion. The hotel is new, well furnished and designed and has good food both in the restaurant and for room service. Internet speeds are as fast or faster than other hotels in the area at around 5 Mbps. The only thing that bothered me about this place was the all too obvious, indeed incessant effort being made to maximise margins.

We all know that hotels save money and make you think they are trying to save the environment when they try to get you to 'volunteer' to forego laundering of towels and sheets. Fine. This hotel is no exception. But then there is the trick where the electricity automatically goes off when you leave the room unless you 'opt in' with a key or switch. There was the fact that the air conditioning in the room was turned off when I arrived on a sweltering London summer day. And the fast internet was certainly not free! To top it all off, my meal arrived with a special 'tray charge'. "What is a tray charge?" I asked. "It's standard" is all I was told. In all of my travels, this was the first time a 'tray charge' had graced my meal bill. Perhaps it won't be the last.

I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium experience, but for heaven's sake, just charge me up front and then forego the nickling and diming. I'll be much happier!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelling_30s
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had never spent any time south of the Thames but loved the location for this sleek and sophisticated hotel -- right on the river and only a few steps away from a great market (the Boroughs) plus interesting walks, lots of great pubs and many sights. The hotel is very stylish, perfect for a business stay but also quite suitable for sight seeing as it is an easy walk across one of many bridges to London town. It is not inexpensive but there are many spots near by for wine or grocery items -- a big help if you are budget conscious and don't mind eating breakfast in your room. I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Great views from up high!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

It was so nice to read your review and hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It is always rewarding when we read that guests intend to return to our lovely hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us.