New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just returned back from 5 nights
Had a great time
Hotel very clean Rooms cleaned everyday
Was booked into a non smoking room when a smoking room was requested Changed without a problem & got a free breakfast for the inconvenience
Very near to London Bridge tube station Be careful not to go to Tower Hill as we did as it was about 15 mins or so walk not good when you have luggage

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I am so glad that you loved the hotel, our location and services.

Sven M. Goosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

In a nutshell this hotel was wonderful. It was glamorous and luxurious with all the finishing touches. One of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in and I am SUPER fussy. Nice extras like comfy Hilton dressing gowns and an applemac widescreen computer connected to the internet in the bedroom. We used this to access our youtube playlist which was nice to unwind and relax at the end of the day. Also great to be able to sit down at the desk and work on emails etc without having to sit with a little laptop in some awkward position on the bed. Really nice leather back chair with the desk also. Everything was top notch and really shaped a lovely stay. The breakfast was also incredible. We only ordered one and it was more than enough for both of us- to eat it all alone is a challenge indeed! There was everything from fresh fruit to pastries, hams and cheese and cereal, toast, coffee, fruit juice. Furthermore, you are able to request to have this delivered quite early to the room which is great. We had a busy day ahead and needed to leave the hotel at 08:00 so to be ready and have had breakfast already by this point was very helpful. It was also really nice to have a tub bath in the hotel to relax and unwind. However,if you don't like baths, then there was also a power shower so you are spoilt for choice really. Great location near the tube stop and easy to get to the conference venue as well as out for sightseeing etc. We did a bit of both. Would definitely visit again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren_G_MC
I was really glad to hear that you found our hotel to be so wonderful and that our beds were so comfy.

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room was perfect, the person that checked me in was extremely accommodating and helpful, housekeeping was there within minutes after being called, and the Executive Lounge was a dream and stocked with quality food and beverages. It made a great trip even greater. If there was only one suggestion I could make, it would be that the people that host in the Executive Lounge smile and look like they enjoy their jobs and appreciate working with the public like the restof the staff. There were a couple that were friendly enough but one that seemed rather put out the two times she was there. Aside from that, This hotel does not disappoint!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenninva1967
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
It was really great to read your positive feedback. I am happy that you found my team to be extremely accommodating and helpful.

My kitchen brigade will also be pleased that you loved the high quality food and beverage offering we provide in the executive lounge. I noted your comment about the Executive Lounge staff and I have had a word with them about smiling, the team up there usually receive great feedback about how friendly and professional they are so I hope that you will not judge them purely on this one occasion.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip in one of their executive rooms. The room was very modern and comfortable. The bathroom was also grand - it is a pity that due to a lot of time pressure I never got to soak up in the bathtub but oh well, next time :-)

The front desk and the concierge were very friendly and helpful.

What was not that great was the service staff at breakfast. They were not exactly friendly and warm. What annoyed me the most was that the lady only asked for my room number and not the room number of my colleague on both days, assuming that we were a couple staying in the same room. Wow - imagine the free breakfasts someone not staying at the hotel could get with this practice .... ;-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We value your comments and were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are traveling to London on business and are staying over a weekend then this hotel is a great choice because this area stays alive during the weekend. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance and it is only a 15 minute walk across the scenic London Bridge to the Fenchurh Street business area. Walking across the bridge in the morning rush agmonst the frenzy of people all bee-lining to work is an experience in itself! :)

The famous Shard building,the new tallest building in Western Europe, is within close promixity to the Hilton London Bridge as well. I could actually see the Shard from my hotel room! The Borough Market is also located very close to the hotel. This market is a great outdoor eatery with a number of vendors offering a wide variety of food stuffs and other items like hand-made soaps etc. This market is a great place to just hang out - it is open on Thurs, Fri and Sat.

Re the hotel - this is a very modern property. In the lobby there are quite a number of modern low couches, cushiony stools and tables which are great for hotel guests to utilize when they want to access the hotel's wifi service which is free in lobby area.

I had a King bed room which was spacious and modernly decorated. For Pds224 per night, a buffet breakfast was included in this room rate. I think that the selection of foods offered in the buffet was fairly extesnion with yogurt, fruit, juices, smoothies, museli, muffins and pastries, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, sauages, mushrooms and cereal provided.

Nice little treats: On the day of my arrival I was welcomed with a bowl of assorted fruit, 2 bottles of water and a bottle of wine. Then everyday the 2 bottels of water were replenished and on the last night I found a little box of chocolate covered nuts in my room. :)

Another benefit about the Hilton Londn Bridge hotel is that you can take a 30 minute train ride from the Gatwick airport to London Bridge for Pds10 and the hotel is within a 5 minute walk from this train station. You can also take a train from London Brigde back to the Gatwick airport.
Train Suggestions - try and purchase a return ticket when you get your train ticket to London Bridge. And on the day that you are leaving or the night before, have the hotel's concierge print off the train schedule for around the time that you expect to be traveling to the airport so that you can gauge what time to arrive at the train station.

My only Complaint about this hotel is that it does NOT offer free wifi in the rooms.This was some what surprising to me because I have had wifi service provided on a complimentary with the majority of my hotel stays around the world in the last year. I beleive that nowadays all hotels should offer free wifi in their rooms instead of encouraging their guests to linger around in their lobby areas.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the Shard London Building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa B
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our hotel to be centrally located with modern facilities.

It was also nice to hear that you found our guest bedrooms to be spacious and modernly decorated.

We offer free wifi to all guests in public areas as well as free wifi in the executive lounge and in bedrooms for Diamond and Gold HHonors members.

Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very disappointing from first glance and even more disappointed when we went inside. My partner and I had finally managed to book a day off together and we decided to visit the Shard and enjoy afternoon tea at Hilton London Tower Bridge. The Shard was amazing so good start to the day but it all went down hill when we got to the Hilton. Upon arrival we presented our voucher which entitled us to afternoon tea. We were told as we were not on 'their' list we could not come in even though it was written in black and white on our voucher. We were offered no apology but as a good will gesture we could have a complimentary cup of tea and was told to rebook for another day! My partner made a couple of calls to the company who made our booking and was told it would be sorted. Eventually we were told we could have afternoon tea but this was tainted by the reception we had been given upon arrival. The setting was very uninspiring, I have eaten in better Pizza Huts! The food wasn't enough for a five year old and I had to ask on more than one occasion for more tea, it was a total rip off for £25.00 a head. Needless to say we will not be visiting here again nor will I be recommending it to any of my colleagues. Total disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jane H
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night with bed and breakfast, got a great discount off Trivago. I arrived at the Hotel at 10am although check in was at 3pm,how glad was l that a room was ready. Asked for a low floor as l don't do lifts. The room was on the third floor, reception telephoned the room to make sure everything was ok and that l was happy with the room. The hotel itself is within a stones throw of Tower Bridge, Hayes Galleria. Bus stop outside that takes you to Cutty Sark, 02, Oxford Street, basically anywhere in London. Used the restaurant in the hotel in the evening and had the Steak which was superb and very reasonably priced, could not fault it. Breakfast was buffet style with everything you needed. All the staff were very attentive but not over the top. Would not hesitate to use this hotel again. My first choice!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lovelondon2
It was fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to check you in ahead of time.

I was also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant for both breakfast and dinner.