“Brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love Hilton Tower Bridge. It is a large, modern, well-kept property in a really good area to stay in which is well connected. The station is a 3-4 minute walk from where you can be at Westminster/Bond street in around 10 minutes by tube or Gatwick in 30 minutes by train.

I might have a slightly more optimistic view of this hotel than average as I have been upgraded to an exec room on each occasion (as HHonors Gold) but I think I'd still like it irrespective. The room was large, nicely furnished and perfectly clean. The bathroom was spot on and had a terrific shower, separate from the bath.

The exec lounge is one of the best in UK hilton's I have been to, with a really good breakfast - amazing spread of options. Afternoon tea has some truly wicked cakes and the hors d'oeuvres served with the evening drinks are substantial enough for tea!

My advice is not to be put off by the patrons discontented with their afternoon tea experiences and book a stay here without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank abracadabra007
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your stay with us at Hilton London Tower Bridge. I was happy to read that you found the rooms to be large, modern and well-kept.

It was fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the executive room upgrade so much as well as the lounge offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sven M. Goosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

After reading a previous negative review regarding the festive tea at Hilton Tower Bridge I was sceptical of the experience we were in for. Having returned to see another person comment on here I feel obliged to write my own response as my experience was totally the opposite.

My visit with my girl friend was everything that a festive tea should be at a modern hotel. Everything was included that was described to me and more. We had sandwiches were clearly freshly made, a variety of cheeses including cheddar, stilton and some mulled wine figs. Our desserts were fresh and rich, just as you would expect.

I have been to 'Afternoon Teas' at several high end West End hotels, all of which were expensive and not always good value for money. This was not a 'classic' tea inat one of these hotels, but a tea inspired by Christmas at once of the most modern Hiltons I have been too and it hit every note. As for the comment on crockery, I disagree - it certainly did not appear cheap and really added to the feel that this was an alternative and enjoyable experience, not some stuffy scene in a library.

I do agree with that the staff were great and added to the occasion and it got us off to a really good start to our festive season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the honest feedback. We encourage feedback whether positive or negative as this allows us the opportunity to improve our service and quality levels.

I am glad that you and your girlfriend enjoyed the festive tea offering so much. Our brigade of chefs worked very hard to tailor make a high quality festive offering filled with traditional treats. Unfortunately one cannot please everyone 100% of the time but my team and I do try our best to do just that. I am glad that we not only met but exceeded your expectations.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Romford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff were nice but the Afternoon tea at the Hilton was very disappointing. Admittedly we got it on special - I would have hated to pay £54 for it! Why do restaurants always assume veggies eat eggs and fish? I eat neither so they could only offer me cheese sandwich with white cut bread. (The normal choice was turkey and stuffing s/wich or ham and mustard or salmon). There was 1 miniature mince pie, 1 tiny stollen and a tiny piece of cake each and to share 4 oat biscuits, cheese, 10 grapes, 6 redcurrants 2 dried apricots and 2 walnut halves, plus 1 cup of tea or coffee per person.
Tea on the City Cruise boats was double the amount with a variety of veggie sandwiches, including roasted vegetable on granary bread, and at half the price, plus as much tea and coffee as you wanted. Also a much better deal at Orsett Hall in Essex, in beautiful, luxurious surroundings at only £16.50 a head - they are aware how plentiful their teas are as they always give you a box to take take home what you can't eat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Disappointed254
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your afternoon tea. When we developed the Festive Afternoon Tea we did not offer a vegetarian offering as this was supposed to be a traditional Christmas offering and as a result we included items such as Turkey.

My team are however able to accommodate requests for vegetarian offerings if arranged in advance at the time of making the booking. Such requests would then be for a Vegetarian Afternoon Tea and not the Festive Afternoon Tea which is the deal you purchased.

We have received numerous positive comments about our Festive Afternoon Tea and quite a few guests have purchased return vouchers at the full purchase price to return to us over the Christmas period as they have enjoyed the offering so much.

Again please accept my apologies for not having enjoyed your afternoon tea but I trust that you will not judge us solely on this experience as it is not indicative of our high service standards and quality levels.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

thirteen of us went for afternoon tea here using a travelzoo voucher. this was two teas for £25. As they usually charge £25 per head, we thought this was a very good deal.
The first impression that the restaurant gives is a good one, but on closer inspection you see that it is just that, an impression.
the cups and saucers are melamine, not china, and you are offered tea or coffee, no choice of tea, strange considering they have a whole display or different tea on show!!
Now on to the tea itself. where do i begin?
Whte bread was stale, sandwiches had been madw well in advance and obviously refridgerated and were still hard and icy cold. The cakes were all stale and obviously bought in, but the bigest insult was the piece of stilton cheese for two. Not only was it the smallet triangle ever, it was old and dry. We were supposed to have chocolate coins and truffles. None!!! Also mulled wine figs, this was a sliver of a fig and a piece of cinnamon stick.
This has to be the worst Afternoon Tea I have experienced. Do yourself a favour, pay another £4 and go to Harrods. By far the best tea in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I was sorry to hear that you did not like the festive afternoon tea. We have received overwhelmingly positive reviews about this and I can assure you that all items are freshly prepared on the day for the day. The crockery used for the afternoon tea is our standard hotel quality and not melamine.

We do sincerely hope that you will not judge us solely on this one occasion as your experience is not indicative of our high standards of service and quality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The receptionist was very polite, made small talk with us while checking us in. We had a free upgrade to an Executive room, we couldn't fault the room & the bed was just right, not to soft & not to hard. Overall the Hilton made our time in London very special.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate the time taken to post feedback and were so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton London Tower Bridge.

I was pleased to hear that my reception team were so polite and friendly when you checked in. It was great to read that you enjoyed the free upgrade to the Executive room.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bungay, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nothing to fault with this hotel, great location, and to top it all, smoking rooms, that were not grotty and smelly, it was a fantastic stay, the rooms were really comfortable, very clean. We were staying at the Hilton with friends for a weekend in London, and it was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in, I have to say the smoking facility made it better for me, but also for our friends who are non smokers, as we weren't hanging round outside puffing!!!!
This is a great location, so close to the underground station. The location of the hotel is very very noisy, but just close your window, and you won't hear a thing!!!!!!!!!
No more to say, except FAB FAB FAB

Room Tip: If you do still have the horrible habit like me, as for a smoking room!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is always great to receive customer feedback and we thank you for the time taken to post feedback.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Located a few blocks from the London Bridge Underground station on the south side of the River across from the Tower of London.

New construction, modern hotel with standard American chain sized rooms, spacious and clean modern bathroom and comfortable, well appointed room. Hotel has a spacious (busy) lobby, modern gym and offers an Executive Lounge with a nice roof deck.

Friendly staff and convenient location enhanced the visit. Short walk from hotel to Tower Bridge (which has pedestrian walk-way) and into heart of things. London Bridge Underground station a few short blocks walk has access to Julibee Line and Northern line. Hotel is located on a commercial block with access to outdoor arcade with restaurants, shops and great view across the river. Main Street where hotel is located has supermarket, several convenience stores and (of course) pub.

Easy point to explore from and nice modern room when you return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CMMNYC
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay finding our location so central and my team so friendly and efficient.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.