“want to come back”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #166 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed there overnight during Olympics. Absolutely great place to stay from all the perspectives. Double points for LOCATION, AMAZING VIEW OF TOWER BRIDGE (from upstairs restaurant), very eyes-friendly design. Yes, there is a kettle in a room, you just need to look a bit closer :-)))

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much over the Olympic period. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A very nice hotel in a great location, everything you would expect from a modern hotel, clean rooms, great interior & big windows providig a nice view.

I was travelling on business and i did need my car which i realise is always a mistake in london - parking was not good as it was a 15 minute fast walk away - so bare this in mind if your taking your car.

breakfast was good with an excellent selection

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and your stay with us so much.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel was awesome! We were in London on a business trip, and this was the perfect place to stay. We were so close to many of the top attractions, especially the tower of London and tower bridge.

The rooms were very clean, the staff were kind and helpful, and the bar was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay with us. I was really happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, service levels and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hilton hotels can be so varied but this one is a real gem.
I was staying here with my wife for a work conference which was being held here.

We stayed in an executive room, it wasn't as big as I was expecting but it's London so no real surprise.
The room was very nice though, very clean and luxurious.
Our only gripe was the shower leaked onto the floor when it was being used!

We made use of the executive lounge which was great and really appreciated the breakfast, afternoon teas and evening canapes which were served here.

We ate at the restaurant one night and we were really impressed by the food and service we received here. My gluten free wife was well catered for although there was no gluten free available on our first morning despite us making a note of this when we booked.

The hotel is a short walk (5 mins) from London Bridge tube and rail station-very convenient if you are flying in and out of Gatwick as we were.

Definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I was happy to read that you classed our hotel as a 'real gem'. We value your feedback and were encouraged to hear that you enjoyed the room and executive lounge so much. We have looked at the seal at the bottom of the shower door to eliminate the leak you spoke of and thank you for reporting this issue.

I am glad that your wife enjoyed our gluten free selection and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a deluxe room at this Hilton. Honestly, I would have mixed feelings about staying at this Hilton again. I know you can have the same or even better experience at a less expensive hotel. Yes, even in London. Hilton is clearly not the best hotel brand in the UK.

A Very special thanks to Reception Manager Quadsi (sp?), Natasha, Thomas and reception staff for making our stay special. It was very much appreciated. My partner was injured from a fall in a slippery shower and the Reception Manager provided aid, a non-slip pad for the bath and a lovely treat in apology for the incident.

Pros:
EXCELLENT SERVICE (can't emphasize this enough)
Nice size room, decent furnishings
Good location
Very nice gym

Cons:
Cell phone service/data blocked by hotel. Unacceptable given the high rate for this hotel.
Bathtub was very slippery and a LOT of water leaks all over floor during shower. (not a great design and hazardous for older guests)
Mattresses are AWFUL on twin beds (advise requesting mattress topper, it was helpful)
Water pressure in shower was lacking (yes, I do understand conservation, but this is a little much)
Heating in room was either too hot or too cold.
Breakfast was just okay. (We were surprised the breakfast wasn't better quality. We've had better food at a Holiday Inn in London).

1  Thank Jack B

I was sorry to hear that you had mixed feelings.Whilst I was happy to read about those aspects of your stay which you enjoyed, I was concerned with regards to those which you had issues with.

I can advise that our hotel does not block any cellphone service or data in any shape or form. We do in fact have cellphone signal boosters in our hotel to assist with signal not to block it.

My maintenance team have looked into the slippery bathtub in the room you stayed in to rectify this issue. I can also report that all mattresses in the hotel were replaced with brand new ones in February 2012 so I am disappointed to hear that you did not like their comfort.

Furthermore, I noted your points about heating and breakfast variety and have spoken to the relevant managers about this. We usually receive high accolades for our breakfast offering both in terms of quality and variety.

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this Hilton property six times in the last year and each stay has been perfect. The Executive Lounge is great, the bar is nice, rooms are clean and quiet and close to the Underground. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ron F
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

We appreciate the time taken to post feedback about your stay with us at Hilton London Tower Bridge.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your rooms, executive lounge experience, location and team member service levels.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights here for our anniversary weekend - and we have nothing but positive things to say.

At check-in, Carmen was very attentive and congratulated us on our anniversary. I decided to upgrade to an Executive Room and I'm glad I did. Within 10 minutes of entering our room, Carmen called to check that I happy with the room - which I definitely was. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. I was also surprised when room service delivered an anniversay card and cake - such a lovely gesture!

Having access to the Executive Lounge was a real bonus. Breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes are served at various times of the day and there was always a wide selection of tasty treats. The staff in the executive lounge were very friendly and always greeted us with a smile.

The location is perfect. There are loads of restaurants and cafe's nearby and Tesco and M&S are only 2 minutes away.

All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so happy that we were able to positvely contribute towards your anniversary stay.

It was also great to hear that you found our executive lounge team to be so friendly and helpful. I know that my kitchen team will be happy that you enjoyed the food offering.