“Ok.. Apart from the cockroach”
Review of Bloomsbury Bowling

Bloomsbury Bowling
Ranked #154 of 408 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Bloomsbury is a one off venue that takes a lead for 1950's America, where bowling was the height of style. Our venue has 8 public bowling lanes, diner/bar and the private hire Kingpin Suite. Lanes can be hired by the hour. We are open daily from 12 until late.
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times. It's ok. Ish. Food average. Very over priced for what it is but not bad. Until, half an hour after eating and going into one of the karaoke rooms for 2 hours of fun, I walked out to use the toilets and saw a cockroach scamper past, right by the kitchen. So definitely won't be going here again thanks!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"cricket"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My night here started off badly and got worse. We had two tables booked and looked on as they took the orders from one and forgot the other completely. With some begging, a waiter came up in the end and took our order. The food then arrived cold (cold pizza - yuck) and in a random order. Drinks were eventually served but with ill-grace.

Still, we were having a party and determined to have fun, so one of us went up to get a round of Jagermeister shots - 20 for £65. As she lifted the tray off the bar, a drunk catapulted into her, knocking all the liquid into the tray. The drunk ran out of the building immediately. The barkeep immediately offered to help, taking the tray away, pouring out the Jagermeister and refilling the 20 shots. Then they demanded another £65. We complained bitterly, but in the end had to pay.

There was an extraordinary service charge of 10% added to the bill at the end. We had that taken off: the service was so poor, the food was cold, the place stank and the staff visibly hated the customers. What a total rip-off.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Despite the place being a great idea, once your night time is up and staff wants to go home they will start pushing you insistently without a second chance to grab a friend's phone number inside.

The hassle gap was of about 5 seconds between each attempt to get us out quick, and too soon a bouncer started physically pushing some of out of the door. When I said "do not touch me" he smiled and continued pushing in a provocative manner. I told him loud and clear he shouldn't be touching me and another staff member aggressively pulled my arm from another direction hurting my shoulder. I asked him to stop and so he did, but the other had a smirk on his face as if he enjoyed bullying people.
All I wanted was to get a friend's phone number before leaving. I finished my drink quickly and was closer to the door than anybody else. Such behavior is inappropriate use of power as I couldn't use the same amount of force to defend myself.

The place left me feeling frustrated as my emotional state overwhelmed my being leaving me unbalanced in tears unable to say goodbye to all my friends outside at the end.

Humiliating experience thanks to a bouncer and air head staff that did not know how he started the situation that went bad.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Big party booked in so had 4 lanes booked out. The group in front of us were late finishing, no one ushered them off and we were in no rush. Consequently we ran out of time and the staff were very unhelpful and made us stop mid game despite no one joining after us.

It is a nice place but just feels overpriced and a bit unfriendly.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hidden around the corner of The Tavistock Hotel, and underground, this is a great place for a game of blowing, with a real retro feel.
Yes its a bit dark, bit worn around the edges, but this is what gives it its atmosphere. About 10 lanes for bowling, which can be pre booked, nice bar with a large selection of beers and drinks, a burger joint and even rooms for karaoke.
Great for an evening out with friends, watch out for club nights when the place gets very full, but some great acts on.
Will be back again.