“A fantastic night out a work christmas party” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #118 of 337 Fun & Games in London
Manchester
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“A fantastic night out a work christmas party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Excellent venue, seems a bit strange on entering as it looks like some underground gentleman's club... but once inside it is modern and sophisticated. The lanes were a lot of fun, we ordered some plates of snacky foods which were delicious... especially the mini burgers and the chicken! delicious! Will definitely come back for next year's party!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank daveyh87

Rochester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Party”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We chose the venue because the idea of a game of bowling combined with a meal appealed to most of us.
The bar is very expensive and only caters for the drinkers. If for any reason you do not want to drink alcohol you will have limited choice.
The bowling experience was different in only having three ball returns for six lanes. There were not enough of the larger balls for the people that needed them and so, this left at least ten people sharing the same ball. The lane kept locking up and not always registering the correct amount of pins or strikes. At one stage we just had two balls left on the return as all the rest were still sitting in the mechanism at the end of the lane. On several occasions we had to roll a ball down the gutter to 'unlock' the mechanism.
When we sat down to eat we hoped the experience would get better.
I chose wild mushroom soup. This was very watery, salty and how can you burn the bits of mushroom in the bottom. The bread tasted like a bit of warmed up French stick from an earlier session.
My main course was Braised Beef Bourguignon, this was served barely warm, it did get warmer as you got nearer the plate so it seems it was dished up early and left standing on a hot plate. The mashed potato was cold. Some of our party were sending their food back to be warmed up. The side order of vegetables looked nice but some were 'soggy' and some were almost raw. One of our party had a roast potato with his turkey that could be used, as he put it, for knocking in nails.
I had the cheesecake for desert which was really thick and involved a lot of chewing to get through. I chose the cheesecake as it is usually the lighter option.
We had a good evening, but that was down to the company I was with and not the venue.
The impression I got was that they rely on the fact that you have been drinking so will not be too worried about the standard of the bowling facilities or the food.
I don't think we will be returning to this venue.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not go here and waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went here with 8 friends on Thursday 28th November 2013 for bowling, food and drink - and we collectively had an awful experience.

We were rushed in our game due to previous patrons running late, with no apology. I waited approximately 25 minutes to be served by the only bar man at the bar. My friend was accused of stealing a bottle of wine!! The bar man in question (not the one who initially served me) handed her the wine and the card machine before turning his back on her and saying to his chum "i'm off for a fag" - thats possibly were all the others were when I attempted my first purchase! My friend paid for the wine herself and took a copy of the receipt only to be approached approx 25 minutes later by the same bar man accusing her of stealing.

The food came out at different times, mostly very late (although it was busy) and 7 of us had real problems with the food - it was more that just coming out cold, some meals were inedible!

When we tried to speak to the manager, he became cursive and ignorant to our issues but finally conceded on not charging for 4 of the meals - only to then be handed the receipt a little later with the food still charged. When we asked for them to be removed, at the managers confirmation, we were met with scorn.

What a horrible experience. I've been to the Bayswater lanes before (admittedly a few years ago) and did not experience anything remotely like this.

My advice to any readers ... don't go to this bowling alley.

I would hope for a response to this from management but after our group was ignored, and some of the reviews I'm now reading on TripAdvisor, I'm not so confident of one!

Visited November 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bayswater Venue. We don't communicate, we don't care.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Having gone to the website for the Bayswater venue on a Saturday,morning and left 4 messages on their answer phone for a call back to book and got no response, I Googled further and a 'kids things to do' site said they although they are a smallish bowling venue they do always have a spare lane for those who walk in off the street though there may be a wait. So we decided to give it a try. Still not having heard back. When we got there we were pretty much laughed out of the place by the two girls on reception. They said "you need to book at least four days in advance here, we're always fully booked'. I said it may be helpful if you answer your phone, or call back like you say you are going to. They grinned saying it's nothing to do with them they don't do telephones, that's reservations and they don't work on weekends. I said it should say this on their website. They said we don't do the website. It really was one of the worst customer service experiences I have had. Terrible. They clearly are making so much money they don't need to care. Just rude. Give it a miss.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Laura A
Loughton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Evening meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Venue was Westfield, Stratford. Went for an evening meal after a movie. Absolutely appalling customer service. Food took ages to arrive. Staff didn't seem bothered and when a complaint was made, service didn't improve. Left without having the second drink I requested with my meal. Not recommended.

Visited June 2013