“Good fun, but very expensive”

All Star Lanes-Holborn
Ranked #131 of 386 Fun & Games in London
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went as a couple for a birthday party in a large group of 15 people. Had 1 and half games of bowling (I took turns with a friend), had a 1 course meal and 3 pints each and it was £100!

Pints of Blue Moon were £5,75, which I'm pretty sure is the most expensive in Manchester.

Like I said, it's good fun and a nice place to bowl, but not good value for money. Will be interested to see how it's competitor "Dog Bowl" fares when it opens in April.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Used the bayswater venue for a group of colleagues. We hired the private room and had about 3 games of bowling each, a decent buffet style dinner ( not loads but "different " from the norm) and then an hour or so of karaoke. We had a private bar and made great use of it. Football on the Tv and a great laugh. Not cheap, but well worth it for a corporate treat. I have also used the public areas and restaurant which are also good fun and decent value. Try it for something different to do when in town.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

First thoughts walking through the door is why do they have 4 bouncers on a place that is like restaurant/bowling and a small bar?

Anyway greeted by a nice receptionist person who directed us to a bowling people who give you shoes. Now on the plus side most of the ladies was dressed in like 50's clothes make up etc. Liket stuff you would see on Happy Days.

Now i am not the greatest bowler but i had my worst game known to man lol. I thought the screens they had on display was small and it was hard to see the scores. A waitress approached my friend for a drink and took a while to come back and when she did she had forgotten the drink. My friend reminded her and the waitress gave her a bit of attitude back. We was also told not to put the drinks on the side of this wood cabinet which is fine but felt like i was back at school lol.

When we finished our game we went to pay for drinks/game. Now they had 2 ladies on till/computer and there was like 10 of us but it took quite a while to process the payments and we was there a good 10+ mins at the till. From my experience you should be in and out as quick as possible. Maybe if they had less bouncers and more staff helping customers the process would have gone more quickly.

I think the problem with this place is it is trying to be a bit off everything. Bar/Bowling and Restaurant. Which isn't a bad thing but i wont be returning there again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My partner took me here for date night and we had a wonderful time!! We had a package of a set menu (two course) a cocktail and one game of bowling. Brilliant food and fun. The staff were lovely and i will definatly be going back !!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First of all, I feel this place is a rip off. We went for the bowl + 2 course meal + cocktail for £28.
You're then charged a mandatory 12.5 service charge and VAT. I don't feel the service charge was deserved as the man who brought out food was really rude! The food was revolting. I ordered the veggie burger which sounded nice. It came out as one of those cheap chip shop vegetable patties, deep fat fried to within an inch of its life, with some burnt halloumi cheese on top and a nasty plastic bun. My friend had the vegetable sandwich and sent it back. Another had the mac and cheese which looked like a microwave job, and the last had chicken which was dripping in grease and fat.
We also ordered a bottle of prosecco, which they brought us a separate bill for and added another 12.% service charge.
After dinner we went to the bar to get a bottle of wine for our bowling game. The wine tasted off. It was really sour and foul.
We bowled, it didn't last very long. It was fun - but bowling always is fun.
We all left feeling like we'd been robbed of our hard earned cash and wishing we had gone for dinner somewhere else. Will not be returning.
It was also my friends birthday and we were told she'd receive a card and a voucher for a free drink - but she didn't!

1  Thank Kirsten N