“Cosy, Fancy, Swanky”

Montagu Place Hotel
Ranked #34 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have stayed at this boutique hotel several times and standards have been consistently high. Rooms are rated Cosy, Fancy or Swanky. The first time we stayed, we booked the Fancy which is the medium sized of the three. Our next two visits were for longer periods and we decided to go for Swanky which are much larger with a king sized bed, ample wardrobe space but the icing on the cake was that they come with a fridge. The fridge contained fresh milk and none of the usual UHT rubbish normally found in hotels and bottled water. The fridge was a great asset during the hot weather as we could stock up on cold drinks without having to pay extortionate mini bar prices. The bathrooms are large with bath and shower and supplied with travel sized Molton Brown Products which are replace every other day. The breakfast is continental; the only cooked items being eggs and toast. There is a good selection of bread, croissants and pastries. A really good fresh fruit salad was very welcoming and together with home made muesli, cheeses and cooked meats; the breakfast certainly set you up for the day. The staff here are really helpful and go the extra mile. There are no lifts in this three story building but staff insist on carrying your luggage and we were right at the top. I would be very reluctant to stay in one of the larger London hotels after staying and this really friendly, intimate hotel.

2  Thank Lorraine A
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing such a wonderful review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
It is absolutely pleasure to read that we manage to deliver this kind of service you are looking for and therefore you have already stayed with us on several occasions. I am very pleased to read that you noticed all our efforts to make your stay memorable.
Thank you very much for your kind words and for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance in the meantime.

Marta Wasilewska -General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a great breakfast. The staff was accommodating and friendly. They have a bar open always with a beautiful lobby that was great (and I used it) for meeting friends. Easy to walk to the parks and attractions and Sherlock Holmes house! Nice room, very comfortable. No lift OR washcloths (maybe that is an English thing, who knows). Had a wonderful stay. CLOSE to Selfridges (what better location can there be?).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and submitting your review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
It is a great pleasure to read that you find our staff very friendly and our location so convenient that you decided to invite and celebrate with your friends in our hotel.
We do hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel on your next visit in London.

Marta Wasilewska – General Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked a 1 night weekend break in London with a view to having a relaxed centrally located couple of days where we could wander around and find some if the 'less obvious' London attractions. Hotel location, value and comfort was therefore vital and after some trawling through Tripadvisor we found The Montagu Place hotel. The reviews looked very positive apart from the odd out of place negative one. Swayed by these we used Tripadvisor to find the best price which was through Agoda. We booked online and always set. The hotel was easy to find conveniently located near Baker Street underground. As other reviews have stated it is a very well modernised small boutique hotel with very friendly staff. We were upgraded for free. A lovely well appointed room on floor 3 with lots of space, a large bed a nice modern bathroom with shower and bath. Comes with tea coffee biscuits water fruit and wifi all included. Readers should note that there is no lift to the 3rd floor and the bed is large but firm. We wanted a nice little welcoming hotel conveniently located providing good value for money. The Montagu Place hotel pretty much fitted that bill perfectly.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and posting the feedback from your last stay in our hotel.
I am pleased to read that we manage to deliver the service you were looking for therefore we confirmed all those good reviews you were reading about our staff, location and welcoming atmosphere.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back at Montagu Place Hotel in the near future. Please contact us directly to receive the best rate available for our returning guests.

Marta Wasilewska – General Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I spent a week here while visiting our daughter who was studying abroad. We could not have asked for a better hotel: so very accomodating, helpful and friendly. Each morning began with a wonderful breakfast. Excellent location, close to the tube and restaurants. Being from the Napa Valley, I only hope we can stay there again sometime soon.

Room Tip: If you need a lift, then request a ground floor room; the staff is most accomodating.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing such a splendid review on TripAdvisor.
First and foremost I would like to say that it was great pleasure to have you with us in our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and the hotel very accommodating.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back at Montagu Place Hotel on your next visit in London.

Marta Wasilewska - Montagu Place Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family of 4 just returned from a weeks stay at the Montagu Place. We had 2 connecting rooms that was perfect with two teen daughters traveling with us. This hotel is in a great location right near Baker Street Underground station giving easy access to the whole of London! It's in a nice, quiet area despite its central location so you enjoy a peaceful stay in very comfortable rooms and beds! Also having the rooms with AC was a pleasure, especially since the week we spent in London was during a heat wave. The hotel staff was great including Giluia, Andreas, Enrico and the rest of the staff. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and posting your feedback from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
I am very pleased to read that our location was convenient for you and that you found our rooms very comfortable. Thank you very much for your kind words towards our team, I am sure they will be thrilled when I share your review with then.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I just got back from six wonderful nights at Montagu Place Hotel. Everything was great from the comfort of the bed to the water pressure in the shower. I also cannot emphasize enough how much of a relief it was to return to a comfortably cool room after experiencing London's heat wave. The location was fabulous since we alternated between the Marble Arch and Baker Street tube stations all week. We were also very impressed with the concierge staff, in particular, Enrico, whom we interacted with the most.

I'd definitely stay here again and I'd recommend it to business and leisure travelers.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and posting you review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.

It is absolutely pleasure to see such a wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor like yours. I am delighted to read that you found our hotel so comfortable and the location very convenient. Thank you very much for your kind words towards our team, Enrico in particular, he is indeed a great asset in our team.

We look forward to be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We loved this hotel. It's close to Paddington station and near Marylebone High Street.There are some excellent restaurants close by and it is well served for buses, underground (Edgware Road) and Boris's bikes.

The hotel is two lovely town houses. The rooms are not big but they are comfortable. The bed was excellent. We overslept on both nights. I was initially worried that there might be a lot of traffic noise but there was hardly any. I would have to say this is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. Our room was absolutely spotless.

The staff are very helpful and attentive. We will definitely book to come here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your review from your last visit in our hotel.
I am very pleased to read that we manage to deliver this kind of service you were looking for and therefore you were so kind to recommend us to other TripAdvisor users. I can assure you that comments like yours inspire us to work even harder to strive for excellence in everything we do.

We do hope we will be able to welcome you back at Montagu Place Hotel in the near future.