1,827 results
All reviews privacy curtains female dorm common room mixed dorm bed dorm each bunk finchley road jubilee line free tea and coffee person room camden town common areas luggage room tube station lounge area wi fi enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I return for an ukulele festival once a year and choose to stay here every time. It is clean, friendly, and unique. I love the personal charging ports, curtains, and lights on every bed. It is conveniently located next to two mainline tube stops, so you are no more than a 25 minutes tube ride away from all the main London attractions. I love the market at the Swiss Cottage station and I buy fruit from the vendor at Finchley Road. If there is something you forgot you are around the corner from a major grocery store and places to shop and eat. I have stayed there 5 years in a row and will be back for my 6th year.

Room tip: If you need a more quiet room, do not stay in the basement where the music often blasts until 1-2am.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Duty M, Team Member at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey MimsUkes,

Thank you for your feedback! Your comments are important to us and we're glad you once again had an amazing stay with us. I also appreciate your comments about the cleanliness, security, and amenities of the hotel. We focus on all of these areas and it is great to see that our efforts don't go unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to amplify your stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Have stayed in this hostel two times, in a 6 bed female room.
Good place for London, not in the city centre but near a bus stop (20 mins journey to the city) and 2 underground stations. Finchley road is the nearest.
My floor had two bathrooms, female only and male - the showers in the cabins are right opposite the toilets. The windows are open so it's quite chill, but you can use other floor's bathrooms if you want. There's a hairdryer.
The beds have curtains, electric sockets and lights - imo that's the best thing a hostel can have.
There is a key card, free luggage storage - so i left my bag until check-in and after check out and walked around (great neighbourhood!)
McDonalds and Sainsbury's (in the mall) are nearby.
There's a bar at the ground floor, highly recommend. Breakfast £4, but I thought it's a bit much so didn't get it.
Lockers are free, but you need your own lock (£2 at reception), mind these are old thick lockers, so some locks may not fit.
Towels are for rent £2.
The lounge has free hot water and coffee for £1.

Second time of my stay there were a lot of teenagers on a trip and the noise was unbelievable. I wish the hostel didn't let children stay. But usually it's pretty chill.
A kitchen would be awesome. or at least free breakfast.

Overall, good experience, i'd stay again.

Room tip: choose rooms with the less beds possible. the less people the better, always
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank zerothirteen

Hey zerothirteen,

Thank you for the review! I am glad that you enjoyed the location aswell as the style and décor of the hotel. As for the noise you are most certainly welcome to report this to our front desk team who will be able to solve this issue straight away. As we are a boutique hostel we pride ourselves in offering cheap accommodation for all types of guests to showcase our great city and sometimes finding a balance to make everybody's stay can come with it's challenges. Future reference though we do have a kitchen! It's just next to the bar, it's small but mighty.

Once again thank you for your comments and being a valued guest, we hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2019

I thought this place great when I first booked and arrived. The beds were decent, the atmosphere was chill, and overall the staff was really friendly. This was definitely a step up from my previous hostel, or at least I thought until my second night when a hoard of 12-14 year olds were screaming and running around the halls until the late hours of the night. Look, I get it, I was a teen staying at a "hotel" too with all my friends once, but for the staff not to tell them they should maybe not be straight screaming in the halls at 11pm is kind of annoying. Also, on my last night, in addition to the screaming children, at 9:30pm a staff member barged into the room to change the sheets, and turned on a very bright light without warning. On the top bunk, you were blasted by it. I understand that you have to change the sheets but it would have been nice to have them do that earlier, or at least warn us before unleashing the Great Light.

Other than that, everything was great!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Duty M, Team Member at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Hey mcgoffsa,

Thank you for choosing to bunk with us here at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage.

We're glad you found the beds decent and appreciated our chill atmosphere and friendly staff. We always ask guests if they have any problems to come down to the front desk and we would sort it out immediately but we do acknowledge that having groups of schoolkids in the hostel can sometimes be hard for our night staff to control as there is only 1 manning the front desk. As for your comments on our housekeepers we'll have a word with them when they are changing beds out of hours.

Once again many thanks and all the best.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I always stay here when I visit London for gigs and events. Palmers has a Harry Potter type vibe and the dorms are clean and welcoming.

There is a communal living room and a bar downstairs.

Close to Swiss Cottage Station and bus links.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
PalmersLodgeSC, Team Member at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hey Diego, thank you for your feedback. We're glad your Palmers experience was an awesome one especially taking advantage of our facilities. Cheers for the review and hope to see you again soon. Josh - Team Palmers

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I've stayed in many hostels, and I'll definitely return to Palmer's when in London! Clean, quiet (of course can depend on the people that you share the room with), privacy (with curtains on the bed!), good location and easy reach, friendly and helpful staff, water fountain and kitchen. What more can you ask for?

• Trip type: Traveled solo
PalmersLodgeSC, Recptionist at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear guest,
Many thanks for this wonderful review, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. Best wishes, Anna- Reception Team