1,824 results
All reviews privacy curtains female dorm common room mixed dorm bed dorm each bunk finchley road jubilee line free tea and coffee person room camden town common areas luggage room tube station lounge area wi fi enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage express their quality of security as "High". But my laptop was stolen in the "security luggage room in broad daylight!!!!!!!!!!! When I spoke with the general manager, Tom, he said it is not their responsibility. Although in THEIR security room, you can clearly see the man walk into the security room after a staff member walked out. So can you trust this place with your possessions! NO!!!

Okay, let me tell you what happened:
On the 30th of April, I stayed at the Palmers Lodge and checked out but I decided to book again for another day so I asked the reception to leave my stuff at the hostel in their secure room until check-in.

They DID NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE SECURITY ISSUES THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED AND THEIR “RULE" THAT WE CANNOT LEAVE OUR PRECIOUS & VALUABLE BELONGINGS", so I left my laptop inside of my luggage on the 1st of May at 9:30 am. But when I came back at the same day at 10:30pm, my laptop was stolen!

I told a staff member at reception to check the CCTV and they actually had video footage of THE GUY entering the hostel at around 12:50 noon after entering through the main door and staying in the lounge for a few minutes. He then went to the 'secure' luggage room without any worries or restrictions. The guy entered the luggage room which presumably should only be opened using a security card provided at reception.

The suspect, a man wearing gloves, entered the “secure” room. He was NOT a guest and was recorded rifling through the luggage in the room for valuables and then proceeding to steal my laptop.

When I talked with the manager, he said: "it (the security) is not our priority".

When you are choosing a hostel or hotel, have you ever chosen the place for its high-security rating?" My prime requirement is security. Am I wrong? Are you okay to be at risk for any kind of crime when you are choosing a place to stay in London and hoping to enjoy your journey??

I really want to find the person responsible and more than that as a University student with important work on the device it is so important that I get it back!!!

The hostel will do nothing to help me locate my device or even provide any type of compensation. As such, I need your help. I have attached a picture of the guy seen to be stealing my laptop. Moreover, has anyone else noticed something missing as the man took quite a few things from the security room that day?!? He might have stolen your valuables too so if you heard or saw or experienced anything between 30 April 2019 and 2 May 2019 please respond to this review!!!
Thank you in advance.
I really want to find the suspect!!! So I will attach the picture of the guy. Moreover, has anyone gotten the same trouble as me as being stolen?? He might steal your precious thing so if you heard or see or experienced this kind of tragic event. Please text me!

my email is manbo.tango18@gmail.com

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 舞子 清
PalmersLodgeSC, Team Member at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us and I sincerely apologise on what happened to you during your stay with us. We take every guest complaint very seriously and we always strive to do our best to help deal with any kind of situation. In your case the authorities were alerted and we continue to work closely with them to help solve this case, management are also having a meeting next week in order to review the processes we currently have in place. As travelers ourselves we know how frustrating and damaging these situations are and rest assured you have our full support, feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any further questions.

Warmest Regards,
Josh
Team Palmers

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

Palmers Lodge was my first time staying in a hostel alone. I have to say it was a great experience. I stayed in the 28 bed mixed dorm. While initially I was nervous about this, it was actually great. Each bed had curtains which gave you a bit of privacy. The only thing I wish there was- more outlets! I had to charge my phone at random times- but it never died so it was fine. I definitely recommend Palmers for solo travelers! Super close to the tube and in walking distance of the Camden Market.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed in Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage a couple of times now, and it’s always a pleasure! The location is great, the area is beautiful, and the building itself is gorgeous.
Services found close by are basic, but good: just around the corner you can find a small restaurant offering breakfast dishes (even at 3pm) and lunch + Superdrug (basic hygiene and cosmetics), McDonald’s, several coffee shops and food stores.
The tube station is less than 5min walk away, and even Regent’s Park is in walking distance.
The staff has always been great, and the services offered by the hostel are superb - if you forgot to bring something, you can probably get it there!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
PalmersLodgeSC, Team Member at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Hey There!

Wow! The pleasure is ours, what an amazing review, we're glad your Palmers experience was a good one! Very fond that you found our location great - being situated in a pleasant, quiet neighborhood yet being 10 minutes away from the hassle and bustle of the city does have it's perks. As for your kind words about the staff - we'll pass it on. Once again thank you for the awesome rating, we hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,
Josh
Team Palmers

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic stay! Great location near the tube, good bus service, quiet and safe neighborhood. Hip ambiance with bar, lounge and outside patio downstairs.

Excellent service, and very clean facilities.

Was in a main floor room and was never disturbed by the party. Lots of choice of rooms, I had a smaller dorm with double beds and only 8 others - was very quiet.

And most of all, a spectacular historic building, full of charm. Go now!

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Only spent one night in the hostel but enough to feel like at home. Really good atmosphere there and amazing staff, special mention to Jorge, who helped me a lot. Good facilities and everything was tidy and clean.