Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$263
$281
$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$244
$166
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$135
$113
Agoda.com
1,547 results
All reviewsprivacy curtainscommon roomfemale dormbed dormmixed dormeach bunkbeautiful hostelfinchley roadjubilee linefree tea and coffeeperson roomcamden towncommon areastube stationlounge arealuggage roomfree internet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at. Very well organised and friendly atmosphere!
Also really enjoyed the bar and meals were reasonbly priced and good quality.
Breakfast was a very nice wide range of foods and drink.
It was very nice to have the rooms attended to everyday which made for an even more comfortable stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Antonio C, Manager at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Hi - Thank you for your kind review, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Palmers Lodge.
We hope to see you again should you return to London.

Best Regards

Reviewed December 19, 2013

beauty attitude and well set up. coming in after 23hour flight at 7am we had bag storage, use of showers and free breakfast and lounges even though we weren't booked in until that evening.
today i'm still jetlagged so i've been able to have my shower at 4:30am, (of course very quietly, no singing), and sit in the lounge with free coffee/tea, 24hr reception. there's a 24hr deli 100m away.
the reviews were true about the restaurant/bar/lounge noise not penetrating into the dorm rooms so i could sleep at any hour as my body adjusted.

Room Tip: middle sized dorms are nearly the same price as the largest dorms and have less chance of having that odd person who doesn't act quietly when they come in late
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very happy with my stay at Palmers! Great location in a safe part of London and close to the tube station. All the staff I spoke to were really friendly and helpful and the place has a really nice chilled out atmosphere. I liked that it has a bar which is a great way to meet other travellers over a drink. The bathrooms were also really clean which you can't say very often for hostels! A bonus was the free breakfast which was really good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of the hostel - I am really glad you enjoyed your stay.
Thanks for your comments
We hope to see you staying with us again very soon

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I didn't have any major issues with this hostel - it was a bargain price so I wasn't expecting 5-star service. The "luggage room" where you can store your bags if you arrive early is essentially a shed next to the hostel with wires bolted to the walls for you to secure your bags. Definitely a little worrisome. They don't enforce the "no smoking" bit near the front door. So as we were lugging our bags up the stairs (so many stairs), we had to navigate through a bunch of kids smoking on the front steps. The "1st floor" isn't really on the 1st floor, it's on the second. If you have heavy luggage then you're going to get a workout carrying them up the stairs as the elevator doesn't work. The heat was nonexistent, but there was a space heater in the room that did the job. The ensuite bathroom was tiny with a light that worked on a sensor, so if you take too long in the shower, it'll click off. The double bed only came with two pillows, so one per person - which was pretty uncomfortable. The shower drain in our bathroom was clogged and would flood every shower, after complaining twice someone did come fix it.

The location was excellent though. Short walk to two different tube stops, shops, delis, etc. If you're willing to look past a few issues here and there then I would definitely recommend this place. Would I stay here again? If I was on a budget, definitely. If I could afford to go elsewhere - I would.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Titus W, General Manager at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thanks for the response. We can proudly say that from today 19th December we've just finished building a brand new luggage storage room which is inside the building meaning increased security and no need for the cold. We are very sorry to everyone who had to use the outdoor sheds in the past but we were waiting on the building actually building an annex to the building.

I will get someone to look into the double room facilities as soon as possible, the lift has been fixed and is up and running now.

Regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I organised an event in London at the beginning of December and used this hostel to accommodate my friends requiring overnight accommodation. As such one of the big bonuses of this hostel is the free on-site car parking that it has. It is also conveniently located for the tube and not far from all the action in the centre of London. The hostel has a nice chillout room where you can chat with your friends/meet other guests and has computer terminals for those who don't have Wifi devices, as well as free tea and coffee.The 6 bed dorm we had was fine with sturdy bunk beds and drawers underneath for storage.

The hostel had a bar although sadly it only opens in the evening so we were not able to enjoy a drink there before heading out for our activities. I would definitely recommend this hostel for those looking for good budget accommodation in central London.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EKTOrganiser

Thanks for your review and your kind comments. We hope to welcome you back to the hostel soon.

Kind regards