We walked from Edgeware Station along Edgeware Rd at about 8PM, dragging our luggage past some strange looking establishments. Wondered where in the world we had landed. Found a very small front entrance that purported to be the Comfort Inn. We were starting to have our doubts. We were booked for five days. But as you'll see, we found our stay enjoyable and will return.
Reception was uneventful. Took the very tiny elevator to the second floor which was an adventure in itself. Must confess that we got pretty good at operating this lift after several days of use.
Our room (206) is very small as are apparently most of the others. We had just arrived off a cruise and we believe that the room is smaller than the stateroom on the ship. But we keep reminding ourselves that this is a budget hotel in London. The bed is good, clean and comfortable. There is a small desk with a power plug for computer charging (stays on when room power is off). There is not a lot of space to lay out our two small suitcases and there is no storage space for clothing. The layout of the bathroom in this room makes access to the sink quite awkward. When approaching the sink, you have to slide yourself between the shower and the wall without bashing your arm on the towel rack. Perhaps there is a better location for this rack? Our friends in another room did not have this sink access problem.
First night was good, except the room was too hot. Cracked the window open but the noise from the street was just too much. We don't like using the air conditioning but we had to try it on the second night and what a difference. Window closed, very quiet, slept like a baby. The a/c has a remote, operable from the bedside. The rest of our nights were great. Sorry about the extra electrical cost.
Staff were good with room cleaning and refreshing the towels. Very pleasant young lady looked after the room every morning.
We thought that the Breakfast room was excellent. Lots of tables, good access to quite a variety of breakfast items, from cereals, yogurts, danishes, toast, juices, coffee/tea and fruit. The toaster works well, without a lot of fuss. There is a TV on the wall to catch up on the morning news and weather. Open time from 7AM to 10AM we felt was quite generous. The empty trays and used dishes were removed quickly. Well maintained and overall a good experience.
There is free wi-fi in the room but must comment that we found it inconvenient to have to get a new password from the front desk every 24 hours. Surely one password could be issued for a five day stay?
Carpets need replacing, particularly on the stairways.
Outside the hotel was a pleasant surprise. A block down the street is a neat area called Little Venice. There was a three day regatta the weekend we were there, with many of the narrow 40' longboats tootling up and down this section of the Regent Canal, with exhibits, contest for best boat etc.. Just a really nice area, nice housing and a decent pub tucked in on a side street. All just around the corner from the hotel.
Buses come by on Edgeware Rd seemingly every minute. Easy access to all the railways, tubes and sights in and around London. (Get yourself an Oyster Card.)
On a whim we tried the Kandoo Persian Restaurant just down the street. Food was excellent, reasonably priced and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We went back the next night for another great dinner. No corkage charge if you bring your own bottle of wine.
So, much to our surprise, a very interesting and enjoyable location. Good budget accommodation. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn London Edgware Road is situated in London's West End, a hub of everything that makes central London unique and is a favoured starting point from which to tour London. Visit Earls Court, Harrods, Piccadilly, Marylebone, and Paddington, and you'll also be only a stone's throw away from Heathrow Express, marble arch, Hyde Park Corner, Regent's Park, Hotels Near Oxford Street, Lord's Cricket Ground, Madame Tussauds, and Baker Street. This being London's West End, theatre offerings are robust. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Edgware Road Hotel London
- Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road England
- London Comfort Inn