Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road
$257
$238
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyogurtbakerloo linebusy roadshort stayminute walkair conditioningpaddington stationdouble bedbreakfast was includedquiet roomrooms are smalleasy accessone night staytoasterhairdryerwardrobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked this hotel as I had a very early start the next morning and needed just a bed form the night but what a surprise I had when I turned up! The hotel is only 5 minutes from the station and doesnt look much from outside. However, I was greeted by a very pleasant lady and when I got to my room, it was great. I only booked a single room but upon entering, there was a double and a single bed with a good sized en-suite, modern TV. The room was enormous and for the price was EXCELLENT VALUE!!!! Don't worry about some negative reviews as I'm not sure what certain people expect. I would stay there anytime and have already recommended it to colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gladders G
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Gladders,

Thank you for giving a feedback on your visit. We’re happy to know we met your expectations and you enjoyed the quality of service at the Comfort Inn Edgware Road Hotel.

Julia is certainly an asset and we are delighted to have her as a part of the team. She is passionate about making every guest feel at home. We’re pleased to know you felt the same and quoted the hotel as an ‘EXCELLENT VALUE!!!!’ in your review.
We’ll look forward to welcoming you back.
Speak soon!!

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Trying to stay in London on a budget is always difficult - and with so many smaller hotels quality is a lottery.

So, it was nice to find this hotel, which offers good value and friendly service in a convenient location.

Yes, some bits of decor look a bit tired as others have mentioned. And yes, the walls are a bit thin.

But the rooms are clean and comfortable and I think you'd struggle to find anything as nice for the great value prices - I've previously paid much more to stay in poorer hotels.

Would happily book again.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Duncan,

Thank you for posting such an amazing review on your recent stay with us.

It gave us immense pleasure to know your trip went well. I will be sure to pass along your comments and suggestions to the staff members and the concern departments. We take a note of each and every suggestion our guests write in their reviews and try to implement it in the services we offer.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back anytime in future.
See you soon!!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Been to so many places, but this one is really terrible. Bad neighbourhood, dirty, dirty, dirty!! My room had no window at all!! Bathroom vas extremelly thiny, so small that I hardly wash it there! Really terrible! Really old hotel, not renovated at all! Not a 3 star at all!! Breakfast ok, but everything elese... bad!

Room Tip: Do not take 101 room, rembember without a window!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Alenka,

Thank you for writing a comment on TripAdvisor.

I’m deeply sorry to know you had a terrible experience. In regards to your comment ‘My room had no window at all!!’ we’re in a bit of a confused state as we couldn’t figure out which room you stayed in. All the rooms at Comfort Inn Edgware Road have a window. In any case if the reception was informed on time that you were not happy with anything they would’ve been more than happy to solve your problem. We would still like to clear the confusion about ‘no window’ as it seems the review belongs to some other property.

We will stay in contact via private messaging system to clear the cloud. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

To start - the room was fine. The bed was really old so you could feel every spring - but when you're spending most of your time site seeing - it's not really that big of a deal. The room was kept warm and clean and that's the important part. The only complaint about the room I have is that you can here EVERYONE... It sounds like a heard of elephants walking through the hallways in the morning as early at 6 am.... But that's probably because of how the building is...

The problem came when dealing with the staff. One woman that works the front desk is so polite and helpful - I loved her! But the two other men that work the front desk were rude and even downright mean towards me. We booked this hotel because it stated that it had free wifi when booking - then come to find out that they actually want to charge you 8 quid after you run your "free 24 hours" ticket out. I'm sorry - but no. I'm not paying extra money towards a hotel that stated it's wifi was free. When I went down to get the new pass after I ran out I was rudely told that he shouldn't be giving me another and next time I'd have to pay. The woman on the other hand was so nice and didn't even blink when my husband asked for a new code!

On top of that - my husband became ill on our trip - and to avoid getting others sick - I tried taking breakfast up to him. I was rudely told that I could not do that and he'd have to come down to the breakfast lounge.... Seriously? My husband is super sick and you want him around all your food?

All in all - not the *worst* place I've stayed - but I'm really hoping we never stay there again...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Christnad,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

First of all please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you faced. The way you were treated was absolutely wrong and not the type of customer service we’d like to promote in our hotel. The help desk has indeed not followed the principles of customer service this hotel actually promotes. Please note that this case is being dealt with internally and we will keep in touch through TripAdvisor’s internal messaging service.

I would like to thank you on Julia’s behalf for your kind words. You've made her day!! She truly is an asset to the hotel and our guests love her.
If you’d like to contact us directly then please feel free to email us on abida.abbas@4chotels.co.uk or ahmed.khan@4chotels.co.uk.

Once again thank you for a detailed review and apologies for the inconveniences you faced.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good. Five minutes walk from the underground station and fifteen minutes from Oxford street. Near the hotel there were restaurants, taverns, pizzerias and large and small supermarkets. After six nights at the hotel i found our stay very pleasant.
The room was large and clean, Breakfast is good and the hotel staff friendly. I would recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear YiannisIoannou,

Thank you for writing a lovely review and recommending us on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad to know you enjoyed your stay with Comfort Inn Edgware Road and found the staff friendly and location ideal.
Will you be visiting us again? We can’t wait to have you back!!!

Best wishes for year 2013,