“Top notch”

Ranked #688 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Top notch”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Got a deal on late rooms.
Absolutely lovely hotel.
The room was a lovely size with a nice TV and string AC making the room very pleasant.
The breakfast was larger than expected and had plenty of seating :)
The location is key, ten minutes walk from the two tube stations giving you access to multiple lines and in zone one so cheapest.
When i'm next staying in London this will be the hotel of my choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We are truely delighted to read your positive feedback.

I’m glad to know that my efficient team’s customer service, room amenities, complimentary continental breakfast, comfortable rooms, the hotel and its ambiance has made every minute of your stay pleasant and enjoyable. I’m overwhelmed to know that our diligent team made you feel truly at home away from home.
I equally agree to your point that the location is one big reason why one should choose us among others. Transport is easily accessible with multiple lines to travel on, hence making all the London attractions and business venues easy to get to.

We look forward to host you again on your next visit to London. Till then take good care of yourself!!

Abida Abbas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hungarian first
wherever I lay my hat...
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here on a Friday night with two friends in a triple room.

The check in was very efficient and I had made a request for a quiet room, which was honoured with a top floor, back room. It was spotlessly clean and had everything we required.

Breakfast (continental) again had everything you could wish for including fresh pastries, yoghurt, cheeses, toast, cereals, hot and cold drinks, jams.

A very pleasant stay I would recommend this hotel.

pricewise we were very lucky with a deal from laterooms.com

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NikkiNomad
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your short and sweet review. My team and I are in high spirits after reading your response.

We are very excited to know that we have lived up to your expectations as our ultimate goal is to perfect our guests experiences. We try our utmost best to fulfill all the requirements of our guests and I’m happy to know we did the same in your case. Our staff has once again proved to be a fantastic asset to the Hotel.
I’m also pleased to know you liked the complimentary continental breakfast. There is plenty of choice on our menu as we believe it’s essential to have a great and healthy start of the day.

For your information, you’ll find special offers and great discounts by booking directly with us through our website or simply calling us.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again sometimes in future.

Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We booked the Comfort Inn via the internet because it appeared that the rooms were larger than average for hotels in London in this end of the price scale. Also, that it was conveniently placed near Paddington Station. We were not disappointed!
We were a party of 5, occupying three rooms on two floors. All the rooms were newly refurbished, clean and quite spacious - just what we expected! The modest entrance conveys a wrong image of the quality of the rooms. Also, the corridors and staircases are narrow and worn, but that matters less when the rooms are so good.
There's air conditioning in every room, as well as a safe for storing valuables.
The breakfast room is screened from the street outside with some pretty engraved windows. Adequate continental breakfast.
5-6 minutes walk to the nearest Underground station (Edgware Road/Bakerloo line); 20 minutes walk to Paddington. Friendly and helpful staff.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First and foremost we thank you for writing a kind and descriptive review. It's wonderful to know that you had a splendid stay and enjoyed our service along side the food and atmosphere. There is nothing satisfactory to know that our guests have received what they deserve, consequently our efforts pay off at the end of the day.

As you mentioned the location is indeed a plus point for all types of travelers; visiting for leisure purposes or business trips. Centrally located and near to the tube and train stations one can easily go around London making the most of their time. I’m glad to know that you found the rooms comfortable and the amenities useful.

We are greatful to you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. My team & I are glad that you are willing to visit us again. We all look forward to your next visit.

Sayulita, Mexico
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Price seem to be a little stiff, but then again this is London. So within london this is a very good option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us as your feedback is very important in order to know where we stand.

Your response is brief, yet conveys the important points a reader/visitor needs to know.
Thank you for prioritizing us in terms of choosing hotels in central London. Our prices are quite flexible depending on the events going on in London. You might have found it stiff as it is the Olympic season and of course the summer time, nonetheless; we have great discounts for our guests following us on Facebook and booking with us directly. Please contact us directly on your next visit, we’ll make sure you won’t regret anything concerned to your stay.

Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed at the hotel from the 27th-29th June. The first thing we noticed was that the hotel was situated in a very multicultural area, as me and my boyfriend approached the hotel i warned him not to "judge a book by its cover" as the front of the hotel does not have the "Wow factor" and this made him a bit nervous as i hadn't really told him anything about the hotel, but i knew by researching on the internet that it was going to be a good budget hotel so i assured him that it would be fine! As we arrived early we had to leave our luggage in the luggage room which was fine as we went out to London zoo and checked in later. We checked in at about 5pm and went to our room which was a pleasant surprise as the room was very spacious and clean, my boyfriend was very very pleased! Breakfast was continental and seemed pretty fine, no complaints here! At night time it can be a bit noisy as the hotel is on a busy road so if the slightest noise wakes you up then take ear plugs. Additionally as we put the do not disturb sign on our door, the cleaners did not come in and change the bedding etc. but instead they left a little parcel outside our door with clean towels which i thought was very thoughtful and caring! Never had that type of service at other hotels! Very impressed!

Overall i was very, very happy with my decision to book this hotel for our London break as not only is it cheap and clean but it is also very close to the underground which is great for getting to all the attractions in central London! The hotel can be somewhat described as a Tardis, small on the outside and big on the inside. I had a really nice time and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rochelle C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and effort for putting up this review on TripAdvisor.

It's wonderful to know that our customer service was beyond your expectation. I’m glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us and liked the complimentary continental breakfast and all other services we offer. There is nothing more delightful than to read a positive feedback from our dear guests. I thank you on behalf of my dedicated team whose priority will remain to be guest satisfaction. Your encouraging words contribute to our mission of performing better and better day by day.
You may have noticed that Edgware Road is unique as a district, great food and rich in culture, yet also in a very central area of London. The entrance of the hotel is quite misleading at times but as you noticed the rooms are very spacious and clean. The house keeping team tries their best in terms of cleaning and customer service and we are honored you’ve noticed and appreciated their efforts. Most graciously you have uploaded few pictures of the hotel for which we thank you again for taking out time.

You’ve expressed your desire to come back and stay with us again. We’re happy to hear your decision and I think you won’t regret your choice :-) We’ll make sure you don’t have to put any ‘buts’ writing a review next time by trying our utmost best to make your stay even better and memorable.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at the comfort inn on edge are road on weds the 20th of June for work purposes.

I checked in at approx 5pm and ventured out to find some food before starting work for the night. On my return the key card to my room work perfectly, I ate my food and then went off to work at 6.

I remember vividly putting the change from my dinner in the front of my rucksack, and decided against taking another packet of cigarettes from my duty free carton I had in my holdall.

Upon returning to the room at 12:30am I firstly discovered my room key was not working. After a 10 minute wait at the front desk whilst the receptionist tried and tried again to programme the card, I asked for my room key. I entered the room and didn't immediately notice anything out of place. I went to my bag to open a fresh packet of cigarettes to discover that the 100 cigarettes I had left were not there. I turn my bag inside out and they were nowhere to be found. Upon checking my other bag I discovered that the change from my dinner had gone, along with my iPhone, and a travel speaker.

I went to reception to report this incident and the receptionist told me in no uncertain terms that nobody could have entered my room. He said he would call the police but I just wanted some sleep and deal with it in the morning.

In the morning I reported the incident to the suitably located police station just over the road, and returned to speak further with the person on the front desk. I was made to feel that I was lying about the whole incident, and informed I had probably left my belongings at home. I left my details and asked if the manager could call me.

It's now a week later and I have just heard from the management, and they have informed me that they are investigating, but they are certain nobody went into my room.

I feel terribly violated due to this incident, and hope the hotel helps to resolve this issue.

So please take all your valuables and belongings with you. Unless you want a shock on the return to your room.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Jonsto
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Needed a fairly inexpensive hotel to lodge in with young children after I attended a meeting down the road. This hotel is about an 8-10 minute walk from the Edgware Road underground station. As another reviewer said, it is literally just a shopfront reception area --quite small-- but the staff were friendly and efficient. Our room had a double bed and a single bed, was clean with a modern decor and the shower room was also very clean and modern / updated. The self-service continental breakfast really had everything required -- various cereals, breads, juices, coffees, fruit, yoghurt and jams. My kids LOVED the breakfast. The only two things which really annoyed me: 1) while the wall insulation seemed fine, the ceilings/floors must be really thin because we could hear every creaky move of the folks upstairs who seemed to be on some kind of fitness circuit, making it all but impossible to sleep. I finally went upstairs to let them know how noisy it was and that my kids and I were actually thinking of sleeping. They were very cooperative and even left the room for a while I think. Still, not the best sleep I've ever had. 2) With kids present, the first thing they did was grab the TV remote and start channel surfing. Whoa! They started at 1 and by about channel 4, they had landed on all the adult / sex channels. How fast did I lunge for that remote... I just think it shouldn't have been SO easy for these channels to pop up--perhaps put them higher up the channel numbers or even provide a channel guide. Really was annoyed by this! A good price for a clean and efficient hotel, just a couple of irritations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aprohask
, Sales & Marketing Manager at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and putting up a review on your recent visit. It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback and I’m very pleased that our team’s customer service has come up to your expectations. We have a devoted team to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

I’m also please to know that you liked our complimentary continental breakfast. Please share your comments if you would like to add something more to it, as the breakfast menu is under consideration for further improvement so that our guests have a plenty of variety to choose from as they say, ‘Have breakfast like a king’

The first impression of the hotel didn’t seem to fancy you and I equally agree with you for that. The hotel’s entrance can be misleading sometimes. However, as you mention our rooms are very cosy and clean with a modern décor and I’m thrilled to know you were comfortable.

On the other hand we’re distress to learn that you were not happy with some aspects of your stay. We have addressed your comments regarding the noise as well as the channel selection in your room with the TV operators. We are truly sorry that you had to experience a service uncharacteristic of us. We strive to provide our guests an experience they could cherish for a lifetime.
I thank you on our management’s behalf for staying with us and I hope you will give us another chance in future to serve you again. We look forward to your next visit so that we can roll out the red carpet and make your stay unforgettable this time.

Social Media Coordinator