“Shocking” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #858 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Durham, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Shocking! Should not be allowed to rent out such disgusting rooms. Carpets smelt terrible, dirty and old in general. The bed was clean but I stayed for two nights and on the second day the bed clothes were just flung on the bed! Mould coming through ceilings, breakfast room was ok, but the route was horrific, including a foot drop on the way there. Unbelievable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jo M
LHGManagement, Manager at Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

The BELGRAVE HOUSE HOTEL does not simply fling bed clothes on the beds of guest rooms. Rooms are serviced fully in the appropriate fashion as they always have been on a daily basis.

In addition, there certainly is NO horrific route to the breakfast room. There two sets of staircases, that lead directly to the dining room, without any "Foot drops".

You have clearly stayed elsewhere and NOT the BELGRAVE HOUSE HOTEL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel's good (a short walk from Victoria coach station)But that's the only positive thing I can mention about this place.I didn't expect much for the price but was totally disappointed when I saw my room(dirty walls,no curtain)My experience didn't get any better when I saw the shared bathroom either.I'll definitely not return and don 't recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have created this account purely to share our disgust at this hotel DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
We stayed at the Belgrave House Hotel for 1 night. This is the worse place we have ever stayed, it was so bad that when we arrived we actually looked for another place to stay.
Reception
Upon arrival the hotel looks lovely from the exterior and reception looks nice and modern. The staff at reception do no more than grunt as if you are an inconvenience.
Corridor to room
This is when we began to get concerned. The corridors were so dirty with old smelly carpets, mouldy walls and leaking roofs. We opened a door to go down to our room and there was a 2 foot drop to the stairs, this was dangerous. The handle to open the door from the other side was actually at the bottom of the door. Again the smell was disgusting, like old mould and urine.
The room
Filthy, smelly, other peoples rubbish in it. The room was disgusting it really did resemble a prison cell. The walls and celling were mouldy and damp with the old paint was chipping off. The floor had chunks of laminate missing which had been repaired by handy Andy I think. There were big dirty gaps in the floor and it was bumpy and uneven. The "ensuite" was a joke it was a cupboard in the corner that was so small and smelly. You could have showered, brushed your teeth and used the toilet all at the same time it was so small. I've seen bigger bathrooms in caravans. There was an old coke can at the back of my bedside cabinet so these rooms cant be cleaned properly.
I actually felt unsafe in this room as the window never locked or closed properly and it looked onto an alley way which resembled a scene from CSI. I hardly slept that night. oh an you need to pay £5 deposit to use the remote for the TV.

Luckily we were only in this hotel for 1 night but I cant stress enough this is an awful place, don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great stay! Fast free wifi, friendly staff, lovely clean and comfortable room! Great value and great location! Pay no attention to these negative reviews, this hotel is fine - it's budget, but fine! It wouldn't bother with the breakfast!

• Stayed August 2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I booked this hotel as we were having a night out in London. We looked at the pictures on their website, and the hotel didn't look too bad for its price. However once we arrived we were in complete shock! As we walked into the hotel we could see the carpets falling apart, and were forced to hold our breath because of the horrible smell. We walked up into our room and we were absolutely appalled! The smell was horrifying, the bed and mattress were worn out and flat, and the room was covered in stains, dust and mould! We did not last more than 5 minutes in that room. We walked back down to reception and checked out immediately, we then checked into premier inn which was only down the road. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, although cheap its not worth risking your health. The hotel rooms are nothing like what they show in the pictures, if we had seen the pictures of the room we had been given there is no way we would have booked this hotel. The hotel need to update their pictures!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Laila T
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and children on a sightseeing trip. We have stayed in a family room with its own bathroom. The room was basic but clean and spacious. We had hot showers, clean beds and restful sleeps. What more can we ask for! The price was also very reasonable considering the hotel's location. The staff were friendly and helpful anytime we spoke to them. Our stay was worth the money and will return again if coming to London. But next time I won't leave it to the last minute as I know this hotel gets very busy. Luckily there was a cancellation and could accommodate us!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I came here for a night away with my mother in law after going to the o2 for a concert. Whilst I appreciate that we paid £65 for a double room in central London, I really don't think it is a lot to ask for the walls to be white and not to be falling apart. Bed was creaky, there was inches of dust, the shared shower room was mouldy, stained and the sink was cracked. The ONLY positive is the location and nice surroundings, inside it is beyond grim - I was actually concerned about there being a reenactment of Psycho whilst I was in the shower that I asked my mother in law to check on me if I wasn't back in 10 minutes!

Whilst my mother in law and I were able to find the funny side and put up with it, I will not be recommending it and it absolutely gets the award for the worst place I have ever stayed.....and I used to be a student!

Thank god the rest of our trip was fabulous!

Please spend a little more and go elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013