“Not recommended. Unpleasant experience”
Review of Chelsea Cloisters

Chelsea Cloisters
Ranked #511 of 897 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I do not normally do hotel review but I feel strongly about my experience at Chelsea cloisters hence this review.

I stayed about a month in a studio during relocation for work. Relatively small in comparison to a double hotel room.

I have stayed in budget hotels and the standards of service and room sizes were much better at these hotels at a much lower rate.

If you don't need a kitchen to cook, not recommended. A hotel is a better option.

Clip holding shower was broken so I could not stand under the shower.

Light build took 3 days to chance despite several reminders. Bulb dead a week later. Took 2 days to change despite repeated requests.

Ceiling wall paper was torn. It was later sealed.

Major plus is excellent location. Close to South Kensington underground station and tourist places.

Poor and cold customer services.

Thin floors and walls. Woken up daily by neighbour walking up and down between 5 and 6am.

I was offered another studio but they rooms I inspected were not significantly better.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MichaelGunner
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Cloisters

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I booked a studio apartment the day before I was due to go into London when I saw on the website that there was money off some apartments, and it looked very reasonable for the area.
I was very worried indeed when I read some of the reviews on tripadvisor which mentioned stained sheets, toilets which didn't flush, rude staff etc. I needn't have worried. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroomed apartment on arrival, just for myself, which was fantastic value for what I paid. The sheets were snowy white, the pillows plump and soft. Everything was very clean, and I loved the little kitchenette. Toilettries and towels were provided, as was washing up liquid and a scourer.
I felt very safe staying here. there is a chain on the inside of the door and I didn't spot any undesirable elements! (Admittedly I only stayed one night!)
Location- wise it couldn't have been better. A lovely area, and a very short walk to South Kensington tube, lots of eateries, museums etc.
The staff weren't effusive but were perfectly polite and helpful.
The reason I am giving 4 instead of 5 as a rating is because there was light coming into the bedroom from the street, and traffic noise, and the bathroom was a bit draughty. These things didn't bother me, but other people might not like it, so take ear-plugs and an eye-cover.
Overall I enjoyed staying here very much, and based on this experience, would definitely stay at Chelsea cloisters again.

Room Tip: If light and traffic noise bother you ask for a room the other side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Marg50_63
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Recently stayed for a 2-nite break. The location is excellent, 5-minute wall from South Kensington station, we walked to Buckingham Palace & all of the museums. The staff were friendly, however the room we stayed in needed updating and as they advertised the bed as Queen Sized, I was expecting a bit bigger than a standard double, unfortunately they are just standard doubles, although this wouldn't put me of staying again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The location is really quite good, access to Kensington and a supermarket literally 50 steps away .... open until 11pm.
The rooms however are pretty bad. Don't believe the pictures, they simply don't represent what you find when you open the (quite ancient) door. The "double glazed" windows are two diffent types of window jammed in the same frame and are ineffective and difficult to operate. The bathroom isn't aware the war is over !!!!! The room is tiny too. The staff were friendly and very helpful though, just be aware if you are thinking of staying there, it is about a 2.5 star establishment,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were upgraded to a one bedroom after phoning to express our concern about some of the reviews we had read. We were told we had one of the newer apartments. Although the room was clean, quiet and in a brilliant location, it is definitely nothing like the photos and description on their website. The furniture is very dated, the armchair was so stained we never used it, the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable to sit on, the bathroom window was cracked and black with mildew, the dresser was broken and missing a handle, the walls were chipped and stained. The apartment also smelt of smoke. Nothing about it is 'elegant and modern'!!! We didn't complain because we didn't want to spend our trip being angry and negative so we made the best of it but I certainly wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClairC
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Having originally booked a studio apartment I was pleasantly surprised to be offered an upgrade to a one bedroom apartment on the 5th floor.
This is clearly designed for a longer stay, the apartment had a cloakroom and a bathroom plus a kitchen with all necessary utensils, MW oven and electric hobs, toaster, kettle and a washing machine.
I did not try to use the facilities but would do so fro a longer stay. The place was clean and above all very quiet and very close to South Kensigton tube station. There's a Gaucho restaurant in the building.
The room rate (booked on line) was excellent, my only slight complaint is that the WiFi is not free.
I would also like to see that the bath surface is improved as it was very slippery and there were no handles to hold on to. I'm not sure if this was just this apartment or it applies throught the building.

Room Tip: My room overlooked an indoor patio. That made it ideal for a good night's sleep. If you're d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at Chelsea cloisters for 2 months in 2010 on a secondment in London. It is the perfect option for a long stay as you have your own washing machine and kitchen, tube station is at walking distance. You can reach central London by taking a bus from near by four lane. Sainsbury outlet just next to hotel fulfills most of your after office snack and food needs to be cooked at studio apartment.
Staff is helping, Overall it was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business