“Good location and value for money”
Review of Sheriff Hotel

Sheriff Hotel
Ranked #143 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Larne, Co Antrim
“Good location and value for money”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at the Sheriff Hotel for 1 night in February as part of a work trip. The hotel is in a great location, very close to Victoria Station and the staff I found to be very friendly. I was on the top floor and had an en suite which suited me perfect, although I did see that on some floors, bathrooms were shared. They do however make this very clear on their website. I had a TV and free WiFi which both worked perfectly. The windows however did not close properly and so you could hear the traffic on the street. I was so tired I slept well, however if you are a light sleeper, it may be more difficult. The breakfast was simple: cereals, toast and a nice range of breads and danishes, but it was all I wanted. The one negative thing I would have to say is that they need to inform people better on the website that there is no lift and if you are on the top floor like I was, the stairs are very long and quite narrow, and therefore a bit tough to get a suitcase up. But overall, I had a very pleasant stay. If you are looking for somewhere to stay on a budget, this place is great value for money. Would I stay again? Yes!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Elaineemmett28
Majaz L, Manager at Sheriff Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Elaine,

Thank you very much for taking time out and writing a nice review.

I am glad to hear that the room and our service met your expectations.

Yes we do have a few rooms that have private shower and toilet just outside the room with electronic lock and key, therefore it is for exclusive use and not shared with anyone.

I am sorry about the window not closing properly, it has been fixed though.

We do have a "honest statement" page on our website that does mention that we do not have any lift at the moment. We do however have plans for future development.

All of us here at Sheriff Hotel look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Wishes

Majaz Laghari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is clean, the employees are the NICEST people. The rooms are small but we had one with a terasse. The breakfast is ok. It is really well located as it is next to victoria station. We had an awesome time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice little hotel. Small comfortable room, very clean, free Wi Fi. TV with all channels. Breakfast fine, We left our cases before and after checkout. Nice friendly staff. Really dont know why this hotel has bad revews. We loved it,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jew2209
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night on way through to Gatwick. It was rather small and we were put in an annex around the corner from the main hotel but everything was as described. It was warm, clean and breakfast was ok too. Would recommend that you pack what you need in a small hand luggage bag and leave a main case in reception if you have a large case or 2 of you travelling as there is no extra space at all in the room. There is shower gel/shampoo provided and tea and coffee making facilities too.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in main hotel as I think from the photos they may be slightly larger.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is in a great location. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean and warm and brilliant for the price. The breakfast is very basic but plentyful. If you choose the room with the external ensuite, the ensuite is outside and down the stairs so beware.

Room Tip: Not the external ensuite
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CraigS2307
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this weekend is was exellent could not fault any of it.Very clean and central for everything .You get what you pay for but in this instance i think you get more. Its in a quiet street no one to keep you awake ,public house at end of street and restaurant so not to far to go .I will go back again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rizzladog
Milan, Italy
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was there for 1 night and for business, I needed a location in central London and a few minutes walk from Victoria station- the hotel has been totally renovated and the result is lovely: the rooms are small but confortable with small bathroom and small wardrobe- 2 critical points: some rooms (33, 31) have not the bathroom in the room but it is separated (just 1 meter in front of the room door,it could be ideal for 4 friends, 2 couples, 1 family!) - the breakfast has not pork producs (no bacon, sausages ets) and it is honestly simple-
Very important and positive points: perfect location for tourist, excellent rate (89£ for double room in central London!!)
I think I will be back with my little children and grandma!

Room Tip: perferct location in Central London, at competitive rate (but choose the right room!!)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business