“Recommended”

Ranked #55 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Enjoyed our 1 night stay very much. Great location in Wimbledon Village with secure car park. Very pleasent staff, lovely room with Sky TV, room quiet despite being to rear of pub, pub excellent with nice enclosed rear garden, excellent breakfast.

Fully recommended

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the Rose and Crown for one night in October as I had an appointment at the nearby Parkside Hospital. I was on my own but I had a twin room, Room 8. It was very spacious with comfortable beds. I had a great sleep here, which I don't usually in hotels. Even though this is rooms over a pub, it was very quiet. The room had a bath as well as a shower and I really enjoyed relaxing in the bath while listening to the Scotland football match on the television (well, I "enjoyed" it as much as you can enjoy watching the Scotland football team)! The shower was great too and there was plenty of hot water.

At first I could not find the tea and coffee making facilities in the room but they were there, in a cupboard. There was a good selection of teas and even hot chocolate, which I enjoyed. Another good thing was that the TV had the full Sky package, including Movies and Sports. It's rare to find that in hotels, and it was much appreciated.

I had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. But the real treat was the breakfast! I have never had as good a breakfast as the one I had at the Rose and Crown, ever. I ate so much that I could not face food until 8pm that night, and even then I did not feel like eating much.

The hotel is only a short walk from Parkside Hospital and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to stay in the area. I have stayed at the Antoinette Hotel as well and I could not fault either hotel. I shall be back if I ever return to the Wimbledon area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night in August

I was travelling from the south of france so had driven through the night. Arrived a few hours before check in but the two ladies at the desk were the nicest ladies ive bet.

Made sure our room was prepared first as the previous occupant had checked out and we got in at least 3 hours early. COuldnt have been happier as we were shattered.

Whilst we were waiting for that we had a breakfast and an amazing one at that, big hearty breakfast with good quality items with tea or coffee for a reasonable price. think about 8 or 9 pound. but kept topping us up with toast and tea and coffee etc.

That evening we ate in the bar, I had a burger and chips and the other half a fish and chips. Good quality pub food at reasonable prices, couple of pints and it was decent on the draft. can put it to your room so you can pick the tab later when you check out.

Rooms were spacious, big double bed, quiet and comfy. TV in room with tea and coffee facilities.

The rate of the room wasnt the cheapest but if your looking for something that ticks all the boxes then the rate is more than worth it

Honestly proper british hotel, loverly staff. would be booking here again next time im in the London area

Room Tip: Have a breakfast
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant about staying above a pub before I arrived so I was really pleasantly surprised when we arrived. There is free parking (not many spaces) and the location is excellent, right in the heart of Wimbledon village so perfect for shopping.
We stayed in room 14 which is on the top floor so the furthest from the bar so we never once heard any noise from the bar. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Good selection of toiletries in the bathroom. Lots of choice of tea and coffee in the room, free wifi and a complete sky tv package made the stay really comfortable.
The bar is a really nice bar, nicely decorated with excellent food. Breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely recommend and no doubt return. The Rose and Crown has changed my view of 3 star B&B's.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank carol_thrav
NW UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My daughter lives in Wimbledon so when work takes me to London I try and stay here so I can have dinner and a catchup with my first born child. The rooms are always clean and tidy. Free Wifi which is usually more than adequate for document e-mails etc. There is a small free for residents car park and I have always managed to find a space. I go that often I know the access code for the barrier but this is not the place to share it. The staff are all friendly and pleasant. The pub part has an extensive menu which I have tried on few occasions and all dishes have been very good. Breakfast is freshly made to order and much better than the corporate hotels I often have to stay in. The lady who has served me breakfast the last few times is lovely and makes the hotel feel like a home from home. I have stayed in most of the rooms and they are all comfortable and clean. I have never experienced any noise problems in the room despite the pub being adjacent. This is my favorite place to stay when in the London area.

Room Tip: Less traffic noise further to the rear away from the main road
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter51964
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the RC for two weeks only going home at weekends working in the local area ..
Great location, although can be a bit pricy if you don't travel
We ventured down the hill into Wimbledon for drinks and foods as we found this a little cheaper, however we did have some lovely meals when we were to tired to take the half mile walk down and half mile back up again .
The bedrooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable, shower and bathroom were spotless and the shower had a good power to it, the rooms were cleaned everyday and were always spotless and cool ( air-con) when we returned ..
Limited car parking space so if you are booking worth having a chat with the receptionist
Taxi rank just across the road so if the legs need a break its handy ..
The breakfast is one of the best I have had in all the years of living in hotels, good selection served with a smile hot and fresh, don't miss the warm croissants at 7am just delivered by the local baker ..
Friendly, full of locals and I was happy to spend the money for what I was getting

We will return .. 4 guys .. 2 weeks .. 1 stone each over the two weeks .. De-tox time and salads for me ..

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Littleborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The positives: Excellent location - lots of nice shops, restaurants etc within walking distance. Free car parking for residents. Friendly, helpful staff. Lovely atmosphere in bar. Nice room. Good towels. Sky TV channels. Free Wifi. Good food (dinner & breakfast), reasonably priced menu (dinner).

The negatives: Uncomfortable bed, soft mattress, rubbish pillows & squeaky headboard. Lots of noise when trying to get off to sleep (knocking sound from pipes?), plus bedroom situated right in front of access to cellar, so could hear barrels being brought up etc, right outside our window.

Overall, the positives outweighed the negatives. If we'd had a better nights sleep I'd have been giving it 9 or 10/10 but instead it's closer to 7 or 7.5. Would definitely return but would ask for a different room and maybe drink a bit more wine to assist with sleep ;-)

Room Tip: Don't sleep in room 3, too close to access to cellar & very noisy as a result.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Br00nie
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Wimbledon
Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon
#457 of 1,088 in London
Warren House
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Rose and Crown? Share your experiences!