Avoid this hotel at all costs! After eventually finding the hotel up a dirty, seedy back alley, next door to an NHS drop in centre, we were 'greeted' by the male receptionist and asked for our names and payment. No friendly chat or have a good stay, etc. The rooms were small and absolutely filthy!!! The dust and dirt and cobwebs must have been gathering for weeks if not months. There were stains on the duvet cover, the carpet was dirty, the curtains didn't fit and were hanging off. The shower room was so dirty we got cleaning -products that had been left in a bucket on the landing and cleaned it ourselves!!
We had to leave our keys at reception every time we went out and the staff barely spoke. We weren't asked if we needed any help with luggage although the hotel advertises a porter service. We had to ask for tea bags (which was earl grey!) had no teaspoon and only 3 pillows on a double bed.
"Cooked breakfast" comprised of cereals in tubs on the side, no bowls or milk, a glass of orange juice, cup of tea or coffee, cold toast with butter and jam, processed cheese slices and 2 fried eggs which were overcooked and smelly!! No bacon or sausages (possibly a religious thing as the hotel is run by Muslims??!!) there was Indian/Arabic music blaring from a computer while we were eating. If I could give a zero rating on everything, I would! Overall, a dreadful experience and wouldn't stay there again even if it was free!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Inn Express London Fields is a budget hotel located in East London near Hackney, Bethnal Green, Old Street, and Shoreditch. If you’re looking for cheap hotels in London, with affordable quality accomodation in a unique section of London, this hotel is the right choice for you. The rooms are neutrally decorated with a feel of calm and are designed to meet your demands in order to allow you a peaceful night sleep.For the business traveler, City Inn Express is with in easy access to Financial and Business districts such as The City of London, London Liverpool Street, Canary Wharf, London Bridge, Fleet Street, Old Street and the Excel London. City inn Express is less than 5 minutes walk from London Fields station, a 15 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube. With a bus stop directly outside the hotel, it offers easy access to all London's business districts.For the London explorer , London’s main areas of interest lie to the East of the City, and the City Inn Express Hotel is at the center of it all, with something for everyone. From trendy bars, restaurants and some of the world’s best known clubs in nearby Old Street, to the shopping districts of the West End, Oxford Street, Old Spitafields, Brick Lane and Borough Markets all a short hop away, makes this hotel a great starting point in order to explore London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your City Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Inn Express Hotel London
- City Hotel Express
- City Hotel London
- City Inn Express London, England