I stayed here for two nights. On the plus side, I saved a lot of money and I had a clean warm safe place to stay, with a small bathroom. There are buses that run nearby that take you to Bethnal Green tube station. Some of the rooms are close enough to the wi-fi hotspot to have a very good internet connection, which is included for no additional fee. On the down side, there's a loud water pump on the 3rd floor on the other side of the wall of my room that would go off every minute or so. I took off a picture frame from the wall to reduce the rattling sound. Even with ear plugs, I had a terrible night's sleep the first night. The friendly staff said they would turn it off for most of the night on the 2nd night, so I got a decent night's sleep on the second night. The shower is small with just barely enough hot water, but it is enough.
If the owners could isolate the water pump better and provide internet access to all the rooms and do just a bit more maintenance (e.g., fix the drippy faucet in my room), this would be a good affordable hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Inn Express London Fields is a budget hotel located in East London near Hackney, Bethnal Green, Old Street, and Shoreditch. If you’re looking for cheap hotels in London, with affordable quality accomodation in a unique section of London, this hotel is the right choice for you. The rooms are neutrally decorated with a feel of calm and are designed to meet your demands in order to allow you a peaceful night sleep.For the business traveler, City Inn Express is with in easy access to Financial and Business districts such as The City of London, London Liverpool Street, Canary Wharf, London Bridge, Fleet Street, Old Street and the Excel London. City inn Express is less than 5 minutes walk from London Fields station, a 15 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube. With a bus stop directly outside the hotel, it offers easy access to all London's business districts.For the London explorer , London’s main areas of interest lie to the East of the City, and the City Inn Express Hotel is at the center of it all, with something for everyone. From trendy bars, restaurants and some of the world’s best known clubs in nearby Old Street, to the shopping districts of the West End, Oxford Street, Old Spitafields, Brick Lane and Borough Markets all a short hop away, makes this hotel a great starting point in order to explore London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Budget Places and Agoda so you can book your City Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Inn Express Hotel London
- City Hotel Express
- City Hotel London
- City Inn Express London, England