See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I booked this hotel for an overnight weekend stay. There were 5 of us and we got a family room with one double and three single beds. It was a good sized room and all the beds were clean. The curtains were not hung properly and the bed bases were a little bit dirty but apart from those very minor things, the room was clean enough to be a 2 star budget hotel. I think what people need to remember is that this is a 2 star hotel! We had no problems. The staff were friendly and it was not overly noisy. We would stay here again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

When we arrived the staff seemed friendly, which was a plus as the hotel itself left a LOT to be desired! After hauling our luggage up 3 flights of stairs (without being offered assistance!) we got to our room... Well, what a dump! It had two beds and a TV at least, but the cleanliness was appalling! There were bits all over the floor, everything was covered in a thick layer of dust, and there was a hair on my pillow!! Going back to the dust, on the wall people had managed to write "please dust me"... there were several different types of handwriting so god only knows how long it has been since the place has seen Pledge!! The bathroom was tiny - I almost knocked myself out getting out of the shower! The shower was rubbish and the tray was stained. The shower doors were slimy and did not look clean at all! To top it off, my friend found two pubic hairs on the toilet!! They could have been regular hair I suppose, but they were short and curly - you decide!! Unfortunately we couldn't afford to move anywhere different so we endured the night... Under duress! Will never go back!!! Location was ok - walking distance to everything you could want - however our room overlooked a petrol station... Classy it was not!!

1  Thank stephywj90
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Reviews for this place seem poles apart! My own experience falls in the "don't touch with a barge pole" camp. I was there for as long as my husband on the end of a telephone could find me somewhere else - a clean, well presented and comfortable hotel a few miles away for the same money (£65). This hotel is revolting and I thank my lucky stars that I didn't have to stay there. The photographs which appear here are wholly accurate and in line with my own experience. Booking agents should not promote it on their websites.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Sheena G
Reviewed October 22, 2012

On arrival we were told we had to pay a 5% surcharge to pay by debt card - No mention of this on the confirming emails etc. Cashier sugegsted we could go out in the rain late at night in Hackney to get cash if we prefereed!
Then there was not hot water int he room. Again staff indifferent.
Room was clean and ok for a budget hotel.
Noisy as by main road and all might traffic

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank judith2107
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Give hotel credit it is spotless on the cleanliness side.Working in area and asked if we could have breakfast earlier? No problem was said but on first day we had to ask the miserable person/s on reception if we can have lights on in lounge area.Then only cereal available and again had to ask for milk.If you want a return visits be a more helpful its not a chore to work nights its your job. Never stay again only because of the staff being so miserable and not helpful at all.Hope this helps Jif

Date of stay: September 2012