It's a weekend/shortbreak budget hotel.
We were visiting Family in Hackney.
The entrance is off a side road just below the petrol station, as you approach the archway to the hotel entrance you can't help but notice the derelict building, take a good look at the windows, it's an art installation.
We asked to see the room before paying, It was reasonable size with very small shower/wc room.
The room was clean in the right places, but dusty wardrobe tops & window sills.
The bed was old but clean sheets & comfortable enough.
There was a kettle & tea/coffee.
We stayed 2 nights & the towels were replaced, even if the were a bit tatty they were clean.
The reception is manned 24hours, & you buzz them to get back in.
Overall the hotel is good enough for just a couple of nights stay on a budget in London.
But do ask to check out the room .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Inn Express London Fields is a budget hotel located in East London near Hackney, Bethnal Green, Old Street, and Shoreditch. If you’re looking for cheap hotels in London, with affordable quality accomodation in a unique section of London, this hotel is the right choice for you. The rooms are neutrally decorated with a feel of calm and are designed to meet your demands in order to allow you a peaceful night sleep.For the business traveler, City Inn Express is with in easy access to Financial and Business districts such as The City of London, London Liverpool Street, Canary Wharf, London Bridge, Fleet Street, Old Street and the Excel London. City inn Express is less than 5 minutes walk from London Fields station, a 15 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube. With a bus stop directly outside the hotel, it offers easy access to all London's business districts.For the London explorer , London’s main areas of interest lie to the East of the City, and the City Inn Express Hotel is at the center of it all, with something for everyone. From trendy bars, restaurants and some of the world’s best known clubs in nearby Old Street, to the shopping districts of the West End, Oxford Street, Old Spitafields, Brick Lane and Borough Markets all a short hop away, makes this hotel a great starting point in order to explore London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your City Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Inn Express Hotel London
- City Hotel Express
- City Hotel London
- City Inn Express London, England