“check out impressions left me not wanting to ever come back”
Review of Tudor Court Hotel

Tudor Court Hotel
Ranked #834 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have to say that I was very happy when i booked this "hotel" to find something to close to the underground. Although i would never want to come back there were some positive things too:
- the guy who did my check-in was very friendly and let me leave my backpack there until official check-in was made. also got maps and tube map from him!
- the breakfast in my opinion was good!
- and the definitely the location!
now the negative things:
- my check out left me with deeps marks. I don't know the name of the woman who have been there but she has been absolutely and extremely rude and impolite! beforehand i have not received anywhere information that no one can come in visiting (i have booked via booking.com and never visited their website and upon check-in wasn't told). my friend came in for few hours (when we came no one was at the reception, tried to find someone. that's about the 7/24 reception), and she was almost shouting at us and even threatening calling the police. i tried stay calm and be polite with her until i had my bus leaving to airport in less than 20 min and almost got late. furthermore, she didn't even had any idea of what i paid for, been asking information from me!
- there is no free wifi! in the guest information card it says you have for 30 min and then you have to pay 6GBP/night. Really!? I'd rather used my own roaming internet and still cost me less than if i paid for the wifi!
- electricity adapter is not available in the room! it should be a must for a hotel that aims to please every visitor even from outside UK! I had to pay a deposit of 5GBP about which the (i believe manager) lady told me i will get back when i will return the adapter. Again the rude lady, couldn't be bothered with returning my money back for the adapter!
- also the bathroom and the cleanliness of the whole 'hotel' does not sound like they are reaching for the best.
- walls are very thin and can hear everything that comes from the room next to.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Réka B

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

First time in London & we choose Tudor Court. It was 3 of us in a room. Yes the rooms are small...but the beds were comfortable. You just sleep in your room so we were fine w/the size. The room was always cleaned immaculate. The breakfast was awesome!! Tasted fresh!! The young lady that served was very polite . Everyone we encountered that worked there were very friendly ! The location is great , took the heathrow connect & it was 3 min walk. Plenty of food places ...favorite was the San Marco Italian . If I were to go back to London I would definitely stay there! The owners were very nice & were in the breakfast area greeting ppl.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank yvnet
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The location is excellent, and it would be difficult coming any closer to the Paddington station where the Heathrow Express ends. This makes it really easy getting to and from the airport when you use Heathrow, and I for one appreciate being able to just jump on the Heathrow Express and then go straight to my hotel from Paddington station.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Many make a mention of the small rooms, and they are indeed small, but this wasn't really a problem for me. The bathroom could be a bit bigger though. The walls are also a bit thin, so there might be some noise coming into the room.

Would I stay there again? Yes, I would.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank yobo500
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Steps from Paddington station and centrally located! Yea, the rooms are small, but that's how it is with all lodging around there. How much time are you going to spend in your room anyway??? Super friendly staff too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Paddington is my favorite location in London due to its ease to/from heathrow, the trains, and the city. This was my first time at the Tudor Court and it was as decribed by others. Rooms are tight, which is expected in central London. The room was very clean and while the "spaceship" type bath/shower is always an interesting "play", it too was clean. So, I would recommend this if you want a great location at a good price in Central London. I would look elsewhere if exterior noise is of concern (light sleeper) as it is close enough to pubs for street noise at night. Otherwise, expect narrow beds, small room, small ensuite, but clean and affordable in central London. I did not have the breakfast, so cannot comment on it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank David F
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This place is located just a block from paddington train and tube stations and staffed by a very friendly people. The rooms are small, but very clean and quiet. The wifi can be a bit iffy, but it's free. I'll stay again as they are very consistent.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank abfloyd
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice staff and really good location, several steps away from the paddington underground or railway station. Good English breakfast. Tiny rooms, just too small. I cannot stretch my body in the bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends